Am I famous?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Msa, May 18, 2003.

  1. Msa

    Msa Guest

    Probably not.

    So, here I was riding home from my club ride today, most of the group had dropped off to go home,
    just me and one other guy left. I'll mention now that we were wearing matching tops and the same
    helmets...that may have had something to do with this........

    Anyway, we were trundling along at 30kph (come on, we had just ridden 100km!) when this car
    overtakes with 2 girls in, pulls in front about 10 metres ahead and maintains the same speed.
    Passenger leans RIGHT out of the window and aims a massive camera lens at us and starts firing away
    on the motordrive. I guess around 10 shots later the car zooms off about 100 metres ahead, pulls
    sharply into a lay-bye and the passenger jumps out, drops onto her knees and starts firing away as
    we ride passed!

    No idea what is was about. Guess she was a keen amateur photographer or we were mistaken for a pair
    of Pro riders :) (yeah right!) Still, that was my dose of what it's like to be famous...I'll be
    signing autographs alongside old Lance Hamstring soon!

    Thanks for listening.

    --
    Mark

  2. Elyob

    Elyob Guest

    "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Probably not.
    >
    > So, here I was riding home from my club ride today, most of the group had dropped off to go home,
    > just me and one other guy left. I'll mention now that we were wearing matching tops and the same
    > helmets...that may have
    had
    > something to do with this........

    probably reporting you to the style police ;)

  3. Chris French

    Chris French Guest

    In message <[email protected]>, elyob <[email protected]> writes

    >"MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> Probably not.
    >>
    >> So, here I was riding home from my club ride today, most of the group had dropped off to go home,
    >> just me and one other guy left. I'll mention now that we were wearing matching tops and the same
    >> helmets...that may have
    >had
    >> something to do with this........
    >>

    >probably reporting you to the style police ;)

    Where you wearing bibshorts - maybe they were spies for the PSF ?
    --
    Chris French, Leeds

  4. Msa

    Msa Guest

    chris French <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > In message <[email protected]>, elyob
    > <[email protected]> writes
    > >
    > >"MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >> Probably not.
    > >>
    > >> So, here I was riding home from my club ride today, most of the group
    had
    > >> dropped off to go home, just me and one other guy left. I'll mention
    now
    > >> that we were wearing matching tops and the same helmets...that may have
    > >had
    > >> something to do with this........
    > >>

    > >probably reporting you to the style police ;)
    > >

    > Where you wearing bibshorts - maybe they were spies for the PSF ?
    > --
    > Chris French, Leeds

    I was! But only my GF would have known :)

    --
    Mark

  5. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Mon, 19 May 2003 17:06:38 +0000 (UTC), "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I was! But only my GF would have known :)

    Don't kid yourself. The PSF has bionic X-ray vision.

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.