am i fast enough?

madammolecular

May 3, 2006
i ride about 3 months and my average speed on rout about 30km iz about 32kmph.i do not know is it enough for profesional training .i am a girl ,22,50kg and i have bike which is 11kg and have tires 23mm.i know that if i have had lighter bike or thiner tires i would be faster...but i do not know would it be fast enough.i know that velodrom girls are faster but i am interested about road cycling.i cycle with my boyfriend and it is not so hard and fast for me.

madammolecular said:
i ride about 3 months and my average speed on rout about 30km iz about 32kmph.i do not know is it enough for profesional training .i am a girl ,22,50kg and i have bike which is 11kg and have tires 23mm.i know that if i have had lighter bike or thiner tires i would be faster...but i do not know would it be fast enough.i know that velodrom girls are faster but i am interested about road cycling.i cycle with my boyfriend and it is not so hard and fast for me.

If you av. speed is 32kmph it's pretty quick for a beginner. I assume that your weight is rather more than 22.5kg, tho'. Don't worry too much about the weight of your bike - upgrading to a lighter one can wait. 23mm tires are fine

I suggest that you find out contact details for any local cycling clubs. that way, you should be able to meet other female cyclists

Good luck

thanks!and just to add i am 22 years old and my weight is 50kg.my problem is that there is no girl in my city who rides raceing bicycle,either no club.thank u anyway.