aluminum campy lockring?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Ari, Jun 1, 2003.

  1. Ari

    Ari Guest

    Where can I find an aluminum cassette lockring for campy? I know campy makes a standard steel and a
    $50 titanium lockring, but SRP makes aluminum lockrings for shimano that are lighter and far
    cheaper. SRP (http://www.srp-usa.com) won't answer my emails, so does anyone else have a source?

    (yes I know the weight savings are insignificant, but thats not the point, cycling is my favorite
    athletic activity and my bike is a hobby in itself, so save the smart ass remarks!! :)

    Tags:

  2. Mike Krueger

    Mike Krueger Guest

    << Where can I find an aluminum cassette lockring for campy? I know campy makes a standard steel and
    a $50 titanium lockring, but SRP makes aluminum lockrings for shimano that are lighter and far
    cheaper. SRP (http://www.srp-usa.com) won't answer my emails, so does anyone else have a source?
    (yes I know the weight savings are insignificant, but thats not the point, cycling is my favorite
    athletic activity and my bike is a hobby in itself, so save the smart ass remarks!! :) >>

    Why settle for ordinary aluminum when you can get a cool titanium lockring for only $50? Sorry-I
    couldn't resist making a smart ass remark. Cycling is my favorite athletic activity as well, and my
    bike is a hobby in itself, too, but that doesn't mean I have to piss money away on it. I use steel
    lockrings. They last longer than aluminum, and they only cost $3.

  3. Ari

    Ari Guest

    "Mike Krueger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > << Where can I find an aluminum cassette lockring for campy? I know campy
    makes
    > a standard steel and a $50 titanium lockring, but SRP makes aluminum lockrings for shimano that
    > are lighter and far cheaper. SRP (http://www.srp-usa.com) won't answer my emails, so does anyone
    > else have
    > source? (yes I know the weight savings are insignificant, but thats not the point, cycling is my
    > favorite athletic activity and my bike is a hobby in itself, so save the smart ass remarks!! :) >>
    >
    > Cycling is my favorite athletic activity as well, and my bike is a hobby in itself, too, but that
    > doesn't mean I have to piss money away on it.

    the srp ones are like $7. Anyway, who am I to tell a guy into train sets that his miniature post
    office replica is a waste of $50, or to tell a stamp collector that his collection is worth the face
    value of his stamps. Look at what women spend on clothing, or what old retired guys spend on
    restoring an old truck. At some point you just have to throw logic and reason away. A $1000 bicycle
    is pretty absurd to most people.

  4. Lee

    Lee Guest

    "ari" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...

    > A $1000 bicycle is pretty absurd to most people.

    My wife would agree with that statement. And she doesn't really understand why I need *five*
    >$1K bikes. :)

    Lee

  5. ari-<< Where can I find an aluminum cassette lockring for campy? >><BR><BR>

    Gotta ask, whatever for??

    I have pulled the threads right offa a DA aluminum lockring. The aluminum one is lighter than a
    steel one but the steel one sure doesn't weigh much...