Aluminum bike w/ Carbon seat stays and fork SUGGESTIONS

Ydm9

Guest
Looking for the lowest (relatively speaking) level of bike
with an aluminum frame that has carbon seat stays and carbon
forks. I see that Trek has the 2100 with this setup. Any
other brands/models appreciated.

ydm9 wrote:
> Looking for the lowest (relatively speaking) level of bike
> with an aluminum frame that has carbon seat stays and
> carbon forks. I see that Trek has the 2100 with this
> setup. Any other brands/models appreciated.

You might be able to find an '03 Klein Q-carbon still
around. Listed for maybe $1100 (?), so maybe in $750-800
range? (The 2004 models changed names somewhat, but same
basic ideas.)

Bill "happy with my Q-carbon Team" S.

"ydm9" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Looking for the lowest (relatively speaking) level of bike
> with an aluminum frame that has carbon seat stays and
> carbon forks. I see that Trek has the 2100 with this
> setup. Any other brands/models appreciated.

Check out excelsports.com and see if they still have any of
the K2 Mod5 frames on closeout ... frame, fork and stem only
$700 and it's an awesome frame. I built mine up with a bunch
of old spare parts and I love it WAY more than my Trek 5500!

Bob C.

The 04 Specialized Sequoia I believe has the carbon
seatstays and fork. There are two or three levels of this
bike available. Charlie

In article
<[email protected]>, cbike_
[email protected] says...
> The 04 Specialized Sequoia I believe has the carbon
> seatstays and fork. There are two or three levels of this
> bike available.

The higher levels of this bike have carbon forks, but I
didn't think they had carbon seat stays.

--
Remove the ns_ from if replying by e-mail (but keep posts in
the newsgroups if possible).

I know of the Iron horse Victory and Intrepid '03 and '04
(www.ironhorsebikes.com), and performancebike is selling the
'04 Tirreno Razza 1000.

I see '03 Intrepids at
http://www.bicycleblowout.com/RoadBikes.htm for $930. The
other two are probably closer to $1200.

-Kent-

"ydm9" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Looking for the lowest (relatively speaking) level of bike
> with an aluminum frame that has carbon seat stays and
> carbon forks. I see that Trek has the 2100 with this
> setup. Any other brands/models appreciated.

The lowest level Sequoia does not have the carbon seat
stays, but from the Elite on up it does.

David Kerber <ns_dkerber@ns_ids.net> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> In article
> <[email protected]>, cbike_
> [email protected] says...
> > The 04 Specialized Sequoia I believe has the carbon
> > seatstays and fork. There are two or three levels of
> > this bike available.
>
> The higher levels of this bike have carbon forks, but I
> didn't think they had carbon seat stays.

In article
<[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> The lowest level Sequoia does not have the carbon seat
> stays, but from the Elite on up it does.

Thanks for the correction; the last time I looked in detail
at the Sequoiah's was for the 2003 models (and there were
only 3 of them back then).

[email protected] (ydm9) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Looking for the lowest (relatively speaking) level of bike
> with an aluminum frame that has carbon seat stays and
> carbon forks. I see that Trek has the 2100 with this
> setup. Any other brands/models appreciated.

The Fuji Roubaix has them both on the 04 model, about $1260
MSRP, but Performance Bikes was listing it for around $1100.
My bike shop didn't have it in yet, and I went with the '03
Roubaix for the clearance price.

On 31 Mar 2004 07:38:31 -0800, [email protected] (ydm9) wrote:

>Looking for the lowest (relatively speaking) level of bike
>with an aluminum frame that has carbon seat stays and
>carbon forks. I see that Trek has the 2100 with this setup.
>Any other brands/models appreciated.

Marin has one. As you go up their line, they go to a steel
triangle...

http://www.marinbikes.com/html/spec_04_venezia.html

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 07:38:31 -0800, ydm9 wrote:

> Looking for the lowest (relatively speaking) level of bike
> with an aluminum frame that has carbon seat stays and
> carbon forks. I see that Trek has the 2100 with this
> setup. Any other brands/models appreciated.

Devinci has four road bikes with carbon stays (all Devinci's
are aluminum).

http://devinci.com/english/roadbikes2004.html

--
Matt Hughes