Altura Bicycle Pannier Clips

jkd

Oct 23, 2003
I'm hoping someone can help me with sourcing replacement rack clips for my Altura pannier bags, as I can't find Altura anywhere on the internet.

I was involved in a small accident the other week (car door opening without the driver looking), the result of which was that He broke the clip on my rear Altura Panniers that attach it to the rack.

I've talked to all of the bike shops where I live (I'm in Tasmania, Australia) and they tell me they can't help me, so I've been trying to source a replacement clip from Britain over the interent with no luck.

I bought the rear pannier bags (I think they're 50 litre) back when I was over there in 1998. The clip is the bit that attaches the top of the bag to the rear rack. It's black, plastic, about 75cm top to bottom, and 25 mm across. It attaches to the bag with a single screw and attaches to the rack with a blue rotating clip.

Does anyone know how to get in contact with Altura, or any bike shops in Britain that would be able to supply such gear overseas?

Appreciate any assistance.

I'm in exactly the same situation, but based in the UK. I'm going to get a couple of my really good local bike shops to look into it for me as they are Altura dealers. Any news and I'll let you know!

• Bike Doctor, Dickinson Road, Manchester - where I bought my Alturas, are a pretty laid back bunch, run the shop as a co-operative
    Rick Green Cycles, Handforth, Cheshire - Rick and Paul are good fellas and if it can be found they'll find it
    Harry Hall Cycles, Manchester - bigger, more commercial outlet.

All the above can be contacted via 'emither' and t'internet...

Cheers

Chris

Originally posted by jkd
I'm hoping someone can help me with sourcing replacement rack clips for my Altura pannier bags, as I can't find Altura anywhere on the internet...Appreciate any assistance.

Originally posted by jkd
I'm hoping someone can help me with sourcing replacement rack clips for my Altura pannier bags, as I can't find Altura anywhere on the internet.
The clips themselves are made by Rixen Kaul. You may have more luck if you use this as a search term. e.g. here The fasteners are used on other cycling products.

SteveC