Altimeter Cyclocomputer recommendations

Be careful with the Specialized Turbo Pro. Mine did not latch very firmly and I lost it riding the towpaths along the Canal du Midi in France. Most of the towpaths are in rough shape: occasional large rocks and tree roots, clumps of grass, mud holes, etc. My Turbo Pro disappeared somewhere, apparently bounced out by the vibration. I made sure the replacement (a Vetta) snapped in firmly.

Incidentally I found the inclinometer only marginally useful and could never be bothered to fuss with the altimeter.

Harvey the White Rabbit

mdplayer said:
to be completely honest, that cord is worst design I have ever seen. I work for a shop and we have sent probably about 20 cords back. They are aweful. My shop has actually sent the entire computer stock that we had back to specialized because of how flimsy they are. good luck to anyone out there who has one and if considering buying one, I would heavily suggest againts it.

mdplayer, is there anyway to contact Specialized directly, as I'd be interested in getting some feedback from them?
I've already emailed the online vendor and they have passed my mail on to their supplier, so I'll see what happens with that.

Am in the market to buy a bike computer (attachable to handle-bars) and, because I do a lot of uphill/downhill riding thought an altimeter with inclinometer would be a great option. However, there is a paucity of info on which brand/model is actually best since it seems most have good positives but also bad negatives. I would prefer wireless and also cadence but if it doesn't have cadence then it isn't a big deal.

So far, I looked at:

-Vetta V100A
-Specialized 05 Turbo Pro (sold out and unknown when 06's will be in stock)
-Ciclosport CM414 & Ciclosport CM343 (heard these were a bit bulky)
-Cateye AT100 (old model - this isn't listed on the cateye.com website anymore)
-VDO MC 1.0+ (hardly any info on this and no cadence option)

Anyone have any advice as far as the above or any other computers I should be looking into? Price isn't really that important, but I do want it to be reliable and well-made.

Thanks!

Tonto said:
mdplayer, is there anyway to contact Specialized directly, as I'd be interested in getting some feedback from them?

When I misplaced the manual for my Specialized Turbo Pro, I tired to find a copy of it on their Web site. When I couldn't, I sent an email asking for help and got back a PDF of the manual. Very impressed!

Harvey the White Rabbit