Amateur racing in France

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by BeeGuy, Oct 2, 2003.

1. BeeGuy

BeeGuy New Member

My family is planning to spend a month in France next June and I'm interested in learning more about racing while I'm there. Sister lives in St. Germain en Laye in the Paris area and we've talked of renting a house in the Toulouse area. Any resources or contacts or experience would be greatly appreciated. I'm a strong Cat 4, 39 yrs old.

Thanks!

chris

Tags:

2. sylvain007

sylvain007 New Member

if you come back to see your sister (with your bike!), let me a private message. I live next St Germain, we could ride together and /or make a race in the area!

3. BeeGuy

BeeGuy New Member

Great, I'll definitely get in touch before we leave. She's in L'Etang la Ville. Do you ride with a club in your area? I've asked my sister to check with the local club on the registration day to see if they could have an American tag along.

It sure is exciting to connect with other cyclists via the net.

chris
    ne iowa

4. less'go

less'go New Member

I'm sure Sylvain will have lots of info for you, but I recently read an article (this is not strictly racing info) about a company called Mike's Bike Tours that operates out of Paris, and they have a good website (I'll let you google that one!). They give bike tours here that sound like a lot of fun, and I bet they have lots of other info. Other than that there are some good websites in French on French racing, but obviously you need to speak French!

Bonne chance mon gars!

Sara

5. less'go

less'go New Member

Salut Sylvain, j'habite pas TRES loin, à Cachan, ... si ça se trouve on se croise des fois sur la route... mais s'il y a une chose que les cyclistes français ne font pas, c'est se dire bonjour !

Je commence à prendre mon vélo pour aller bosser sur Paris, trois fois déjà cette semaine, c'est un peu kamikaze, mais j'aime bien!

Eh, ben, bonne route, pédale fort, fort,fort...

Sara