Alternative cancer drugs

Alexander

Guest
who knows which alternative cancer drugs really help, when and when not, where I can get them, I
just need informations about this, who has experience, good or bad. Thanks!

"Alexander" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> who knows which alternative cancer drugs really help, when and when not, where I can get them, I
> just need informations about this, who has experience, good or bad. Thanks!
I have 15 years experience working with cancer patients and I have not met one yet who was cured
with alternative medicine but all were much poorer and most bitter for the experience.

MIKE

"Mike Radcliffe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Alexander" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > who knows which alternative cancer drugs really help, when and when not, where I can get them, I
> > just need informations about this, who has experience, good or bad. Thanks!
> I have 15 years experience working with cancer patients and I have not met one yet who was cured
> with alternative medicine but all were much poorer
and
> most bitter for the experience.

My experience over double that time (as a surgeon) is similar. I recently spoke to the local
oncologist who for many years has been documenting his patient's use of alternatives, and his
experience is the same.

Yet I don't blame desperate patients for trying literally anything that might help.

Those I do despise are those who are totally ignorant about the realities of cancer and its
treatment, but still like to make sure that cancer quacks get all the promotion they need, even for
ridiculous or completely disproved treatments.

I can (mostly) understand the quacks themselves. I know how they can be misled by the quirks of
medical practice. I can even comprehend the vicious exploitation of cancer patients by those who are
frankly fraudulent. What I can't understand is those who staunchly support them with no direct or
certain knowledge where the truth lies or even the wherewithal to know the truth if they found it.

Many clearly do it as part of the ancient sport of doctor-bashing, but the interests of cancer
patients are far too serious for such insincerities.

Peter Moran

In article <[email protected]>,
"Mike Radcliffe" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Alexander" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > who knows which alternative cancer drugs really help, when and when not, where I can get them, I
> > just need informations about this, who has experience, good or bad. Thanks!
> I have 15 years experience working with cancer patients and I have not met one yet who was cured
> with alternative medicine but all were much poorer and most bitter for the experience.

I would agree, with one exception. Some patients who understood that they weren't going to be
"cured" or even have their tumor's progress slowed, but were merely looking for various things to
help them feel better occasionally report that various herbs help them feel better. Placebo effect?
Who knows? But patients who understand going in that these alt-med therapies aren't going to cure
them are generally not bitter about their experience.

|"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you inconvenience me with questions?"

> > I have 15 years experience working with cancer patients and I have not
met
> > one yet who was cured with alternative medicine but all were much poorer
and
> > most bitter for the experience.
>
> I would agree, with one exception. Some patients who understood that they weren't going to be
> "cured" or even have their tumor's progress slowed, but were merely looking for various things to
> help them feel better occasionally report that various herbs help them feel better. Placebo
> effect? Who knows? But patients who understand going in that these alt-med therapies aren't going
> to cure them are generally not bitter about their experience.

There are many adjuvant therapies thet can make cancer sufferers feel much better whether placebo
effect or not and I do tell my patients 'whatever makes you feel better go for it' but don't break
the bank in the process'. If it's very expensive it's almost certainly a swindle and should be
exposed as such. MIKE "

>Subject: Alternative cancer drugs
>From: [email protected] (Alexander)
>Date: 3/3/2004 1:11 PM Mountain Standard Time
>
>who knows which alternative cancer drugs really help, when and when not, where I can get them, I
>just need informations about this, who has experience, good or bad. Thanks!

Just do a search of the words 'phytic acid' and up will come the studies you need.

Who loves ya. Tom

Jesus Was A Vegetarian! http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com Man Is A Herbivore!
http://pages.ivillage.com/ironjustice/manisaherbivore DEAD PEOPLE WALKING