Alternatives to Wipperman Connex Link?

juanitoathome

Mar 7, 2008
I like that these allow me to change chains without buying a new one each time, BUT, the side plate is so wide that it touches the cassette body on the 11 and even a little bit on the 12. Has anyone had experience with the superlink or another alternative that might not have this issue?

I go back and forth between compact and normal cranks during the race season, depending on the event, and it generally requires a chain length change to work well.

juanitoathome said:
I like that these allow me to change chains without buying a new one each time, BUT, the side plate is so wide that it touches the cassette body on the 11 and even a little bit on the 12. Has anyone had experience with the superlink or another alternative that might not have this issue?

I go back and forth between compact and normal cranks during the race season, depending on the event, and it generally requires a chain length change to work well.

The Wipperman has an 'up' and a 'down' The gradual arc portion toward the cogset. If it's upside down, it will skip on an 11t.