AM-B USA (more pics)

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jd, Feb 25, 2003.

  1. Jd

    Jd Guest

    Barend, the posterboy for any antidrug campaign:

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/022203002.jpg

    Infamous Bryce before he hacked his leg up:

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/022203004.jpg

    El Tigre:

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/022203005.jpg

    GT, being "old and slow" where it counts. Don't let him fool you, he's a sandbagger:

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/022203007.jpg

    Hemo The Magnificent even came without his carpool buddy (right Sorni?):

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/022203012.jpg

    The AM-B Titans, Pete Fagerlin and GT with a "get that damn camera out of my face" look:

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/022203022.jpg

    The Man, The Myth, The Legend, Pete Fagerlin. Yes kiddies, he does ride and quite well I might add.
    How the hell do you think he gets that great helmetcam footage?:

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/022203024.jpg

    Gordon The Wonder Dog always thinks food is out when we stop:

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/022203025.jpg

    Hemo The Magnificent really wants back into my notorious website:

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/022203026.jpg

    The Angry Man behind Angry Wheels:

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/022203017.jpg

    Maybe I'll add some words later. GT trying to find us at the bike shop on Friday is worthy...

    JD

    Tags:

  2. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Hey Sorni, did you see those guys from Gunnison in Tucson who won the SS team event? I think they
    > were fourth overall (with the geared folks).
    Those
    > are my homies. They would have been second overall but Rick (LBS owner/hammerhead) got a flat on
    > his last lap.

    I saw 'em on the Results Page -- dudes kicked some ASS!

    (Course wasn't difficult, but 18+ miles is LONG for a 24-hour race. SS-ers are simply extra-sick :)

    > Matt (gonna' be a dad any time now)

    I quit smoking 8 weeks/4 days/6 hours ago, or I'd light a stogie in your honor! Congrats, Matt
    'n Mary!!!

    Bill "even off the gum now (and JONESING!)" S.

  3. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    > {pic links snipped}

    > Hemo The Magnificent even came without his carpool buddy (right Sorni?)

    Yeah, yeah... That damned cold/wet/windy/gritty 24-hour race in Tucson really tore up my drivetrain.
    Installed a new chain, then needed a cassette, and STILL something was f-ed up. Turns out my
    4-year-old XTR rear hub (which I've never done a thing to maintenance-wise) finally took a crap
    (popping sound under hard torque). Miles has promised to open it up and diagnose what broke/is
    braking; WHEN is another question! :)

    Bill "did a search for 'angrywheels' but got nada" S.

    PS: Terrific pics, as usual -- *really* sorry I missed it!

  4. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > > {pic links snipped}
    >
    > > Hemo The Magnificent even came without his carpool buddy (right Sorni?)
    >
    > Yeah, yeah... That damned cold/wet/windy/gritty 24-hour race in Tucson really tore up my
    > drivetrain. Installed a new chain, then needed a cassette, and STILL something was f-ed up. Turns
    > out my 4-year-old XTR
    rear
    > hub (which I've never done a thing to maintenance-wise) finally took a
    crap
    > (popping sound under hard torque). Miles has promised to open it up and diagnose what broke/is
    > braking; WHEN is another question! :)
    >
    > Bill "did a search for 'angrywheels' but got nada" S.
    >
    > PS: Terrific pics, as usual -- *really* sorry I missed it!

    Yeah, that looked like a good trip. Sorry I missed it too.

    Hey Sorni, did you see those guys from Gunnison in Tucson who won the SS team event? I think they
    were fourth overall (with the geared folks). Those are my homies. They would have been second
    overall but Rick (LBS owner/hammerhead) got a flat on his last lap.

    Matt (gonna' be a dad any time now)

  5. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On 25 Feb 2003 10:05:50 -0800, [email protected] (JD) wrote:

    >Barend, the posterboy for any antidrug campaign:
    >
    >http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/022203002.jpg
    >
    >Infamous Bryce before he hacked his leg up:
    >
    >http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/022203004.jpg
    >
    >El Tigre:
    >
    >http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/022203005.jpg
    >
    >GT, being "old and slow" where it counts. Don't let him fool you, he's a sandbagger:
    >
    >http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/022203007.jpg
    >
    >Hemo The Magnificent even came without his carpool buddy (right Sorni?):
    >
    >http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/022203012.jpg
    >
    >The AM-B Titans, Pete Fagerlin and GT with a "get that damn camera out of my face" look:
    >
    >http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/022203022.jpg
    >
    >The Man, The Myth, The Legend, Pete Fagerlin. Yes kiddies, he does ride and quite well I might add.
    >How the hell do you think he gets that great helmetcam footage?:
    >
    >http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/022203024.jpg
    >
    >Gordon The Wonder Dog always thinks food is out when we stop:
    >
    >http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/022203025.jpg
    >
    >Hemo The Magnificent really wants back into my notorious website:
    >
    >http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/022203026.jpg
    >
    >The Angry Man behind Angry Wheels:
    >
    >http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/022203017.jpg
    >
    >Maybe I'll add some words later. GT trying to find us at the bike shop on Friday is worthy...
    >
    >JD

    Nice, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind
    :-]

  6. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Sorni wrote:

    >>{pic links snipped}
    >

    >>Hemo The Magnificent even came without his carpool buddy (right Sorni?)

    shitty ass SBC's news servers are dropping his posts.

    Thanks, Greg

  7. --
    Pete Fagerlin

    Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...
    | Sorni wrote:
    | > "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    | >
    | >>{pic links snipped}
    | >

    | >>Hemo The Magnificent even came without his carpool buddy (right Sorni?)
    | >

    | shitty ass SBC's news servers are dropping his posts.

    Just ditched SBC's servers as my main servers. These seem to be more reliable:

    http://news.cis.dfn.de/en/register.html

  8. JD wrote:

    > Barend, the posterboy for any antidrug campaign:
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/022203002.jpg
    >
    > Infamous Bryce before he hacked his leg up:
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/022203004.jpg
    >
    > El Tigre:
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/022203005.jpg
    >
    > GT, being "old and slow" where it counts. Don't let him fool you, he's a sandbagger:
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/022203007.jpg
    >
    > Hemo The Magnificent even came without his carpool buddy (right Sorni?):
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/022203012.jpg
    >
    > The AM-B Titans, Pete Fagerlin and GT with a "get that damn camera out of my face" look:
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/022203022.jpg
    >
    > The Man, The Myth, The Legend, Pete Fagerlin. Yes kiddies, he does ride and quite well I might
    > add. How the hell do you think he gets that great helmetcam footage?:
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/022203024.jpg
    >
    > Gordon The Wonder Dog always thinks food is out when we stop:
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/022203025.jpg
    >
    > Hemo The Magnificent really wants back into my notorious website:
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/022203026.jpg
    >
    > The Angry Man behind Angry Wheels:
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/022203017.jpg
    >
    > Maybe I'll add some words later. GT trying to find us at the bike shop on Friday is worthy...
    >
    > JD

    Looks like a great trip!

  9. Notaknob

    Notaknob Guest

  10. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

  11. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

  12. "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    | >> I actually did that again two weeks ago. Greta DVD.
    | >>

    | > So that's why your legs are so white in the photo:
    | >
    | > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/022203022.jpg
    |
    | Hmm, does Pete shave his legs?

    Oh yeah .

    http://www.petefagerlin.com/images/crashing/left_leg_front.jpg