Alternative Medicine for carpel tunnel

Piedmontbiz

Guest
Anyone aware of any alternative treatments for carpel tunnel?
I have tried the B6 route: no improvement.

A doctor gave me a medrol dospak. Wonderful. I can't live on steroids however.

Any suggestions?

Allen

Wb

Guest
On 13 Feb 2004 23:31:01 GMT, [email protected] (PiedmontBiz) wrote:

>Anyone aware of any alternative treatments for carpel tunnel? I have tried the B6 route: no
>improvement.
>
>A doctor gave me a medrol dospak. Wonderful. I can't live on steroids however.
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>Allen

There are some stretching exercises and preventative measures that can be taken. Stopping the
causative motion for a while is necessary.

Sail-boarders commonly suffer from this condition in the extreme. Search for the exercises
there first.

Rolling golf balls in your palms against the floor is helpful as well as stretching the
anterior ligaments of the forearm by bending the hand backward (dorsal) using the other hand.
Gently of course.

For acute episodes anti-inflammatory agents as well as cold packs are recommended.

Many musicians are also afflicted, you may try searching for excercises amongst those type of sites.

WB

--

"I can dance on the head of a pin as well"
-Yoshimo