Am i the only person sick of dog owners

Discussion in 'Your Bloody Soap Box' started by jeremyrundle, Mar 21, 2017.

1. jeremyrundle

jeremyrundle Member

Am I the only person sick of dog owners with an IQ of a rat who allow dogs on 30' leads to run in front of cyclists

Tags:

2. dabac

dabac Well-Known Member

No, only the one left on this forum who haven't gotten sufficiently jaded and cynical yet.

Give it some mileage, and at most you'll ask about pointers on technique on how to simultaneously pick grit out of your elbows, untangle a leash from your bike and fend off wild swings from an irate pet owner.

Along that route of Discovery, you'll also figure out why wheels with fairly high spoke counts are safer while riding through parks.

kennyM likes this.
  3. jeremyrundle

jeremyrundle Member

hahaha thank you

4. jeremyrundle

jeremyrundle Member

Hahaha I have also written to my council

Carmarthenshire Council

Via email. 21st March 2017

Dear Mr Walters,

Re: DANGEROUS DOG LEADS.

I would like the council to place serious consideration on the banning on extending dog leads on cycle paths.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ion-after-becoming-entangled-in-dog-lead.html

I and my son with learning difficulties and many many other tourists use cycle paths and yet more and more we are put in danger at speed by irresponsible dog owners with these dog leads that extend many many meters often right in front of cyclists.

Please can you let me know what you already have in place to stop this or are planning.

Yours sincerely,

J S E Rundle

Journalist and cyclist.

5. kennyM

kennyM New Member

Unleashed dogs can also be a problem. Last week one of my ride companions T-boned a loose dog with the dog's owner standing close by. The dog squealed and may have suffered some damage although it was up and walking right after the hit. My friend was able to unclip and stop without hitting the ground.

6. Dawnrider

Dawnrider Member

Yep, gotta hate irresponsible dog owners! And those who don't pick up after they've pooped (the dog not the owner ;) )