Also free to good home: frame for 'fixing'

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by flyingdutch, Feb 27, 2005.

  1. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    Found a useable road frame in Box Hill on Saturday (hard rubbish time)

    Its 56cm c-c (seatpost) x 55cm c-c (toptube)
    It aint my size so your win...
    Steel (nothing special but a great SS/fixer candidate)
    and best of all it will go fast cos its red!

    got all kinds of brackets for cables which could be removed to keep it 'clean' and eyelets for rear panniers if that's your bag.
    Also has long horizontal dropouts

    see it here: http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/frame_01.jpg

    if by chance you have a 54/55cm frame lying about we could swap or somethin as i am missing a SS in my collection (the mtb SS project is sitting on the windtrainer at the mo, Koon )

    Tags:

  2. HUMBUG

    HUMBUG Guest

    flyingdutch wrote:

    > Found a useable road frame in Box Hill on Saturday (hard rubbish time)
    >
    > Its 56cm c-c (seatpost) x 55cm c-c (toptube)
    > It aint my size so your win...
    > Steel (nothing special but a great SS/fixer candidate)
    > and best of all it will go fast cos its red!

    Fast ??? It'll go like the absolute clappers - it's REALLY red...:)

    --
    HUMBUG

  3. Resound

    Resound Guest

    "HUMBUG" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > flyingdutch wrote:
    >

    > > Found a useable road frame in Box Hill on Saturday (hard rubbish time)
    > >
    > > Its 56cm c-c (seatpost) x 55cm c-c (toptube)
    > > It aint my size so your win...
    > > Steel (nothing special but a great SS/fixer candidate)
    > > and best of all it will go fast cos its red!

    > Fast ??? It'll go like the absolute clappers - it's REALLY red...:)
    >
    > --
    > HUMBUG

    Oh, NOW there's a bike free to good home :p Oh well. The one I got had all
    the bits, so I'm not too annoyed :)

  4. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    jeez. cant even give it away!

    where are all you taller aspirant fixers/SSers???

  5. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    flyingdutch wrote:
    > flyingdutch Wrote:
    >

    >>stuff
    >>

    > jeez. cant even give it away!
    >
    > where are all you taller aspirant fixers/SSers???

    When you find a short one in the hard rubbish let me know. Can't see it
    happening.

    DaveB

  6. hippy

    hippy Guest

    flyingdutch wrote:
    > Found a useable road frame in Box Hill on Saturday (hard rubbish time)
    > Its 56cm c-c (seatpost) x 55cm c-c (toptube)
    > It aint my size so your win...
    > Steel (nothing special but a great SS/fixer candidate)
    > and best of all it will go fast cos its red!
    >
    > got all kinds of brackets for cables which could be removed to keep it
    > 'clean' and eyelets for rear panniers if that's your bag.
    > Also has long horizontal dropouts
    >
    > see it here: http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/frame_01.jpg

    Hmm.. red tourer.. ?
    It's my size :)

    hippy
    "Nooo! NO new bikes!! Not even old bikes!! Arrr!"

  7. Shabby

    Shabby New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2003
    I put in an early claim directly claim on it through the cyclingforums Private message thing yesterday.

    Still interested if it's up for grabs.

  8. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    sorry Shab. i am a tad slack checkin the private message thing.

    All your's

    jason 'at' jsa dot com dot au

    drop me a line and we can do the goods