Alternatives to Softride Powerstem

Michael Tissington wrote:
> I don't want to use a suspension fork.
> What are the alternatives to using a Softride PowerStem ?

Bend your elbows?
Phil Brown

"Michael Tissington" <[email protected]> wrote in news:12270pqh7fcmle9
@corp.supernews.com:

> I don't want to use a suspension fork.
> What are the alternatives to using a Softride PowerStem ?

Not much. There used to be a high end version of the the Softride stem made
by J P Morgan. I don't know if those are still made. I also used to have a
flex stem, but would not recommend that because it's only single pivot;
also no longer made.

Other than stem and fork suspension, you can run really fat tires at low
pressure.

--
Mike DeMicco <[email protected]>

Thanks - doesn't sound like its a good idea to be so limited, might have to
settle for a regular stem.

--
Michael Tissington
http://www.oaklodge.com