Am Leaving this News Group :((

Mel Smith

Guest
Dear Friends,

I'm sorry but aliens have invaded our newsgroup, and I'm obliged (after all
these years) to remove myself.

I give great thanks to Dr. Andrew Chung for his ongoing advice.

Would like to meet all the serious long-term posters in some other place at
some other time.

Thanks again to all !

-Mel Smith

"Mel Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Dear Friends,
>
> I'm sorry but aliens have invaded our newsgroup, and I'm obliged (after

all
> these years) to remove myself.
>
> I give great thanks to Dr. Andrew Chung for his ongoing advice.
>
> Would like to meet all the serious long-term posters in some other place

at
> some other time.
>
> Thanks again to all !
>
> -Mel Smith

Check back in about a month. These things sometimes fade with time. Also, I
don't know if AOL allows you to block individual posters, but if so, you could
do that.

Bill

x-no-archive: yes
Oh ..I hate to see the good folks leave ! We've been 'invaded' before
and lasted ! I use
FixNews .. a freebie and just put whoever in the KILLFILE and **** they
are gone. and it's kinda fun to see no more posts from **THEM** :)

[email protected]ocrud (Mel Smith) wrote:

>Dear Friends,
>
> I'm sorry but aliens have invaded our newsgroup, and I'm obliged (after all
>these years) to remove myself.
>
> I give great thanks to Dr. Andrew Chung for his ongoing advice.
>
> Would like to meet all the serious long-term posters in some other place at
>some other time.
>
>Thanks again to all !
>
>-Mel Smith

I began visiting this newsgroup about 2 months ago. The people that
daily post on this group , with the exception of a few people
including Doctor Chung, are the biggest bunch of total buttholes that
I have ever seen involved on a usenet newsgroup.

People responding to a 15 paragraph post, including the entire post in
their response, with their one line of nonsensical **** as their
contribution , seems to be the norm. This is way beyond being the
poorest example of newsgroup etiquette, yet it is done on this
newsgroup dozens of times a day by the same "regular morons" Same
goes for Topics that are not appropriate for this newsgroup such as :
personal insults, crosspostings, lengthy discussion that have nothing
whatever to do with Cardiology about eating 2 pounds of grease blah
blah..yada yada....etc..etc......

Not only that, a Cardiologist invests his own time in trying to help
people on this newsgroup, and what does he get for his trouble.... A
bunch of smartasses with some apparently pretty severe emotional
problems trying to put him down for what he does to help other people
.. The people that put him down, in my opinion, aren't worth a mouse
fart in a wind storm and yet they act like they have all the answers
and the Doctor and the rest of us don't know anything.

I was thinking this morning when I logged on that this newsgroup, that
it has become a total hassle to visit. It is has generated the
biggest Killfile on my newsreader of any group I have been involved
with . This is all in a few weeks., Sometimes I download about 80
posts in a day, and after the killfile weeds out all the whackos,
there are only about 40+ posts left to read. Out of the 40, only about
5 have any value to a intellectual discussion of Cardio Topics. It's a
shame. because a group like this could be a valuable asset to people
with Cardio problems yet all the resident morons have to get on here
act like 5 year olds and ruin it for everyone else. What a pathetic
bunch of people without any kind of life.

Bob

Mel Smith declared:

> Dear Friends,

> I'm sorry but aliens have invaded our newsgroup, and I'm obliged (after all
> these years) to remove myself.

> I give great thanks to Dr. Andrew Chung for his ongoing advice.

> Would like to meet all the serious long-term posters in some other place at
> some other time.

> Thanks again to all !

> -Mel Smith

I was going to leave, but decided that a resource such as this is actually
a positive in my life. For the sake of a large plonk file and a few
deletions each day, I still think this NG and Dr. Chungs insight is worth
the effort. Lets hope it doesn't degenerate further.....
--
You can't have it all -
Where would you put it ?

I was going to leave but agree with you. I will check in, but much less often.
In hopes the offenders will eventually tire of their childish antics.

"Bob Cardone" <cardone1!@!mindspring.com> wrote in message

> People responding to a 15 paragraph post, including the entire post in
> their response, with their one line of nonsensical **** as their
> contribution , seems to be the norm. This is way beyond being the
> poorest example of newsgroup etiquette, yet it is done on this
> newsgroup dozens of times a day by the same "regular morons" Same
> goes for Topics that are not appropriate for this newsgroup such as :
> personal insults, crosspostings, lengthy discussion that have nothing
> whatever to do with Cardiology about eating 2 pounds of grease blah
> blah..yada yada....etc..etc......

and the crossposting starts with Mu/Chung

if only they would stop it.... there wouldn't be the extraneous posts
occurring

sigh

Markthree <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I was going to leave but agree with you. I will check in, but much less

often.
> In hopes the offenders will eventually tire of their childish antics.

I'm not leaving but I am reading less and less of the posts.
I wish there was some way to killfile people who post titles
in capital letters. That would solve most of the problem!

I've been reading this group since my husband had 2 heart
attacks and a CABG last year. I / we have learned a lot
by reading posts on here. I have also been interested to
follow the trials and tribulations of regular posters. Lately
I find I haven't the patience to wade through the rubbish to
get to the posts I want to see.

Let's hope these "contributors" get bored with us and move
on to some other group soon.

Anna

Reply to: chatelaine at lineone dot net

"Anna" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Markthree <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> I was going to leave but agree with you. I will check in, but much less

>often.
>> In hopes the offenders will eventually tire of their childish antics.

>I'm not leaving but I am reading less and less of the posts.
>I wish there was some way to killfile people who post titles
>in capital letters. That would solve most of the problem!
>
>I've been reading this group since my husband had 2 heart
>attacks and a CABG last year. I / we have learned a lot
>by reading posts on here. I have also been interested to
>follow the trials and tribulations of regular posters. Lately
>I find I haven't the patience to wade through the rubbish to
>get to the posts I want to see.
>
>Let's hope these "contributors" get bored with us and move
>on to some other group soon.
>
>Anna
>

>Reply to: chatelaine at lineone dot net

Some of the people that haunt and Troll this newsgroup are the same
caliber of people that break into a Church to rob the poor box, in my
opinion. Pure Trash

Bob

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 09:43:59 +0100, "Anna" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I'm not leaving but I am reading less and less of the posts.

I am not leaving either. Its a type of intimidation almost and I for
one will not tolerate 'in your face' bullies with their unwanted and
unread postings. We must not let the group fade away. Diana

Bob Cardone <cardone1!@!mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Do you think the rest of the trash that posts this negative crud on
> this newsgroup day after day , could give any kind of input that would
> have any value at all to me or the rest of the people seeking
> information on Cardio issues......? Are you kidding???

I wonder if it occurs to them that they might actually be putting
people's lives in danger? Lots of people write into this group
describing symptoms that could be cardiac related. A few
times I have seen replies advising them to go to hospital
immediately and the person has been very pleased that they
have gone. If there is so much "noise" on the group, that people
are either leaving or not reading posts so frequently, the "please
help" messages will not be seen so quickly or by so many people
who could help.

Anna

"Bob Cardone" <cardone1!@!mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Anna" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >Markthree <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> I was going to leave but agree with you. I will check in, but much

less
> >often.
> >> In hopes the offenders will eventually tire of their childish antics.

> >I'm not leaving but I am reading less and less of the posts.
> >I wish there was some way to killfile people who post titles
> >in capital letters. That would solve most of the problem!
> >
> >I've been reading this group since my husband had 2 heart
> >attacks and a CABG last year. I / we have learned a lot
> >by reading posts on here. I have also been interested to
> >follow the trials and tribulations of regular posters. Lately
> >I find I haven't the patience to wade through the rubbish to
> >get to the posts I want to see.
> >
> >Let's hope these "contributors" get bored with us and move
> >on to some other group soon.
> >
> >Anna
> >

> >Reply to: chatelaine at lineone dot net
> >

> Some of the people that haunt and Troll this newsgroup are the same
> caliber of people that break into a Church to rob the poor box, in my
> opinion. Pure Trash
>
> Bob

I agree. This newsgroup used to be a lot more decent and informative. It
still is sometimes. However, it's getting a little too trashy with all of
the uncessesary scathing that has taken place. I log on less...scan
quickly...and delete. What a shame. :(

Larry

Larry Morando wrote:

> I agree. This newsgroup used to be a lot more decent and informative. It
> still is sometimes. However, it's getting a little too trashy with all of
> the uncessesary scathing that has taken place. I log on less...scan
> quickly...and delete. What a shame. :(
>
> Larry

The HeartMDPhD.com chatroom is a moderated alternative.

http://www.heartmdphd.com/chat.asp

God Bless,

Andrew

--