Am I going crazy?

eauzone

May 3, 2011
Hi everyone,

So, to get over being hit by a car on my Kona single speed, I bought a Fuji Team 1.0 with carbon front and rear forks. Great bike. almost inevitably, I came off again today (diesel on the road - 3 bikes and one motor bike all stacked it within about 30 seconds of each other). My lovely Fuji aint so lovely any more having slid along the road for about 5 metres. When I did my post tumble inspection, I noticed that the two rear forks are a totally different shape - one curved and slim and the other straight with a bulge in the middle (and looks like it was made that way). The weird thing is that I am almost 100% that carbon doesnt change shape but I have no recollection of this lack of symmetry.

Has it always been this way, could it happened in the crash or should I slow down on the crack?

Help!

Dave.

Not uncommom for the chain stay and rear stay to be shaped differently. Keep in mind the different forces being applied to each while riding.
Any bike invovled in a crash should be inspected by a professional at your LBS before you continue to ride it.
Sorry to hear about misfortune.
Dave

Good advice, have the bike shop where you got it have a look. You don't want something letting go on a hight speed downhill.