Alpha Q Carbon Seatpost???

pabergel

Nov 29, 2003
RE: Alpha Q Carbon seatpost
Has anybody ever used one of these? I'm thinking of buying one of these bad boys, but it's like Google has never even heard of them. All things being equal (ha! ha!), would this be a nicer ride than a Thomson Elite?

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Yes, I use one. It's a bit heavy for a carbon post but has enhanced the ride qualities on my bike, though I don't have much of a seatpost extension. As for the Thomson, it doesn't get much stiffer than machined aluminum with a rib running along the center of the post...of course, I've had many customers that swear by their posts.
Oh, and I don't care for the Thomson's means of adjustability, though some people seem to like it.
roadbikereview.com should be your friend when searching for product reviews.

Originally posted by Waldo
Yes, I use one. It's a bit heavy for a carbon post but has enhanced the ride qualities on my bike, though I don't have much of a seatpost extension.

Gracias. Sounds like it makes for a good plan-B post if shelling out $200 for a "high-end" carbon post isn't your thing. It's definitely not mine. Yeah, I checked roadbikereview.com and they had peep on the seatpost, leading me to ask just what was the scoop on this mystery post. Again, thanks for your recomendation

It is a 200 gram post. not too bad they have only made them for a bout a year.