Am I going to get a new download link device?

bbrauer

Feb 27, 2007
Seems like this has been a recurring issue with me and my Powertap. Currently, I'm not able to download files from my PT to Cycling Peaks. I keep getting the same "an error occured during download. Timeout waiting for response" message. I've checked and rechecked all settings and connections, so I can only guess that the cradle/download device is fried. It seems like this happened to me before, but I got around it by performing a certain sequence.

Is this common?

bbrauer said:
Seems like this has been a recurring issue with me and my Powertap. Currently, I'm not able to download files from my PT to Cycling Peaks. I keep getting the same "an error occured during download. Timeout waiting for response" message. I've checked and rechecked all settings and connections, so I can only guess that the cradle/download device is fried. It seems like this happened to me before, but I got around it by performing a certain sequence.

Is this common?
I've had that happen when I let the CPU timeout and go to sleep before initiating the download. When that happens I have to quit WKO+ and restart or I'll keep getting the same message. Last week it happened and I couldn't get the download to start until I rebooted Windows. It seems things get scrambled after the first unsuccessful download attempt.

-Dave

Check your COM setting within Cycling Peaks. It needs to read "USB serial port" (I think, assuming you're using the USB cradle). If it just says COM 5 or something like that, that's a problem.

I swear, mine has changed on its own, so that my download would stop working. Once I verify and change the settings, everything's fine.

kennf said:
Check your COM setting within Cycling Peaks. It needs to read "USB serial port" (I think, assuming you're using the USB cradle). If it just says COM 5 or something like that, that's a problem.

I swear, mine has changed on its own, so that my download would stop working. Once I verify and change the settings, everything's fine.
Bingo. It had switched COM settings and I stupidly assumed COM 1 was USB serial port 1 on the front of my machine. Had to click on the scroll down menu to see "COM 5 USB serial port"

Thanks for the heads up, both of you.