AM-B Poetry Contest Annoucement

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John Morgan

I propose we hold a poetry contest, for those of who you like to think you are gifted with literary
talent. The rules are as follows:

-Submissions will begin on Sunday, September 21. Post to the Official Poetry Contest thread made
that day (not this thread). -One poem may be submitted per person. -Must be original. In other
words, no plagiarizing! -Must be on topic, of course... culture, lifestyle, ode to your bike, etc,
etc. -Poems posted after September 23 will not be judged. -Winner to receive a prize, TBA.

This gives you a few days to think about it and get something written down. The poems can be funny
or serious, whatever your style dictates.

Contact me if you have interest in being a judge. After all, I can't do it alone! Let the creative
juices begin to flow!

-John Morgan

PS - Ideas for prizes? (within reason... I work part time at a bike shop, hehe)
--
"I tried lube, careful prying, careful digging and even not so careful digging. Little chunks of
rubber." --Sad Bob

John Morgan scrawled in bright red lipstick:
> I propose we hold a poetry contest, for those of who you like to think you are gifted with
> literary talent. The rules are as follows:
>
> -Submissions will begin on Sunday, September 21. Post to the Official Poetry Contest thread made
> that day (not this thread). -One poem may be submitted per person. -Must be original. In other
> words, no plagiarizing! -Must be on topic, of course... culture, lifestyle, ode to your bike, etc,
> etc. -Poems posted after September 23 will not be judged. -Winner to receive a prize, TBA.
>
> This gives you a few days to think about it and get something written down. The poems can be funny
> or serious, whatever your style dictates.
>
> Contact me if you have interest in being a judge. After all, I can't do it alone! Let the creative
> juices begin to flow!
>
> -John Morgan
>
> PS - Ideas for prizes? (within reason... I work part time at a bike shop, hehe)

two categories at least:

Haiku and limericks. Didn't we do haiku a few years ago?

penny

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 23:10:28 -0700, John Morgan wrote:

> -Winner to receive a prize, TBA.

So there's still hope for that free handjob.

--
-BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)

BB scrawled in bright red lipstick:
> On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 23:10:28 -0700, John Morgan wrote:
>
>> -Winner to receive a prize, TBA.
>
> So there's still hope for that free handjob.

I'm working on my entries, but I'll waive that particular prize.

Penny

BB wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 23:10:28 -0700, John Morgan wrote:
>
>>-Winner to receive a prize, TBA.
>
> So there's still hope for that free handjob.

Yeah, but I'd feel kind of weird (although strangely aroused) getting that particular prize
off John...

"Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> BB scrawled in bright red lipstick:
> > On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 23:10:28 -0700, John Morgan wrote:
> >
> >> -Winner to receive a prize, TBA.
> >
> > So there's still hope for that free handjob.
>
> I'm working on my entries, but I'll waive that particular prize.
>
> Penny

Don't do that, just trade it for bike stuff. I am sure there are many gentlemen in here that would
gladly trade a nice set of wheels or drivetrain parts for an average handjob.

:)

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

> I propose we hold a poetry contest, for those of who you like to think you are gifted with
> literary talent. The rules are as follows:
>
> -Submissions will begin on Sunday, September 21. Post to the Official Poetry Contest thread made
> that day (not this thread). -One poem may be submitted per person.

only one?

ok, that was to get you all inspired.

Penny

> -Must be original. In other words, no plagiarizing! -Must be on topic, of course... culture,
> lifestyle, ode to your bike, etc, etc. -Poems posted after September 23 will not be judged.
> -Winner to receive a prize, TBA.

Let's get this thing rolling.

limericks category

The newbies at AMB try to make sense of the posting outcry Is it humor or truth the rantings of
youth or maybe it's all a big lie

So what is an AMB flame? Does it hurt, is it truth, is it lame? it might be a poke or it may be a
joke or a serious chance to defame.

Bill Wheeler is singlespeed crazed most of us think he is dazed the single speed kind have a single
track mind we hope it is only a phase.

> >>-Winner to receive a prize, TBA.
> >
> > So there's still hope for that free handjob.
>
> Yeah, but I'd feel kind of weird (although strangely aroused) getting that particular prize
> off John...

I am just THAT good bomba command. But unfortunately, I don't think your prize would ever make it
past those blasted UK customs officers... =P

Any other ideas?

-John Morgan
--
"I tried lube, careful prying, careful digging and even not so careful digging. Little chunks of
rubber." --Sad Bob

> Let's get this thing rolling.
>
<snip limerick>

Great poem, Penny. You didn't read anything past the subject line of my OP did you?

You've been gone a few days, but Reading Is (still) Fundemental. =)

If you want that poem to be The One that is judged, just post it in the Official Poetry Contest
thread that will appear this Sunday. I figure giving notice before the contest starts will let
people refine their work a little bit.

Any thoughts on what the prize should be?

-John Morgan
--
rubber." --Sad Bob

>> Let's get this thing rolling.
>>
> <snip limerick>
>
> Great poem, Penny. You didn't read anything past the subject line of my OP did you?
>
> You've been gone a few days, but Reading Is (still) Fundemental. =)
>
> If you want that poem to be The One that is judged, just post it in the Official Poetry Contest
> thread that will appear this Sunday. I figure giving notice before the contest starts will let
> people refine their work a little bit.
>
> Any thoughts on what the prize should be?
>
> -John Morgan

no but I guess I better look up the whole thread.

Penny

"Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> > Any thoughts on what the prize should be?
> >
> > -John Morgan
>
> no but I guess I better look up the whole thread.

Jumping the gun, eh? Here's one at ya, also in the limerick category:

There once was a girl named Penny whose genius and talents were many as a skier and biker there were
few that were like her but her ear for verse was quite tinny

;-)

Penny says:

>ok, that was to get you all inspired.
>

Too late! Teach ya to read posts....

But you can always brush it up a little, like beyond all recognition - we'll believe you. ;-)

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.