Aluminium bike repair shop needed.

michaeltop

Jan 19, 2006
I have a 2003 Pinarello that needs a new seat stay thanks to the airlines, the problem is finding a repair shop in the USA that can do it. Hopefully someone knows of a welder that is still in business.

many thanks,
michael

michaeltop said:
I have a 2003 Pinarello that needs a new seat stay thanks to the airlines, the problem is finding a repair shop in the USA that can do it. Hopefully someone knows of a welder that is still in business.

many thanks,
michael

Try George at Sloughs Bikes in San Jose. He carries Pinarello and he likes fixing things so he may know of someone good.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/sloughs-bike-shoppe-san-jose

michaeltop said:

many thanks,
michael

Investigate repairing aluminum bike frames. Heat treatment is compromised and the repair may not last long.

Peter@vecchios said:
Investigate repairing aluminum bike frames. Heat treatment is compromised and the repair may not last long.
i am looking to replace the seat stay and maybe the chain stay not patch a break,
this is sort of a cost is no object type of mission, it's my bike , i like it and i want it fixed.
there must be one craftsman out there.