Am I rushing?

GucciPucci

Jul 24, 2005
I've been biking for about a month now and I'm already looking at doing a few tour/charity rides. The first one I'm wanting to do is this upcoming weekend on the 27th. Would you say I was rushing this whole biking thing and getting into rides to fast? Or is it good to get this type of experience before I try and make the move up to road next season?

GucciPucci said:
I've been biking for about a month now and I'm already looking at doing a few tour/charity rides. The first one I'm wanting to do is this upcoming weekend on the 27th. Would you say I was rushing this whole biking thing and getting into rides to fast? Or is it good to get this type of experience before I try and make the move up to road next season?
Tours/Charity rides are great fun. They are basically training rides with pasta salad. Plus it gives you a chance to see how many people are into cycling in your area. They are meant to be fun and its not a race. So to answer your question. No, i dont think you are moving along to fast

Cool. And for my next question... what distance should I go? I was thinking the 18 to 25mile.

GucciPucci said:
I don't think you are rushing at all I started racing a month after I started cycling with good results.

Sounds good. I'm training for the Tour ride. I know it shouldn't be trained for, but I'd like to set a starting block, ya know?

Anyways. I think I'll go for the 25 miler.