Amazing Armstrong victory

most moms would just put the newspaper clipping on the fridge and be done with it, but not you.

No_Positives said:
Great ride by Lance. He's showing solid form heading into Leadville.
And here's support to Lance's fresh PR from Lance's rotten PR...
BTW what are those races? Some compensation for TDF losers or topic to save PR credibility. Whatever, I'VE NEVER HEARD OF THEM since you've started posting.
Pathetic!

Andrija said:
BTW what are those races? Some compensation for TDF losers or topic to save PR credibility. Whatever, I'VE NEVER HEARD OF THEM since you've started posting.
Pathetic!
Easy Andrea! It's not my thread. I'm just adding my contribution.

Andrija said:
Pathetic!

First we get everyone complaining that Armstrong gets too much press. Then we get people saying they don't know what he's upto. Fcuk dude... get with the program, it's not like this race wasn't on two of the biggest cycling websitess. :p

Snowmass is a 12 hour relay race up in Colorado and is a benefit event for the Aspen Youth Center and Extreme Sport Camp - which is a summer camp for kids with autism. Quite a few of the well known mountain bike pros ride the event. Armstrong was using is for prep for his attempt to break the Leadville 100 (100 mile mountain bike race) record. The race hits a max altitude of over 12,600ft.

Andrija said:
Pathetic!
What place did you come in in this years Tour? It wasn't in the top 3 :confused:

swampy1970 said:
First we get everyone complaining that Armstrong gets too much press. Then we get people saying they don't know what he's upto. Fcuk dude... get with the program, it's not like this race wasn't on two of the biggest cycling websitess. :p

Snowmass is a 12 hour relay race up in Colorado and is a benefit event for the Aspen Youth Center and Extreme Sport Camp - which is a summer camp for kids with autism. Quite a few of the well known mountain bike pros ride the event. Armstrong was using is for prep for his attempt to break the Leadville 100 (100 mile mountain bike race) record. The race hits a max altitude of over 12,600ft.
So, it's a charity race. I'm not sure that the point of charity race is to smash the field. Also, I'm not sure how that smashing the field in a charity race contributes to Armstrong cycling reputation. Someone here doesn't understand what is pro cycling about and what are charity races about. The one who started this thread is doing very bad job.

Wlfdg said:
What place did you come in in this years Tour? It wasn't in the top 3 :confused:
What a childish reply.
How old are you, bunny? Let your mommy wipe your nose 'cause someone insulted superhuman achievements of your superhero.
This forum should open children's section.

Andrija said:
What a childish reply.
How old are you, bunny? Let your mommy wipe your nose 'cause someone insulted superhuman achievements of your superhero.
This forum should open children's section.
Armstrong isn't my "superhero". I admire his accomplishments as I admire Contador, Indurain and anyone else who is at the top of their game in any pursuit.

I also admire riders like Voigt, Hincapie, Cavendish, etc... People who have won stages only. In fact I admire anyone who puts out their best effort, win or lose.

I was remarking on the constant belittlement of Armstrong. What has he ever done to you that you feel pleasure in degrading him? Are you jealous? Is it because he is American?

You are the one who needs to grow the f*** up little boy. Get the f*** over it! He's a GREAT RACER! Better than you will ever be! You are a loser!

Snowmass is still no less a race.

Wlfdg said:
Armstrong isn't my "superhero". I admire his accomplishments as I admire Contador, Indurain and anyone else who is at the top of their game in any pursuit.

I also admire riders like Voigt, Hincapie, Cavendish, etc... People who have won stages only. In fact I admire anyone who puts out their best effort, win or lose.

I was remarking on the constant belittlement of Armstrong. What has he ever done to you that you feel pleasure in degrading him? Are you jealous? Is it because he is American?

You are the one who needs to grow the f*** up little boy. Get the f*** over it! He's a GREAT RACER! Better than you will ever be! You are a loser!

The constant belittlement of Armstrong happens because of his constant arrogance and insulting treatment of others. 'GREAT RACER' does not excuse bad behaviour.

Wlfdg said:
...You are the one who needs to grow the f*** up little boy. Get the f*** over it! He's a GREAT RACER! Better than you will ever be! You are a loser!

What a conclusion!
Like this is really typing a nine year old boy. Not very polite one.

I'll tell you only this - my father is stronger than yours!

Andrija said:
So, it's a charity race. I'm not sure that the point of charity race is to smash the field. Also, I'm not sure how that smashing the field in a charity race contributes to Armstrong cycling reputation. Someone here doesn't understand what is pro cycling about and what are charity races about. The one who started this thread is doing very bad job.

It's a race whose proceeds go towards charity. It's not a casual, lets have 15 stops enroute to the finish, sign autographs and pose for pictures event. It's a race...

... but feel free to ignore the facts and just twist things to suit your deluded little pea-brain.

swampy1970 said:
It's a race whose proceeds go towards charity. It's not a casual, lets have 15 stops enroute to the finish, sign autographs and pose for pictures event. It's a race...

... but feel free to ignore the facts and just twist things to suit your deluded little pea-brain.
The fact is that it's race with charity character, and that's why it exists. Winning in such race isn't exactly the point. And I don't get the enthusiasm of author of this thread when seven times TDF champion wins it. Except if point is posting anything about Armstrong, of whose palmares we all are aware, and I personally doubt that rank of this race is worth in it (his palmares). The news about this race is interesting primary (and I think only) to US public and for non competitive reasons. So, posting things like "amazing victory" and "smashed the field" is, at least, stupid. He already made his streak of amazing victories and has opportunity to continue it in competitive pro cycling events.
Standing in defense of greatness of this achievement in a way you do is very rude. I think you know what I'm talking about, 'cause you're not cycling fan since yesterday.
Feel free to insult whoever didn't insult you, it speaks volumes about you.

Never heard of this inconsequential race.

Certainly doesn't deserve any attention either.

Wlfdg..........I suggest that you need to calm down.

my honest to greatness opinion of The Mighty La is and will always remain, 'there can only be one.' The same goes for the very admirable Sir WIll Black.

and then there's me, of course...:D