Also free to good home: frame for 'fixing'

flyingdutch

New Member
Feb 8, 2004
5,700
Found a useable road frame in Box Hill on Saturday (hard rubbish time)

Its 56cm c-c (seatpost) x 55cm c-c (toptube)
It aint my size so your win...
Steel (nothing special but a great SS/fixer candidate)
and best of all it will go fast cos its red!

got all kinds of brackets for cables which could be removed to keep it 'clean' and eyelets for rear panniers if that's your bag.
Also has long horizontal dropouts

see it here: http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/frame_01.jpg

if by chance you have a 54/55cm frame lying about we could swap or somethin as i am missing a SS in my collection (the mtb SS project is sitting on the windtrainer at the mo, Koon )

flyingdutch wrote:

> Found a useable road frame in Box Hill on Saturday (hard rubbish time)
>
> Its 56cm c-c (seatpost) x 55cm c-c (toptube)
> It aint my size so your win...
> Steel (nothing special but a great SS/fixer candidate)
> and best of all it will go fast cos its red!

Fast ??? It'll go like the absolute clappers - it's REALLY red...:)

--
HUMBUG

"HUMBUG" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> flyingdutch wrote:
>

> > Found a useable road frame in Box Hill on Saturday (hard rubbish time)
> >
> > Its 56cm c-c (seatpost) x 55cm c-c (toptube)
> > It aint my size so your win...
> > Steel (nothing special but a great SS/fixer candidate)
> > and best of all it will go fast cos its red!

> Fast ??? It'll go like the absolute clappers - it's REALLY red...:)
>
> --
> HUMBUG

Oh, NOW there's a bike free to good home :p Oh well. The one I got had all
the bits, so I'm not too annoyed :)

flyingdutch wrote:
> flyingdutch Wrote:
>

>>stuff
>>

> jeez. cant even give it away!
>
> where are all you taller aspirant fixers/SSers???

When you find a short one in the hard rubbish let me know. Can't see it
happening.

DaveB

flyingdutch wrote:
> Found a useable road frame in Box Hill on Saturday (hard rubbish time)
> Its 56cm c-c (seatpost) x 55cm c-c (toptube)
> It aint my size so your win...
> Steel (nothing special but a great SS/fixer candidate)
> and best of all it will go fast cos its red!
>
> got all kinds of brackets for cables which could be removed to keep it
> 'clean' and eyelets for rear panniers if that's your bag.
> Also has long horizontal dropouts
>
> see it here: http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/frame_01.jpg

Hmm.. red tourer.. ?
It's my size :)

hippy
"Nooo! NO new bikes!! Not even old bikes!! Arrr!"

flyingdutch said:
jeez. cant even give it away!

where are all you taller aspirant fixers/SSers???

I put in an early claim directly claim on it through the cyclingforums Private message thing yesterday.

Still interested if it's up for grabs.

Shabby said:
I put in an early claim directly claim on it through the cyclingforums Private message thing yesterday.

Still interested if it's up for grabs.

sorry Shab. i am a tad slack checkin the private message thing.

All your's

jason 'at' jsa dot com dot au

drop me a line and we can do the goods