Alternative to mtbr?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Bomba, Feb 7, 2003.

  1. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Bikemagic.com is a British site that has a review section in much a similar style to mtbr. There are
    a couple of differences though. Firstly, the website seems to have a target more akin to that of
    a.m-b. Secondly, they give out prizes each week for those who have given good reviews. In BM's
    word's, "you'll not win with any old this is 'wickid/[email protected]' nonsense." There is some of that about,
    but it's mainly reserved for the adult-bmx bits.

    There aren't a huge amount of reviews at the mo', but it's looking quite good. Hopefully, they can
    maintain the decent reviews and it will be a useful resource.

    http://www.bikemagic.com/review/review.asp?1&sp=&v=1

  2. bomba wrote:
    > Bikemagic.com is a British site that has a review section in much a similar style to mtbr. There
    > are a couple of differences though. Firstly, the website seems to have a target more akin to that
    > of a.m-b. Secondly, they give out prizes each week for those who have given good reviews.

    we have a local board called bustedspoke.com which is quite similar.

  3. Pete F says:

    >What is "a target more akin to that of amb"?

    They don't let Rimmer in there? ;-)

  4. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote:

    > | Firstly, the website seems to have a target more akin to that of a.m-b.
    >
    > What is "a target more akin to that of amb"?

    Ok, badly phrased, but I meant the contributors to both generally aren't testosterone-fueled,
    illiterate jump/shuttle monkeys who call everybody 'dude'.

  5. "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    | P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote:
    |
    | > | Firstly, the website seems to have a target more akin to that of
    a.m-b.

    | > What is "a target more akin to that of amb"?
    |
    | Ok, badly phrased, but I meant the contributors to both generally aren't testosterone-fueled,
    | illiterate jump/shuttle monkeys who call everybody 'dude'.

    Sorry. That still doesn't make sense.

  6. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 16:33:45 +0100, bomba <[email protected]> wrote:

    >In BM's word's, "you'll not win with any old this is 'wickid/[email protected]' nonsense." There is some of that
    >about, but it's mainly reserved for the adult-bmx bits.

    Wise guy aren't cha....adult-bmx....why I ought a!...

    peeeeesssssssssssssss, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector,
    that is, the mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
    :-]

  7. Spider

    Spider Guest

    "Pete Fagerlin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > a.m-b.
    > | >
    > | > What is "a target more akin to that of amb"?
    > |
    > | Ok, badly phrased, but I meant the contributors to both generally aren't testosterone-fueled,
    > | illiterate jump/shuttle monkeys who call everybody 'dude'.
    >
    > Sorry. That still doesn't make sense.

    You forgot the all-important qualifier "to me" at the end of your sentence.

    To those of us with functional brain cells it made plenty of sense.

    Spider "if the shoe fits..."

  8. "Spider" <beelzebubba[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    | "Pete Fagerlin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    | > "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    | > news:[email protected]...
    | > | P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote:
    | > |
    | > a.m-b.

    | > |
    | > | Ok, badly phrased, but I meant the contributors to both generally
    aren't
    | > | testosterone-fueled, illiterate jump/shuttle monkeys who call
    everybody
    | > | 'dude'.
    | >
    | > Sorry. That still doesn't make sense.
    |
    | You forgot the all-important qualifier "to me" at the end of your
    sentence.

    | To those of us with functional brain cells it made plenty of sense.
    |
    | Spider "if the shoe fits..."

    Hmmm...I wonder how many folks you, or bomba, have met from MTBR?

    It still doesn't make sense.

    --
    Pete Fagerlin

    Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm

  9. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Stephen Baker <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Pete F says:
    >
    > >What is "a target more akin to that of amb"?
    >
    > They don't let Rimmer in there? ;-)

    Bazturd.

    Shaun aRe

  10. Spider

    Spider Guest

    "Pete Fagerlin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Spider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > | "Pete Fagerlin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > | > "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > | > news:[email protected]...
    > | > |
    > a.m-b.

    > | > |
    > aren't
    > everybody
    > | >
    > | > Sorry. That still doesn't make sense.
    > |
    > | You forgot the all-important qualifier "to me" at the end of your
    > sentence.
    > |
    > | To those of us with functional brain cells it made plenty of sense.
    > |
    > | Spider "if the shoe fits..."
    >
    > Hmmm...I wonder how many folks you, or bomba, have met from MTBR?

    Oooo, an impressive non sequitur. Very nicely done.

    > It still doesn't make sense.

    To you, Pete, to you.

    Spider

  11. "Spider" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    <snip>

    | > It still doesn't make sense.
    |
    | To you, Pete, to you.

    The funniest thing about this discussion is that the person who claimed to know what MTBR posters
    are like, doesn't read it.

    Classic AMB.

  12. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Pete Fagerlin wrote:

    > | > It still doesn't make sense.
    > |
    > | To you, Pete, to you.
    >
    > The funniest thing about this discussion is that the person who claimed to know what MTBR posters
    > are like, doesn't read it.

    I've read it on occasions - there's good stuff, but there's a lot of crap stuff. I don't read it
    regularly, so if I've made an erroneous generalisation and there are no longer large numbers of
    teenagers with spelling and shift key problems, I'll retract my comments.

    > Classic AMB.

    Ah, without large generalisations and your pedantry, things just wouldn't be the same :~)

  13. Spider

    Spider Guest

    "Pete Fagerlin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Spider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > | > It still doesn't make sense.
    > |
    > | To you, Pete, to you.
    >
    > The funniest thing about this discussion is that the person who claimed to know what MTBR posters
    > are like, doesn't read it.

    No, the funniest thing about this thread is you saying "it still doesn't make sense" when it
    actually DOES make sense, and has from the beginning (except to you.) But it's a nice diversionary
    attempt on your part.

    > Classic AMB.

    Classic Fagerlin.

    Spider

  14. "Spider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    | "Pete Fagerlin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    | > "Spider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    | >
    | > <snip>

    | > |
    | > | To you, Pete, to you.
    | >
    | > The funniest thing about this discussion is that the person who claimed
    | > know what MTBR posters are like, doesn't read it.
    |
    | No, the funniest thing about this thread is you saying "it still doesn't make sense" when it
    | actually DOES make sense, and has from the beginning (except to you.)

    Yeah, it "makes sense," to folks who admit they don't even read MTBR. Yeah, perfect sense.

    But it's a nice diversionary attempt on
    | your part.

    Nope. No diversion. Just facts. Just commenting from experience, unlike others.

    | > Classic AMB.
    |
    | Classic Fagerlin.

    Yup. The truth, as opposed to silly generalizations based upon...no experience.

    --
    Pete Fagerlin

    Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm

  15. Spider

    Spider Guest

    "Pete Fagerlin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Spider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > | "Pete Fagerlin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > | > "Spider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > | >
    > | > <snip>

    > | > |

    > | > The funniest thing about this discussion is that the person who claimed
    > | > know what MTBR posters are like, doesn't read it.
    > |
    > | No, the funniest thing about this thread is you saying "it still doesn't make sense" when it
    > | actually DOES make sense, and has from the beginning (except to you.)
    >
    > Yeah, it "makes sense," to folks who admit they don't even read MTBR. Yeah, perfect sense.

    Clue: Define the difference between "I don't read it regularly," "I don't read it" and "I have read
    it in the past, but don't bother any more."

    Ding! We have a pedantic winner!

    > But it's a nice diversionary attempt on
    > | your part.
    >
    > Nope.

    Uhh, yup.

    > No diversion.

    LOL!

    > Just facts.

    Yeah, "facts." Spin some more, please...

    > Just commenting from experience, unlike others.

    Ahhh, yes. The "superiority play." More classic Fagerlin.

    > | > Classic AMB.
    > |
    > | Classic Fagerlin.
    >
    > Yup. The truth, as opposed to silly generalizations based upon...no experience.

    Ooops, now who made an unsubstantiated generalization? LOL! "The truth" - you are too funny.

    Spider