Am Leaving this News Group :((

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Mel Smith, Jul 20, 2003.

  1. Mel Smith

    Mel Smith Guest

    Dear Friends,

    I'm sorry but aliens have invaded our newsgroup, and I'm obliged (after all
    these years) to remove myself.

    I give great thanks to Dr. Andrew Chung for his ongoing advice.

    Would like to meet all the serious long-term posters in some other place at
    some other time.

    Thanks again to all !

    -Mel Smith

    Tags:

  2. Bill

    Bill Guest

    "Mel Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Dear Friends,
    >
    > I'm sorry but aliens have invaded our newsgroup, and I'm obliged (after

    all
    > these years) to remove myself.
    >
    > I give great thanks to Dr. Andrew Chung for his ongoing advice.
    >
    > Would like to meet all the serious long-term posters in some other place

    at
    > some other time.
    >
    > Thanks again to all !
    >
    > -Mel Smith

    Check back in about a month. These things sometimes fade with time. Also, I
    don't know if AOL allows you to block individual posters, but if so, you could
    do that.

    Bill

  3. x-no-archive: yes
    Oh ..I hate to see the good folks leave ! We've been 'invaded' before
    and lasted ! I use
    FixNews .. a freebie and just put whoever in the KILLFILE and poof they
    are gone. and it's kinda fun to see no more posts from **THEM** :)

  4. Bob Cardone

    Bob Cardone Guest

    [email protected]ocrud (Mel Smith) wrote:

    >Dear Friends,
    >
    > I'm sorry but aliens have invaded our newsgroup, and I'm obliged (after all
    >these years) to remove myself.
    >
    > I give great thanks to Dr. Andrew Chung for his ongoing advice.
    >
    > Would like to meet all the serious long-term posters in some other place at
    >some other time.
    >
    >Thanks again to all !
    >
    >-Mel Smith

    I began visiting this newsgroup about 2 months ago. The people that
    daily post on this group , with the exception of a few people
    including Doctor Chung, are the biggest bunch of total buttholes that
    I have ever seen involved on a usenet newsgroup.

    People responding to a 15 paragraph post, including the entire post in
    their response, with their one line of nonsensical crap as their
    contribution , seems to be the norm. This is way beyond being the
    poorest example of newsgroup etiquette, yet it is done on this
    newsgroup dozens of times a day by the same "regular morons" Same
    goes for Topics that are not appropriate for this newsgroup such as :
    personal insults, crosspostings, lengthy discussion that have nothing
    whatever to do with Cardiology about eating 2 pounds of grease blah
    blah..yada yada....etc..etc......

    Not only that, a Cardiologist invests his own time in trying to help
    people on this newsgroup, and what does he get for his trouble.... A
    bunch of smartasses with some apparently pretty severe emotional
    problems trying to put him down for what he does to help other people
    .. The people that put him down, in my opinion, aren't worth a mouse
    fart in a wind storm and yet they act like they have all the answers
    and the Doctor and the rest of us don't know anything.

    I was thinking this morning when I logged on that this newsgroup, that
    it has become a total hassle to visit. It is has generated the
    biggest Killfile on my newsreader of any group I have been involved
    with . This is all in a few weeks., Sometimes I download about 80
    posts in a day, and after the killfile weeds out all the whackos,
    there are only about 40+ posts left to read. Out of the 40, only about
    5 have any value to a intellectual discussion of Cardio Topics. It's a
    shame. because a group like this could be a valuable asset to people
    with Cardio problems yet all the resident morons have to get on here
    act like 5 year olds and ruin it for everyone else. What a pathetic
    bunch of people without any kind of life.

    Bob

  5. Bigjon

    Bigjon Guest

    Mel Smith declared:

    > Dear Friends,

    > I'm sorry but aliens have invaded our newsgroup, and I'm obliged (after all
    > these years) to remove myself.

    > I give great thanks to Dr. Andrew Chung for his ongoing advice.

    > Would like to meet all the serious long-term posters in some other place at
    > some other time.

    > Thanks again to all !

    > -Mel Smith

    I was going to leave, but decided that a resource such as this is actually
    a positive in my life. For the sake of a large plonk file and a few
    deletions each day, I still think this NG and Dr. Chungs insight is worth
    the effort. Lets hope it doesn't degenerate further.....
    --
    You can't have it all -
    Where would you put it ?

  6. Markthree

    Markthree Guest

    I was going to leave but agree with you. I will check in, but much less often.
    In hopes the offenders will eventually tire of their childish antics.

  7. Tiger_Lily

    Tiger_Lily Guest

    "Bob Cardone" <[email protected]!mindspring.com> wrote in message

    > People responding to a 15 paragraph post, including the entire post in
    > their response, with their one line of nonsensical crap as their
    > contribution , seems to be the norm. This is way beyond being the
    > poorest example of newsgroup etiquette, yet it is done on this
    > newsgroup dozens of times a day by the same "regular morons" Same
    > goes for Topics that are not appropriate for this newsgroup such as :
    > personal insults, crosspostings, lengthy discussion that have nothing
    > whatever to do with Cardiology about eating 2 pounds of grease blah
    > blah..yada yada....etc..etc......

    and the crossposting starts with Mu/Chung

    if only they would stop it.... there wouldn't be the extraneous posts
    occurring

    sigh

  8. Anna

    Anna Guest

    Markthree <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I was going to leave but agree with you. I will check in, but much less

    often.
    > In hopes the offenders will eventually tire of their childish antics.

    I'm not leaving but I am reading less and less of the posts.
    I wish there was some way to killfile people who post titles
    in capital letters. That would solve most of the problem!

    I've been reading this group since my husband had 2 heart
    attacks and a CABG last year. I / we have learned a lot
    by reading posts on here. I have also been interested to
    follow the trials and tribulations of regular posters. Lately
    I find I haven't the patience to wade through the rubbish to
    get to the posts I want to see.

    Let's hope these "contributors" get bored with us and move
    on to some other group soon.

    Anna

    Reply to: chatelaine at lineone dot net

  9. Bob Cardone

    Bob Cardone Guest

    "Anna" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Markthree <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >> I was going to leave but agree with you. I will check in, but much less

    >often.
    >> In hopes the offenders will eventually tire of their childish antics.

    >I'm not leaving but I am reading less and less of the posts.
    >I wish there was some way to killfile people who post titles
    >in capital letters. That would solve most of the problem!
    >
    >I've been reading this group since my husband had 2 heart
    >attacks and a CABG last year. I / we have learned a lot
    >by reading posts on here. I have also been interested to
    >follow the trials and tribulations of regular posters. Lately
    >I find I haven't the patience to wade through the rubbish to
    >get to the posts I want to see.
    >
    >Let's hope these "contributors" get bored with us and move
    >on to some other group soon.
    >
    >Anna
    >

    >Reply to: chatelaine at lineone dot net

    Some of the people that haunt and Troll this newsgroup are the same
    caliber of people that break into a Church to rob the poor box, in my
    opinion. Pure Trash

    Bob

  10. On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 09:43:59 +0100, "Anna" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I'm not leaving but I am reading less and less of the posts.

    I am not leaving either. Its a type of intimidation almost and I for
    one will not tolerate 'in your face' bullies with their unwanted and
    unread postings. We must not let the group fade away. Diana

  11. Anna

    Anna Guest

    Bob Cardone <[email protected]!mindspring.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Do you think the rest of the trash that posts this negative crud on
    > this newsgroup day after day , could give any kind of input that would
    > have any value at all to me or the rest of the people seeking
    > information on Cardio issues......? Are you kidding???

    I wonder if it occurs to them that they might actually be putting
    people's lives in danger? Lots of people write into this group
    describing symptoms that could be cardiac related. A few
    times I have seen replies advising them to go to hospital
    immediately and the person has been very pleased that they
    have gone. If there is so much "noise" on the group, that people
    are either leaving or not reading posts so frequently, the "please
    help" messages will not be seen so quickly or by so many people
    who could help.

    Anna

  12. "Bob Cardone" <[email protected]!mindspring.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Anna" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    > >Markthree <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]
    > >> I was going to leave but agree with you. I will check in, but much

    less
    > >often.
    > >> In hopes the offenders will eventually tire of their childish antics.

    > >I'm not leaving but I am reading less and less of the posts.
    > >I wish there was some way to killfile people who post titles
    > >in capital letters. That would solve most of the problem!
    > >
    > >I've been reading this group since my husband had 2 heart
    > >attacks and a CABG last year. I / we have learned a lot
    > >by reading posts on here. I have also been interested to
    > >follow the trials and tribulations of regular posters. Lately
    > >I find I haven't the patience to wade through the rubbish to
    > >get to the posts I want to see.
    > >
    > >Let's hope these "contributors" get bored with us and move
    > >on to some other group soon.
    > >
    > >Anna
    > >

    > >Reply to: chatelaine at lineone dot net
    > >

    > Some of the people that haunt and Troll this newsgroup are the same
    > caliber of people that break into a Church to rob the poor box, in my
    > opinion. Pure Trash
    >
    > Bob

    I agree. This newsgroup used to be a lot more decent and informative. It
    still is sometimes. However, it's getting a little too trashy with all of
    the uncessesary scathing that has taken place. I log on less...scan
    quickly...and delete. What a shame. :(

    Larry

  13. Larry Morando wrote:

    > I agree. This newsgroup used to be a lot more decent and informative. It
    > still is sometimes. However, it's getting a little too trashy with all of
    > the uncessesary scathing that has taken place. I log on less...scan
    > quickly...and delete. What a shame. :(
    >
    > Larry

    The HeartMDPhD.com chatroom is a moderated alternative.

    http://www.heartmdphd.com/chat.asp

    God Bless,

    Andrew

    --