Alternatives to Campagnolo-chain

mickeord

Aug 6, 2003
Hi!
I have a Pinarello 4:13 from 2006 (bought in spring 2007). I have to change chain, and I wonder if there are any chains from other manufacturers that are compatible.
Best wishes from Michael in Sweden

mickeord said:
Hi!
I have a Pinarello 4:13 from 2006 (bought in spring 2007). I have to change chain, and I wonder if there are any chains from other manufacturers that are compatible.

Yeah, there are. Any 10 speed chain will work. Campy chains, though, are damned durable chains, very nice chains.

Campagnolo would probably be a good bet. If you are on a budget you do not need to get the Record chain, get a Chorus or Veloce or whatever. I have noticed no difference at all in performance.

Many here also quite like the KMC gold chains. I tried one and went back to Campagnolo.

mickeord said:
Hi!

Assuming it's 10s..all '10s' chains are 5.9mm and all are intercompatible with all 10s 'systems'.

alienator said:
Yeah, there are. Any 10 speed chain will work. Campy chains, though, are damned durable chains, very nice chains.

Agree. Altho the most expensive, they do seem to work the best, quietest, most durable. Veloce is identical to Record and Chorus. Just no hollow pins and holes in the plates.