am i young

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by syrupandme, Sep 29, 2004.

  1. syrupandme

    syrupandme Guest

    I was watching blue peter (don't know why) on bbc 1 and saw this young
    kid who looked about ten. He could do lots of tricks and was better than
    me. I havent seen many very young unicyclists (I am, but at heart). Do
    you know any young unicyclists (even you!) if so please put down a post
    on how young they are, and we will see how young we can get to!

    --
    syrupandme
    syrupandme's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7944

  2. Gobd

    Gobd Guest

  3. jsm

    jsm Guest

  4. juggle508

    juggle508 Guest

  5. The_SkunkMan

    The_SkunkMan Guest

  6. souleater12

    souleater12 Guest

  7. gasmaster

    gasmaster Guest

    freshman, here, an i got my 8th grade friend to start, too.
    PS, you kids who've been riding since you were six, you got sum awesome
    parents!

    --
    gasmaster - level 4 unicyclist

    Real men only need 1 wheel.
    gasmaster's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6713

  8. Klaas Bil

    Klaas Bil Guest

    King Muni Man (son of Jason in Alaska who used to post here) is now 7
    I think, he's been riding since he was 5. Allegedly, the youngest
    unicyclist on record was 18 months old.

    Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
    --
    "The more you think, the less you have to do. - Leo Vandewoestijne"

  9. Orange

    Orange Guest

  10. Robbie

    Robbie Guest

    Klaas Bil wrote:
    > *Allegedly, the youngest
    > unicyclist on record was 18 months old.*

    No way... I don't know much about kids and when they walk and talk and
    stuff but surely that'd be too early for most to learn to ride a bike, a
    unicycle tho? Maybe the 18 month-older just owns a unicycle :p

    --
    Robbie - Street Unicyclist

    [image: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums/greeny23-900/dr_z.gif]
    Greeny23
    Robbie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5302

  11. Klaas Bil

    Klaas Bil Guest

  12. Skippii

    Skippii Guest

  13. Skippii

    Skippii Guest

    Ah! Rush....that was gonna drive me crazy until I could name that
    song...and now it's stuck in my head!

    Anyway, I started when I was 17, I'm now 21 and not much better.

    --
    Skippii - Bassist
    Skippii's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7822

  14. maestro8

    maestro8 Guest

    There's a 6-year-old girl that lives up the street from me... I see her
    pedaling circles around her bike-riding friends, barefoot, just about
    every day in her driveway. She even rides it down the street to the
    beach (again, barefoot).

    Apparently she goes to some sort of progressive school, where all the
    children are taught to ride, juggle, etc. They've graduated a few older
    students onto giraffes even. I heard her teacher used to be a clown,
    but the thought is too scary for me to believe.

    --
    maestro8 - Mad Scientists for World Domination

  15. unixtc

    unixtc Guest

    Darren Bedford was telling me of a friend of his whose 5 year old took
    to the unicycle like a fish to water. He was unicycling in a matter of
    hours!

    Darren was so impressed he was building a customunicycle for him. I am
    going to ask Darren about the kids progress and will update y'all!

    --
    unixtc - Sit on the seat!
    unixtc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8030

  16. Im 14 and iv been uniing since i was 11(?).
    Syrupandme,you forgot to tell us how old you are.

    --
    forrestunifreak - Unicyclists Rights Activist

    You know the UPD is coming.the UPD will get you.so plan for it.and UPD
    anyway.

    Ultimate wheel [email protected]+bookshelf x pain=Even more pain