Aluminium 7005 frame

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Slime, Mar 12, 2004.

  1. Slime

    Slime Guest

    Tags:

  2. hippy

    hippy New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2003
    Messages:
    1,806
    Personally, I have no idea, but I wouldn't buy a cheap
    frame (any frame really) without riding it to some
    extent first.

    You might want to ask in the XC forum of:
    www.farkin.net
    an aussie mtb site (geared mostly to DH, 4X and DJ
    with a little bit of XC).

    I don't like the idea of buying a bike frame from a
    site called auctionworks.com - doesn't sounds very
    bike specific does it?

    Also, are those prices in USD? Do they ship to Oz?

    hth
    hippy

  3. Drs

    Drs Guest

    Slime <[email protected]> wrote in message
    [email protected]
    > What is this type of frame? I saw it at

    http://wwwc2.auctionworks.com/storefrontprofiles/DeluxeSFIt-
    emDetail.aspx?sid=200402261730000000000010312481&sfid=10096-
    1&c=40000717&i=52604957

    > How would it compare to say, a Giant Fluid Formed 6033
    > ALUXX SL Aluminium XC frame?

    6000 series frames are made from an aluminium, magnesium and
    silicon alloy whilst 7000 series frames are made from
    aluminium and zinc alloys. However, each manufacturer is
    responsible for the frame design, so the numbers themselves
    don't tell you much. For example, it would be too hard to
    compare my Merida (Shogun) 7005 frame to that one just on
    spec, much less against a 6000 series frame from a different
    manufacturer.

    --

    "I'm proud that I live in a country where witnessing two
    hours of bloody, barbarous torture in gloating detail is

  4. Bob Byrne

    Bob Byrne Guest

    DRS <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Slime <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> What is this type of frame? I saw it at

    http://wwwc2.auctionworks.com/storefrontprofiles/DeluxeSFIt-
    emDetail.aspx?sid=200402261730000000000010312481&sfid=10096-
    1&c=40000717&i=52604957

    >> How would it compare to say, a Giant Fluid Formed 6033
    >> ALUXX SL Aluminium XC frame?

    > 6000 series frames are made from an aluminium, magnesium
    > and silicon alloy whilst 7000 series frames are made from
    > aluminium and zinc alloys. However, each manufacturer is
    > responsible for the frame design, so the numbers
    > themselves don't tell you much. .......

    My Avanti Barracuda has a Kinesis Mega Max 7005 frame. I
    can't make comparisons and not qualified anyway but I don't
    have any complaints. That (auctionworks) frame suits a $600
    bike they say and my bike was about $1100 so I suspect there
    is a good deal of difference.

    --
    Regards, Bob

  5. Cipher