aluminum campy lockring?

Ari

Guest
Where can I find an aluminum cassette lockring for campy? I know campy makes a standard steel and a
$50 titanium lockring, but SRP makes aluminum lockrings for shimano that are lighter and far
cheaper. SRP (http://www.srp-usa.com) won't answer my emails, so does anyone else have a source?

(yes I know the weight savings are insignificant, but thats not the point, cycling is my favorite
athletic activity and my bike is a hobby in itself, so save the smart ass remarks!! :)

<< Where can I find an aluminum cassette lockring for campy? I know campy makes a standard steel and
a $50 titanium lockring, but SRP makes aluminum lockrings for shimano that are lighter and far
cheaper. SRP (http://www.srp-usa.com) won't answer my emails, so does anyone else have a source?
(yes I know the weight savings are insignificant, but thats not the point, cycling is my favorite
athletic activity and my bike is a hobby in itself, so save the smart ass remarks!! :) >>

Why settle for ordinary aluminum when you can get a cool titanium lockring for only $50? Sorry-I
couldn't resist making a smart ass remark. Cycling is my favorite athletic activity as well, and my
bike is a hobby in itself, too, but that doesn't mean I have to **** money away on it. I use steel
lockrings. They last longer than aluminum, and they only cost $3.

"Mike Krueger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> << Where can I find an aluminum cassette lockring for campy? I know campy
makes
> a standard steel and a $50 titanium lockring, but SRP makes aluminum lockrings for shimano that
> are lighter and far cheaper. SRP (http://www.srp-usa.com) won't answer my emails, so does anyone
> else have
> source? (yes I know the weight savings are insignificant, but thats not the point, cycling is my
> favorite athletic activity and my bike is a hobby in itself, so save the smart ass remarks!! :) >>
>
> Cycling is my favorite athletic activity as well, and my bike is a hobby in itself, too, but that
> doesn't mean I have to **** money away on it.

the srp ones are like $7. Anyway, who am I to tell a guy into train sets that his miniature post
office replica is a waste of $50, or to tell a stamp collector that his collection is worth the face
value of his stamps. Look at what women spend on clothing, or what old retired guys spend on
restoring an old truck. At some point you just have to throw logic and reason away. A $1000 bicycle
is pretty absurd to most people.

ari-<< Where can I find an aluminum cassette lockring for campy? >><BR><BR>

Gotta ask, whatever for??

I have pulled the threads right offa a DA aluminum lockring. The aluminum one is lighter than a
steel one but the steel one sure doesn't weigh much...