Alternative to AOL, Pls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Netscape allows filters on anything in the header. Click on "Edit" on the menu bar then "Message
Filters" then go your hardest. I have filters that dump the TROLLs into a SPAM bucket. Some of them
are set for the User's name, some his/her email address or part thereof (There's a "Contains"
construct) etc., etc.

Ian

"David L. Johnson" wrote:
>
> On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 09:28:31 -0500, Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
>
> > JDacey-<< I am truly excited for what the future will bring if your posting to date has somehow
> > been curtailed by your current connection.
> >
> > Thanks for the such kind words...sounds like you are looking forward to my future posts...now
> > how do aI screen NG posts from specific people???
>
> This depends on the newsreader. The one I use, Pan, makes it very easy -- and of course the trolls
> fight back with fake names, but.... Netscape doesn't seem to allow it at all. Check around. There
> are lots of newsreaders out there, depending on your OS.
>
> --
>
> David L. Johnson
>
> __o | Some people used to claim that, if enough monkeys sat in front _`\(,_ | of enough
> typewriters and typed long enough, eventually one of (_)/ (_) | them would reproduce the
> collected works of Shakespeare. The internet has proven this not to be the case.

--

I liked Earthlink.

"Qui si parla Campagnolo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Had it with AOL, can anybody name an alternative with easy newsgroup
access?
>
> Looking at Earthlink-
>
> TIA-
>
> Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
> (303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
> The Gravity newsreader has a "bozo bin" which will filter out all future messages from a given
> poster with one click.
>
> Regards Chris
>

I'll second that emotion as far as the Gravity newsreader goes. Quite nice, indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.