Alright Stop, Collaborate and Listen .....

monsterman

New Member
Apr 23, 2005
OK, now that I have got your attention by cunningly using a Vanilla Ice lyric (I'm guessing a lot of you are white and around my age, but thats another story)...

I know there's other forums, but people I trust live here......

I'm thinking of changing pedals and going to speedplays - for reduced stack height, but more importantly for double sided entry now that the roadie is getting a caning on the commute and my track standing confidence is at an all time low :D .

Anyone have any strong views on them or have any other suggestions (and where can I get them relatively cheaply? - most online retailers dont seem to stock them.

Currently using Look A5.1, on which I'm completely ambivalent.

thanks heaps. Last time I'll use Vanilla Ice. Honest.

Bahahahah :D

In a masterstroke of musical genius, i once saw an interview with Vanilla, explaining his tune was radically different to David Bowie's "Under Pressure", Bcos his...
"goes
'dun-dun-dun-dudda-dun-da'
whereas my song goes
'dun-dun-dun-dudda-dun-da-sscchhkk' "

as for suggestions, EGGBEATERS
Also very low stack height, and ALL-sided entry.
Try em once. you wont leave. Tell em Dutchy
sent ya-sscchhkk!

flyingdutch said:
as for suggestions, EGGBEATERS
Also very low stack height, and ALL-sided entry.
Try em once. you wont leave. Tell em Dutchy
sent ya-sscchhkk!
... or for the roadie vibe go their (Crank Brothers) Quatro's. I got-em & luv-em:cool:

PHP:
flyingdutch said:
Bahahahah :D

In a masterstroke of musical genius, i once saw an interview with Vanilla, explaining his tune was radically different to David Bowie's "Under Pressure", Bcos his...
"goes
'dun-dun-dun-dudda-dun-da'
whereas my song goes
'dun-dun-dun-dudda-dun-da-sscchhkk' "

as for suggestions, EGGBEATERS
Also very low stack height, and ALL-sided entry.
Try em once. you wont leave. Tell em Dutchy
sent ya-sscchhkk!
PHP:

My fav ice story is an edition of the US tv show Celebrity Boxing. Ice was pitted against "wuju talkin 'bout" Willis from Different Strokes over 3 x 1 minute furious rounds. Summary - Willis tore Ice a big red new one. Great entertainment. Almost as funny as watching Partridge Family's Danny Bonaduci knock the b'jesus out of Greg from the Brady Bunch. Frickin hilarious. Why did that show only last one season?

monsterman said:
PHP:
PHP:

My fav ice story is an edition of the US tv show Celebrity Boxing. Ice was pitted against "wuju talkin 'bout" Willis from Different Strokes over 3 x 1 minute furious rounds. Summary - Willis tore Ice a big red new one. Great entertainment. Almost as funny as watching Partridge Family's Danny Bonaduci knock the b'jesus out of Greg from the Brady Bunch. Frickin hilarious. Why did that show only last one season?

that sounds good :D

I saw a hilarious ****-take of Ice-Ice-baby by Jim Carey.
I usually cant stand Jimbo but his 'Ice' was hilarious

Be on the lookout for new show...

"Pimp my ride"
( when peasantantry/boganism and automobiles meet )

flyingdutch said:
Be on the lookout for new show...
"Pimp my ride"
( when peasantantry/boganism and automobiles meet)

I've been watching that over here, along with Top Gear and its rival show. Has anyone seen the EFIJY? It's a modern take on the FJ Holden. Looks fully sick mate!
No, I'm not converting from bikes to cars, I think the ride tonight froze my brain. ;)

Oh, I STILL like SPDs. I reckon they'd be cheaper than most other options. With double sided entry on the M520's I just bought over here, they're great for commuting use - ie. you can walk almost normally in the shoes and they don't look like spaceships (road shoes).

hippy

"flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Pimp my ride"
> ( when peasantantry/boganism and automobiles meet )

WTF is that show. Saw it the other night and all they did was buy a kid a
new car and make it look like something somone with half a brain would want
to steal. I'm waiting for the cycling equivalent... "Pump my Flat"

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

"monsterman" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> OK, now that I have got your attention by cunningly using a Vanilla Ice
> lyric (I'm guessing a lot of you are white and around my age, but thats
> another story)...
>
> I know there's other forums, but people I trust live here......
>
> I'm thinking of changing pedals and going to speedplays - for reduced
> stack height, but more importantly for double sided entry now that the
> roadie is getting a caning on the commute and my track standing
> confidence is at an all time low :D .
>
> Anyone have any strong views on them or have any other suggestions (and
> where can I get them relatively cheaply? - most online retailers dont
> seem to stock them.
>
> Currently using Look A5.1, on which I'm completely ambivalent.
>
> thanks heaps. Last time I'll use Vanilla Ice. Honest.
>

> --
> monsterman

Mate of mine recently changed to speedplay zero Ti pedals (after using
ultegra sl's)
Rekons theyre really good.
I'd also try out the eggbeaters if you want multi sided pedals

monsterman wrote:
> OK, now that I have got your attention by cunningly using a Vanilla
> Ice lyric (I'm guessing a lot of you are white and around my age, but
> thats another story)...

Who the hell are Vanilla Ice? Let me guess, some group that plays (C)rap
music?
What makes you think I'm anywhere near your age, Whitey Boy?

Theo
Ambivalent on the Look pedals, but passionate in his views about (C)rap
music.

Bean Long said:
"flyingdutch"
> "Pimp my ride"
> ( when peasantantry/boganism and automobiles meet )

WTF is that show. Saw it the other night and all they did was buy a kid a new car and make it look like something somone with half a brain would want to steal. I'm waiting for the cycling equivalent... "Pump my Flat"

I read that as "Pump my fat". Someone's toey.. ;)

I found it quite funny that they chose to pimp the ride of some silly cow who has had multiple accidents (including a roll over!!) in her truck. She reckons she spent 10grand fixing up the POS after the accidents. Why? Why fix her car? Why? Stupid.

hippy

Theo Bekkers said:
Who the hell are Vanilla Ice? Let me guess, some group that plays (C)rap
music?
What makes you think I'm anywhere near your age, Whitey Boy?

Theo
Ambivalent on the Look pedals, but passionate in his views about (C)rap
music.

bahahahahahah

you're funny :D:D:D

http://www.mtv.com/bands/az/vanilla_ice/artist.jhtml

Chalk up another vote for eggbeaters. Don't get the Ti ones - they
bust. Stainless steel are fine and light. Easy entry, low height, don't
pop out, nice float, easy maintenance, good cleats. I have a set on my
MTB; also a set of Candys on another bike.

I swapped from Looks to Time Impact on my road bike and like them -
rarely miss an entry, unlike Looks. The Time cleats are XX-ey. I will
probably swap to eggbeaters on this bike too.

Donga.

PHP:
Theo Bekkers said:
monsterman wrote:
> OK, now that I have got your attention by cunningly using a Vanilla
> Ice lyric (I'm guessing a lot of you are white and around my age, but
> thats another story)...

Who the hell are Vanilla Ice? Let me guess, some group that plays (C)rap
music?
What makes you think I'm anywhere near your age, Whitey Boy?

Theo
Ambivalent on the Look pedals, but passionate in his views about (C)rap
music.
PHP:

Yo beeyarch, word to yo mama. Dont dis ice, or da peeps will run you down dawg and bust a cap in yo ass. peace out.

> Bean Long Wrote:
> > "flyingdutch"
> > > "Pimp my ride"
> > > ( when peasantantry/boganism and automobiles meet )

> > WTF is that show. Saw it the other night and all they did was buy a
> > kid a new car and make it look like something somone with half a brain
> > would want to steal. I'm waiting for the cycling equivalent... "Pump
> > my Flat"
> >

> I read that as "Pump my fat". Someone's toey.. ;)

Yeah... that's on SBS early Saturday mornings.

--

monsterman wrote:

> Yo beeyarch, word to yo mama. Dont dis ice, or da peeps will run you
> down dawg and bust a cap in yo ass. peace out.

I actually understood the last two words, and it ain't what I call rock and
roll. :)

Theo

Theo Prado Bekkers wrote:

Who the hell are Vanilla Ice? Let me guess, some group that plays (C)rap
music?

What makes you think I'm anywhere near your age, Whitey Boy?

Yeah Monsterman, why didn't you quote some Barry Manilow lyrics instead?

.....Ice is back with my brand new invention
Something grabs a hold of me tightly
Flow like a harpoon daily and nightly
Will it ever stop? yo I don't know
Turn off the lights and I'll glow
To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal
Light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle
Dance go rush to the speaker that booms
I'm killing your brain like a poisonous mushroom....

Lotte-IceIceBaby-Bum

LotteBum wrote:

> ....Ice is back with my brand new invention
> Something grabs a hold of me tightly
> Flow like a harpoon daily and nightly
> Will it ever stop? yo I don't know
> Turn off the lights and I'll glow
> To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal
> Light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle
> Dance go rush to the speaker that booms
> I'm killing your brain like a poisonous mushroom....

I tried babelfish but it said huh?

Theo

flyingdutch said:
Bahahahah :D

In a masterstroke of musical genius, i once saw an interview with Vanilla, explaining his tune was radically different to David Bowie's "Under Pressure", Bcos his...
"goes
'dun-dun-dun-dudda-dun-da'
whereas my song goes
'dun-dun-dun-dudda-dun-da-sscchhkk' "
Well, Mr Down with the kids..... I think it's technically a Queen song, not a David Bowie song...

I'll bet these whipper-snappers don't know who MCHammer of Milli Vanilla are either.....

Some interesting lyrics though:

http://www.queenwords.com/lyrics/songs/sng19_02.shtml

Vanilla Ice? Ptooey!!

The thinking man's white rapper would have to be "Snow"!!

Could never work out those lyrics to "Informer" though - why did he
keep singing something about his "itchy-bum-bum-down"?? *laughs*

Abby

"flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> Bahahahah :D
>
> In a masterstroke of musical genius, i once saw an interview with
> Vanilla, explaining his tune was radically different to David Bowie's
> "Under Pressure", Bcos his...
> "goes
> 'dun-dun-dun-dudda-dun-da'
> whereas my song goes
> 'dun-dun-dun-dudda-dun-da-sscchhkk' "
>
> as for suggestions, EGGBEATERS
> Also very low stack height, and ALL-sided entry.
> Try em once. you wont leave. Tell em Dutchy
> sent ya-sscchhkk!
>

> --
> flyingdutch

Bowie? 'Under Pressure' was Queen, unless Bowie wrote it and Queen performed
it.