Aluminum M8 Bolt source?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Gary Jacobson, Sep 21, 2003.

  1. I'm looking for an aluminum metric M-8 threaded bolt about 70 mm in length. I want to use it to
    mount a light to my fork. Actually to my generator, and would hope that it would break off in a
    crash before the generator braze on would tear off and badly damage the fork.

    I guess nylon or even cheap steel would work too.

    Anyone know where to find something like this?

    Thanks.

    Gary Jacobson Rosendale, NY

    Tags:

  2. Dr. Dave

    Dr. Dave Guest

    Gary Jacobson wrote:
    > I'm looking for an aluminum metric M-8 threaded bolt about 70 mm in length. I want to use it to
    > mount a light to my fork. Actually to my generator, and would hope that it would break off in a
    > crash before the generator braze on would tear off and badly damage the fork.
    >
    > I guess nylon or even cheap steel would work too.
    >
    > Anyone know where to find something like this?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Gary Jacobson Rosendale, NY

    You might try

    http://www.mcmaster.com/

  3. Phil Brown

    Phil Brown Guest

    >I'm looking for an aluminum metric M-8 threaded bolt about 70 mm in length. I want to use it to
    >mount a light to my fork. I guess nylon or even cheap steel would work too.
    >
    >Anyone know where to find something like this?
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >Gary Jacobson Rosendale, NY

    Many hardware stores sell nylon and your local hot motorcycle shop has lots of aluminium bolts.
    Phil Brown

  4. Pastor Eyesd

    Pastor Eyesd Guest

    Phil Brown wrote:

    > >I'm looking for an aluminum metric M-8 threaded bolt about 70 mm in length. I want to use it to
    > >mount a light to my fork. I guess nylon or even cheap steel would work too.
    > >
    > >Anyone know where to find something like this?
    > >
    > >Thanks.
    > >
    > >Gary Jacobson Rosendale, NY

    You could use any old bolt and put a "fuse" sawcut in it so it will snap off.