Alright Stop, Collaborate and Listen .....

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by monsterman, Nov 14, 2005.

  1. monsterman

    monsterman New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2005
    OK, now that I have got your attention by cunningly using a Vanilla Ice lyric (I'm guessing a lot of you are white and around my age, but thats another story)...

    I know there's other forums, but people I trust live here......

    I'm thinking of changing pedals and going to speedplays - for reduced stack height, but more importantly for double sided entry now that the roadie is getting a caning on the commute and my track standing confidence is at an all time low :D .

    Anyone have any strong views on them or have any other suggestions (and where can I get them relatively cheaply? - most online retailers dont seem to stock them.

    Currently using Look A5.1, on which I'm completely ambivalent.

    thanks heaps. Last time I'll use Vanilla Ice. Honest.

    Tags:

  2. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    Bahahahah :D

    In a masterstroke of musical genius, i once saw an interview with Vanilla, explaining his tune was radically different to David Bowie's "Under Pressure", Bcos his...
    "goes
    'dun-dun-dun-dudda-dun-da'
    whereas my song goes
    'dun-dun-dun-dudda-dun-da-sscchhkk' "

    as for suggestions, EGGBEATERS
    Also very low stack height, and ALL-sided entry.
    Try em once. you wont leave. Tell em Dutchy
    sent ya-sscchhkk!

  3. JayWoo

    JayWoo New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2004
    ... or for the roadie vibe go their (Crank Brothers) Quatro's. I got-em & luv-em:cool:

  4. monsterman

    monsterman New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2005
    PHP:
    PHP:
    My fav ice story is an edition of the US tv show Celebrity Boxing. Ice was pitted against "wuju talkin 'bout" Willis from Different Strokes over 3 x 1 minute furious rounds. Summary - Willis tore Ice a big red new one. Great entertainment. Almost as funny as watching Partridge Family's Danny Bonaduci knock the b'jesus out of Greg from the Brady Bunch. Frickin hilarious. Why did that show only last one season?

  5. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    that sounds good :D

    I saw a hilarious piss-take of Ice-Ice-baby by Jim Carey.
    I usually cant stand Jimbo but his 'Ice' was hilarious

    Be on the lookout for new show...

    "Pimp my ride"
    ( when peasantantry/boganism and automobiles meet )

  6. hippy

    hippy New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2003
    Messages:
    1,806
    I've been watching that over here, along with Top Gear and its rival show. Has anyone seen the EFIJY? It's a modern take on the FJ Holden. Looks fully sick mate!
    No, I'm not converting from bikes to cars, I think the ride tonight froze my brain. ;)

    Oh, I STILL like SPDs. I reckon they'd be cheaper than most other options. With double sided entry on the M520's I just bought over here, they're great for commuting use - ie. you can walk almost normally in the shoes and they don't look like spaceships (road shoes).

    hippy

  7. Bean Long

    Bean Long Guest

    "flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Pimp my ride"
    > ( when peasantantry/boganism and automobiles meet )

    WTF is that show. Saw it the other night and all they did was buy a kid a
    new car and make it look like something somone with half a brain would want
    to steal. I'm waiting for the cycling equivalent... "Pump my Flat"

    --
    Bean

    Remove "yourfinger" before replying

  8. dej

    dej Guest

    "monsterman" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]

    > OK, now that I have got your attention by cunningly using a Vanilla Ice
    > lyric (I'm guessing a lot of you are white and around my age, but thats
    > another story)...
    >
    > I know there's other forums, but people I trust live here......
    >
    > I'm thinking of changing pedals and going to speedplays - for reduced
    > stack height, but more importantly for double sided entry now that the
    > roadie is getting a caning on the commute and my track standing
    > confidence is at an all time low :D .
    >
    > Anyone have any strong views on them or have any other suggestions (and
    > where can I get them relatively cheaply? - most online retailers dont
    > seem to stock them.
    >
    > Currently using Look A5.1, on which I'm completely ambivalent.
    >
    > thanks heaps. Last time I'll use Vanilla Ice. Honest.
    >

    > --
    > monsterman

    Mate of mine recently changed to speedplay zero Ti pedals (after using
    ultegra sl's)
    Rekons theyre really good.
    I'd also try out the eggbeaters if you want multi sided pedals

  9. Theo Bekkers

    Theo Bekkers Guest

    monsterman wrote:
    > OK, now that I have got your attention by cunningly using a Vanilla
    > Ice lyric (I'm guessing a lot of you are white and around my age, but
    > thats another story)...

    Who the hell are Vanilla Ice? Let me guess, some group that plays (C)rap
    music?
    What makes you think I'm anywhere near your age, Whitey Boy?

    Theo
    Ambivalent on the Look pedals, but passionate in his views about (C)rap
    music.

  10. hippy

    hippy New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2003
    Messages:
    1,806
    I read that as "Pump my fat". Someone's toey.. ;)

    I found it quite funny that they chose to pimp the ride of some silly cow who has had multiple accidents (including a roll over!!) in her truck. She reckons she spent 10grand fixing up the POS after the accidents. Why? Why fix her car? Why? Stupid.

    hippy

  11. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    bahahahahahah

    you're funny :D:D:D

    http://www.mtv.com/bands/az/vanilla_ice/artist.jhtml

  12. Donga

    Donga Guest

    Chalk up another vote for eggbeaters. Don't get the Ti ones - they
    bust. Stainless steel are fine and light. Easy entry, low height, don't
    pop out, nice float, easy maintenance, good cleats. I have a set on my
    MTB; also a set of Candys on another bike.

    I swapped from Looks to Time Impact on my road bike and like them -
    rarely miss an entry, unlike Looks. The Time cleats are XX-ey. I will
    probably swap to eggbeaters on this bike too.

    Donga.

  13. monsterman

    monsterman New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2005
    PHP:
    PHP:
    Yo beeyarch, word to yo mama. Dont dis ice, or da peeps will run you down dawg and bust a cap in yo ass. peace out.

  14. Bean Long

    Bean Long Guest

    > Bean Long Wrote:
    > > "flyingdutch"
    > > > "Pimp my ride"
    > > > ( when peasantantry/boganism and automobiles meet )

    > > WTF is that show. Saw it the other night and all they did was buy a
    > > kid a new car and make it look like something somone with half a brain
    > > would want to steal. I'm waiting for the cycling equivalent... "Pump
    > > my Flat"
    > >

    > I read that as "Pump my fat". Someone's toey.. ;)

    Yeah... that's on SBS early Saturday mornings.

    --
    Bean

    Remove "yourfinger" before replying

  15. Theo Bekkers

    Theo Bekkers Guest

    monsterman wrote:

    > Yo beeyarch, word to yo mama. Dont dis ice, or da peeps will run you
    > down dawg and bust a cap in yo ass. peace out.

    I actually understood the last two words, and it ain't what I call rock and
    roll. :)

    Theo

  16. LotteBum

    LotteBum New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2004
    Messages:
    1,138
    Theo Prado Bekkers wrote:

    Who the hell are Vanilla Ice? Let me guess, some group that plays (C)rap
    music?

    What makes you think I'm anywhere near your age, Whitey Boy?

    Yeah Monsterman, why didn't you quote some Barry Manilow lyrics instead?

    .....Ice is back with my brand new invention
    Something grabs a hold of me tightly
    Flow like a harpoon daily and nightly
    Will it ever stop? yo I don't know
    Turn off the lights and I'll glow
    To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal
    Light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle
    Dance go rush to the speaker that booms
    I'm killing your brain like a poisonous mushroom....

    Lotte-IceIceBaby-Bum

  17. Theo Bekkers

    Theo Bekkers Guest

    LotteBum wrote:

    > ....Ice is back with my brand new invention
    > Something grabs a hold of me tightly
    > Flow like a harpoon daily and nightly
    > Will it ever stop? yo I don't know
    > Turn off the lights and I'll glow
    > To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal
    > Light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle
    > Dance go rush to the speaker that booms
    > I'm killing your brain like a poisonous mushroom....

    I tried babelfish but it said huh?

    Theo

  18. Shabby

    Shabby New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2003
    Well, Mr Down with the kids..... I think it's technically a Queen song, not a David Bowie song...

    I'll bet these whipper-snappers don't know who MCHammer of Milli Vanilla are either.....

    Some interesting lyrics though:

    http://www.queenwords.com/lyrics/songs/sng19_02.shtml

  19. Vanilla Ice? Ptooey!!

    The thinking man's white rapper would have to be "Snow"!!

    Could never work out those lyrics to "Informer" though - why did he
    keep singing something about his "itchy-bum-bum-down"?? *laughs*

    Abby

  20. Resound

    Resound Guest

    "flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]

    > Bahahahah :D
    >
    > In a masterstroke of musical genius, i once saw an interview with
    > Vanilla, explaining his tune was radically different to David Bowie's
    > "Under Pressure", Bcos his...
    > "goes
    > 'dun-dun-dun-dudda-dun-da'
    > whereas my song goes
    > 'dun-dun-dun-dudda-dun-da-sscchhkk' "
    >
    > as for suggestions, EGGBEATERS
    > Also very low stack height, and ALL-sided entry.
    > Try em once. you wont leave. Tell em Dutchy
    > sent ya-sscchhkk!
    >

    > --
    > flyingdutch

    Bowie? 'Under Pressure' was Queen, unless Bowie wrote it and Queen performed
    it.