Am I unwanted now?

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Claes, Jun 26, 2005.

  1. Claes

    Claes New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2004
    I bought an aerobar, syntace c2, for my cervelo. Wanna try a time trial or two. Am I excluded from the normal road crowd now? :)
    The bike will run as normal road bike, just convert for a couple of practise runs and then a 10 or 15 k race.

    Tags:

  2. Claes

    Claes New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2004
    Oh, by the way, any tips for timetrials around melbourne would be appreciated. short and long. :)

  3. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700

    http://www.hawthorncycling.org/documents/Boulevard_TTcourse_2.pdf

    check out Hawthorncycling.org for more details. There's sure to be others available but you have access to this 'course' anytime you wanna give it a go! :D

  4. Claes

    Claes New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2004
    Ok, sounds like a plan. :) Now I just need to get another seatpost head, to the cervelo seat post, and another saddle, and I can prolly switch the bike from tt to road position in less than 15 mins. :) Lovely.
    Maybe I should show up in tt position for the BR, go really slow up hill, then exlplode on the way down in aero position, maybe that would be new record for me. :) Or is that cheating?

  5. GPLama

    GPLama Guest

    "Claes" wrote in message ...

    > Maybe I should show up in tt position for the BR, go really slow up
    > hill, then exlplode on the way down in aero position, maybe that would
    > be new record for me. :) Or is that cheating?

    Bring on more sub 12'ers on the Kangaroo Ground ITT!... anyone who does a
    sub 11 will get a beating, if I can catch them ;)

    cheers,
    GPL
    :hmmm early stages of the flu setting in.. must.. fight..
    pending...weakness..:

  6. Claes

    Claes New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2004
    I have never tried to time that uphill thingie, can not imagine I am very good at it, too heavy I imagine. :)

  7. GPLama

    GPLama Guest

    "Claes" wrote in message ...

    > I have never tried to time that uphill thingie, can not imagine I am
    > very good at it, too heavy I imagine. :)

    I have bad memories of chasing dutch down the Kangaroo Ground ITT route....
    Ess and FD got a 20 second jump before I noticed they were off.. this was on
    the alternate bike / reverse route BR... I chased and chased.. feeling the
    same cramps that made Ess pull up short on the top of a climb, I pushed
    on... one down... I just couldn't catch the dutch though.. he was watching
    me from about 150m ahead spinning at him like a madman - damn mtb gearing..
    arh.. BRs are fun! :)

    cheers,
    GPL

  8. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    On Mon, 27 Jun 2005, GPLama wrote:

    <Snip>

    > :hmmm early stages of the flu setting in.. must.. fight..
    > pending...weakness..:

    I think I have early stages of a cold too. Riding home in the rain tonight
    was therefore probably a bad idea. However, I have proven once more that
    some qlders are not fair weather cyclists, and I may just be the most
    hardcore chicky cyclist on the southside!

    Tam

  9. Carl Brewer

    Carl Brewer Guest

    On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 16:33:24 +1000, flyingdutch
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Claes Wrote:
    >> Oh, by the way, any tips for timetrials around melbourne would be
    >> appreciated. short and long. :)

    >http://www.hawthorncycling.org/documents/Boulevard_TTcourse_2.pdf
    >
    >check out Hawthorncycling.org for more details. There's sure to be
    >others available but you have access to this 'course' anytime you wanna
    >give it a go! :D

    I heard a rumour that the council permit for the HCC TTs was
    pulled. Anyone know the full story?

  10. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    wasnt the council, per se. and was only for last Sunday's one (Craig?)
    Are awaiting clearance from the police 'incident unit' for future clearance.
    aint beuracracy a wonderful thing?!

    'The course' is open anytime someone wants to train/have-a-go.
    Just without the fear/drive of someone catching you/chaseing-your-30sec-man.

    BV are pushing govt to have some specified locations (AlberPark, Kew Boulevard, etc) closed to vehicles on Sunday mornings which would be awesome. might take a while but these things do...

  11. Carl Brewer

    Carl Brewer Guest

    On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:08:16 +1000, flyingdutch
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Carl Brewer Wrote:
    >>
    >> I heard a rumour that the council permit for the HCC TTs was
    >> pulled. Anyone know the full story?

    >wasnt the council, per se. and was only for last Sunday's one (Craig?)
    >Are awaiting clearance from the police 'incident unit' for future
    >clearance.
    >aint beuracracy a wonderful thing?!

    ja ...

    >The course' is open anytime someone wants to train/have-a-go.
    >Just without the fear/drive of someone catching
    >you/chaseing-your-30sec-man.

    :)

    >BV are pushing govt to have some specified locations (AlberPark, Kew
    >Boulevard, etc) closed to vehicles on Sunday mornings which would be
    >awesome. might take a while but these things do...

    If Albert Park didn't have that messy bit at the
    South Melb end it would be a superb crit course!