Altitude chamber - elite marathoners

Bigsky

Guest
Although Radcliffe's 2:15 marathon time has been discussed to death, one point that has not been
made is the altitude chambers that many elite atheletes are now using. Both Kalid Khannouchi and
Paula Radcliffe (both WR marathoners) sleep in chambers at the equivalent of 10,000 feet elevation.
Alberto Salazar has a full home set up this way where select runners live (I belive this is a Nike
sponsored project). Almost certainly this is a factor in their world record times.

You can get your own for about $15,0000. http://www.altitudetraining.com/

David Forbes wrote:

> Absolutely!! Vegemite is Satan's food. Marmite, on the other hand, was freely available in the
> Garden of Eden. I believe there are some extremely toxic metabolites produced when one ingests
> vegemite and Fosters as part of the same meal.

I'd would guess some malodorous, fetid, funky, noisome, olid, putrid, rancid, rank, reeking,
stinking, smelly flatulence. Am I close? ;)

--
Caveat Lector "the further you go outside, the further you go inside" - B. McKibben Doug Freese
[email protected]

Doug Freese wrote:

> David Forbes wrote:
>
> > Absolutely!! Vegemite is Satan's food. Marmite, on the other hand, was freely available in the
> > Garden of Eden. I believe there are some extremely toxic metabolites produced when one ingests
> > vegemite and Fosters as part of the same meal.
>
> I'd would guess some malodorous, fetid, funky, noisome, olid, putrid, rancid, rank, reeking,
> stinking, smelly flatulence. Am I close? ;)

Let's just say this is an easy way to separate the locals from the visitors when downunder ;) They
can also follow upside down directions ;)

Dot