Am I out of the corps?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Melba's Jammin', Feb 14, 2006.

  1. Supper tonight:
    Slices of pot roast from last week's chuck cut
    Frozen green beans (cooked)
    Mashed potatoes from a plastic refrigerated tub (free with the roasts a
    couple weeks ago)
    Roast chicken gravy (shut up) made from a Knorr packet
    Betty Crocker Warm Chocolate cake (from my annual GM products gift box)
    Edy's vanilla ice cream

    The gravy wasn't bad -- pretty good, in fact. Too bad I didn't have
    beef. The potatoes were pretty tasty, too, but I won't be buying them
    ever. The roast pot was very nice -- that was a good roast. The green
    beans (whole) were from a Bigass bag from Sam's -- also pretty good.
    Haven't eaten the cake yet and it will be cold when we do.
    Shoot me.
    --
    http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 2-11-2006, Sausage Roll Ups

    Tags:

  2. Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > Supper tonight:
    > Slices of pot roast from last week's chuck cut
    > Frozen green beans (cooked)
    > Mashed potatoes from a plastic refrigerated tub (free with the roasts a
    > couple weeks ago)
    > Roast chicken gravy (shut up) made from a Knorr packet
    > Betty Crocker Warm Chocolate cake (from my annual GM products gift box)
    > Edy's vanilla ice cream
    >
    > The gravy wasn't bad -- pretty good, in fact. Too bad I didn't have
    > beef. The potatoes were pretty tasty, too, but I won't be buying them
    > ever. The roast pot was very nice -- that was a good roast. The green
    > beans (whole) were from a Bigass bag from Sam's -- also pretty good.
    > Haven't eaten the cake yet and it will be cold when we do.
    > Shoot me.

    Okay, who are you and what have you done with Barb?

    George

  3. In article <[email protected]>,
    George Shirley <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > > Supper tonight:
    > > Slices of pot roast from last week's chuck cut
    > > Frozen green beans (cooked)
    > > Mashed potatoes from a plastic refrigerated tub (free with the roasts a
    > > couple weeks ago)
    > > Roast chicken gravy (shut up) made from a Knorr packet
    > > Betty Crocker Warm Chocolate cake (from my annual GM products gift box)
    > > Edy's vanilla ice cream
    > >
    > > The gravy wasn't bad -- pretty good, in fact. Too bad I didn't have
    > > beef. The potatoes were pretty tasty, too, but I won't be buying them
    > > ever. The roast pot was very nice -- that was a good roast. The green
    > > beans (whole) were from a Bigass? bag from Sam's -- also pretty good.
    > > Haven't eaten the cake yet and it will be cold when we do.
    > > Shoot me.

    > Okay, who are you and what have you done with Barb?
    >
    > George

    LOL! Hi, Jorge! What'd you cook Miz Anne for dinner? Moussaka?
    --

  4. Melba's Jammin' wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > George Shirley <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    >>
    >>>Supper tonight:
    >>>Slices of pot roast from last week's chuck cut
    >>>Frozen green beans (cooked)
    >>>Mashed potatoes from a plastic refrigerated tub (free with the roasts a
    >>>couple weeks ago)
    >>>Roast chicken gravy (shut up) made from a Knorr packet
    >>>Betty Crocker Warm Chocolate cake (from my annual GM products gift box)
    >>>Edy's vanilla ice cream
    >>>
    >>>The gravy wasn't bad -- pretty good, in fact. Too bad I didn't have
    >>>beef. The potatoes were pretty tasty, too, but I won't be buying them
    >>>ever. The roast pot was very nice -- that was a good roast. The green
    >>>beans (whole) were from a Bigass? bag from Sam's -- also pretty good.
    >>>Haven't eaten the cake yet and it will be cold when we do.
    >>>Shoot me.

    >>Okay, who are you and what have you done with Barb?
    >>
    >>George

    > LOL! Hi, Jorge! What'd you cook Miz Anne for dinner? Moussaka?

    Still have a few pans in the freezer, might have some for dinner this
    week. Tomorrow is sausage and home made kraut, tonight was leftovers, we
    were both too tired for much else. The salad was fresh, right from the
    garden, fresh tomatoes (last of those we had a freeze Sunday), a couple
    of hot chiles, lettuce, chard, parsley, sliced queen olives, feta
    cheese, scallions. I ate mostly salad, trying to get below that 190 lb
    mark again. So far I've lost 75 lbs in 2 1/2 years, and have gone from a
    44 waist to a 38 again. I don't think I'll ever get back to the 28 inch
    waist I had when Miz Anne and I married 45 years ago.

    George

  5. Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Roast chicken gravy (shut up) made from a Knorr packet
    >
    > The gravy wasn't bad -- pretty good, in fact.

    > Shoot me.

    Congratulations, this is your official invite to go hunting with Vice
    President Cheney.

  6. Melba's Jammin' wrote:

    >Supper tonight:
    >Slices of pot roast from last week's chuck cut
    >Frozen green beans (cooked)
    >Mashed potatoes from a plastic refrigerated tub (free with the roasts a
    >couple weeks ago)
    >Roast chicken gravy (shut up) made from a Knorr packet
    >Betty Crocker Warm Chocolate cake (from my annual GM products gift box)
    >Edy's vanilla ice cream
    >
    >The gravy wasn't bad -- pretty good, in fact. Too bad I didn't have
    >beef. The potatoes were pretty tasty, too, but I won't be buying them
    >ever. The roast pot was very nice -- that was a good roast. The green
    >beans (whole) were from a Bigass bag from Sam's -- also pretty good.
    >Haven't eaten the cake yet and it will be cold when we do.
    >Shoot me.

    If it works for you! :)

    Christine
    Who is contemplating Latina Pasta tonight

  7. -L.

    -L. Guest

    Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > Supper tonight:
    > Slices of pot roast from last week's chuck cut
    > Frozen green beans (cooked)
    > Mashed potatoes from a plastic refrigerated tub (free with the roasts a
    > couple weeks ago)
    > Roast chicken gravy (shut up) made from a Knorr packet
    > Betty Crocker Warm Chocolate cake (from my annual GM products gift box)
    > Edy's vanilla ice cream
    >
    > The gravy wasn't bad -- pretty good, in fact.

    Wasn't it salty? I find most prepared stuff *way* too salty.

    > Too bad I didn't have
    > beef. The potatoes were pretty tasty, too, but I won't be buying them
    > ever. The roast pot was very nice -- that was a good roast. The green
    > beans (whole) were from a Bigass

    "Big ass" is too words, often hyphenated. A big-ass bag.

    > bag from Sam's -- also pretty good.
    > Haven't eaten the cake yet and it will be cold when we do.
    > Shoot me.

    Nah. But we may forgive you...
    -L.

  8. Pennyaline

    Pennyaline Guest

    -L. wrote:
    > Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    >> Too bad I didn't have
    >> beef. The potatoes were pretty tasty, too, but I won't be buying them
    >> ever. The roast pot was very nice -- that was a good roast. The green
    >> beans (whole) were from a Bigass

    > "Big ass" is too words, often hyphenated. A big-ass bag.

    But it *was* from Sam's. "Bigass" could be the store-brand name for all
    of those warehouse outfits , as far as I'm concerned.

  9. Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> hitched up their
    panties and posted news:[email protected]:

    > Supper tonight:
    > Slices of pot roast from last week's chuck cut
    > Frozen green beans (cooked)
    > Mashed potatoes from a plastic refrigerated tub (free with the roasts a
    > couple weeks ago)
    > Roast chicken gravy (shut up) made from a Knorr packet
    > Betty Crocker Warm Chocolate cake (from my annual GM products gift box)
    > Edy's vanilla ice cream
    >
    > The gravy wasn't bad -- pretty good, in fact. Too bad I didn't have
    > beef. The potatoes were pretty tasty, too, but I won't be buying them
    > ever. The roast pot was very nice -- that was a good roast. The green
    > beans (whole) were from a Bigass bag from Sam's -- also pretty good.
    > Haven't eaten the cake yet and it will be cold when we do.
    > Shoot me.

    The hubby wouldn't take you out or were you just too busy ;)

    Michael

    --
    “It requires a certain kind of mind to see beauty in a hamburger bun.”
    _Ray Kroc, creator of the McDonald's franchise

  10. In article <[email protected]>,
    "-L." <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Melba's Jammin' wrote:

    > > Roast chicken gravy (shut up) made from a Knorr packet

    > > The gravy wasn't bad -- pretty good, in fact.

    > Wasn't it salty? I find most prepared stuff *way* too salty.

    Actually, it was decent. Didn't taste like thickened chicken bouillon.
    I will check out other Knorr gravy mixes.

    > > Too bad I didn't have
    > > beef. The potatoes were pretty tasty, too, but I won't be buying them
    > > ever. The roast pot was very nice -- that was a good roast. The green
    > > beans (whole) were from a Bigass

    > "Big ass" is too words, often hyphenated. A big-ass bag.

    No. Bigass is the term used by my mentor, zxcvbob.

    > > Shoot me.

    > Nah. But we may forgive you...
    > -L.

    Will you forgive me for eating the Betty Crock thing all by myself? Rob
    never knew of its existence and he was in his cave when I remembered it
    and I didn't want to bother him . . . . and it wasn't very good,
    besides. I saved him. My Wifely Duty and all.
    --
    http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 2-11-2006, Sausage Roll Ups

  11. In article <[email protected]>,
    "-L." <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > > ever. The roast pot was very nice -- that was a good roast. The green
    > > beans (whole) were from a Bigass

    > "Big ass" is too words, often hyphenated. A big-ass bag.

    And too many times the word 'too' is used incorrectly. "-)
    --
    http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 2-11-2006, Sausage Roll Ups

  12. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" <[email protected]> wrote:
    (dinner at home on Valentine's Day snipped)

    > The hubby wouldn't take you out or were you just too busy ;)
    >
    > Michael

    Neither. I didn't want to go out. I needed to get the rest of that pot
    roast out of the fridge -- it was in there at least a week.
    --
    http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 2-11-2006, Sausage Roll Ups

  13. Victor Sack

    Victor Sack Guest

    Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Charles Quinn <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Congratulations, this is your official invite to go hunting with Vice
    > > President Cheney.

    > OMA! Someboy sent me a link to Jon Stewart's telling of That Story on
    > www.youtube.com. It's pretty danged funny.

    I understand Cheney was trying to bag a former Vice President but got
    someone else... big deal!

    ObFood: Roast Quail, from "Nose to Tail Eating" by the great Fergus
    Henderson.

    Bubba

    Roast Quail
    To serve 4

    The quail unfortunately falls into a kind of bird purgatory; it is not a
    game bird, though some describe it as such, but is now a thoroughly
    farmed bird, so not glamorous enough to warrant the "hand on" battling
    that people feel justified to exert on grouse and partridge, and is
    denied from joining the chicken gang as it is seen to be too fiddly to
    eat. Then finally, to kick it while the quail's down, people say it has
    no flavour.

    Put all this behind you and let me put forward the case for the joys of
    a bowl of thoroughly roasted quails.

    10 quails (as there are always those who end up eating 3)
    olive oil
    sea salt
    ground black pepper

    Season the quails inside and out very thoroughly, being especially heavy
    on the salt. In a hot frying pan, with a small splash of olive oil,
    brown the quails all over. When you are satisfied with their colour
    place them onto a lightly oiled roasting tray and place in a hot oven
    for 20 minutes or so.

    Despite the quail's fragile reputation it is robust when it comes to
    cooking, not having the drying out potential of the partridge or the
    angst of getting the perfect moment of blush in a grouse breast. The
    quail wants plenty of cooking, to the point that its legs can be pulled
    easily from the ribcage, and the flesh sucked off the leg bone. Salty
    and well done, serve the quail in a bowl in the middle of the table and
    encourage some hand-on eating.

    Serve with a bowl of lentils or simply a watercress salad.

  14. -L.

    -L. Guest

    Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "-L." <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > > > ever. The roast pot was very nice -- that was a good roast. The green
    > > > beans (whole) were from a Bigass

    > > "Big ass" is too words, often hyphenated. A big-ass bag.

    > And too many times the word 'too' is used incorrectly. "-)

    LOL...typo. Believe it or not, I was an English writing minor. ;)
    -L.

  15. -L. wrote:
    > Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    >
    >>In article <[email protected]>,

    >>>"Big ass" is too words, often hyphenated. A big-ass bag.

    >>And too many times the word 'too' is used incorrectly. "-)

    > LOL...typo. Believe it or not, I was an English writing minor. ;)

    What are you now that you're older...?

    Pastorio