Am I the only one who has read this?

K50

Oct 7, 2005
Hey guys, this sounds like terrible news to me. It was written by a CNN guy, I don't know whether that gives it more credit or not, but it sounds really bad. He implies that Lance Armstrong cheated. Let's hear some insight from some real road fans! (I don't have cable, so I never see the Tour on OLN :( )

http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug=cnnsi-thetruthisoutth&prov=cnnsi&type=lgns

Please read the article first before posting!

I don't know what to think about this...

I think the writer makes some valid points.

Of course, a lot of American (and non American) cycling enthusiasts have swallowed the Armstrong myth hook line and sinker and won't accept a word said against him. There are also fans whose patriotism gets the better of them, and we hear a great deal from such people whenever an American cyclist fails a test or is alleged to have doped. Expect a sequence of such posts to follow.

I think a lot of people who know cycling have the same suspicions as the author of that piece, but we have to remember that lots of cyling fans only really got into the sport because of Lance's inspirational achievements, and therefore threats to his credibility can seem to undermine the whole foundations of their new hobby and passion.

What shocks and scares me is the sheer vindictiveness of the man - that he would yield his influence and power to effectively silence his critics and force anybody who disagrees with his self propagated legend out of cycling.

One should always ask who has the most to gain / lose from the making (and denying) of allegations....

I can imagine that him and Bush have plenty in common and get along just fine when they go on their mountain bike rides in Texas.

BullGod said:
I can imagine that him and Bush have plenty in common and get along just fine when they go on their mountain bike rides in Texas.
I've got it on a very reliable source that those mountain bike rides are a cover for a three-way circle jerk, the third party being none other than big **** Cheney.

Has anyone else heard of this?

helmutRoole2 said:
I've got it on a very reliable source that those mountain bike rides are a cover for a three-way circle jerk, the third party being none other than big **** Cheney.

Has anyone else heard of this?
Sure,they play the "Cracker Game".
Wonder who gets to eat the cracker most?

Scotty_Dog said:
No, but you might be the last person on cyclingforums to have read about it.

http://www.cyclingforums.com/t364239.html
Yeah, you're right, I am... I just read that entire thread. **** man, I give up. Floyd Landis an innocent guilty, Lance Armstrong beating cheaters...:S I'm really mixed up. The truth would be nice, but damn this is annoying. I think the 07 tour is going to suck.