Amazing! Lance in a break?

"Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Ernst Noch wrote:
> > I don't know if I had not told Lance to **** off on Simeoni's place,
> > and
> > explained to the other guys that I wouldn't cave in to extortion.
> >

> I would have done the same thing in Simeoni's place, except that on the

way
> back to the peloton I would try to insult Lance so as to make him lose his
> cool and hit me. Then my DS would file a protest with the race jury to try
> to get Lance DQ'd.
>
> But I'm not Simeoni.

Simeoni is not a racer the peloton wants.
I suppose you emulate that ehh Kyle?
You'd rather be hated or not liked than appreciated?

Freaking Cipo can't even stand Simeoni.

Grow up Kyle you big baby!

-Ken

Ken Papai wrote:
> "Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Ernst Noch wrote:
>>> I don't know if I had not told Lance to **** off on Simeoni's place,
>>> and
>>> explained to the other guys that I wouldn't cave in to extortion.
>>>

>> I would have done the same thing in Simeoni's place, except that on
>> the way back to the peloton I would try to insult Lance so as to
>> make him lose his cool and hit me. Then my DS would file a protest
>> with the race jury to try to get Lance DQ'd.
>>
>> But I'm not Simeoni.

> Simeoni is not a racer the peloton wants.
> I suppose you emulate that ehh Kyle?
> You'd rather be hated or not liked than appreciated?
>
> Freaking Cipo can't even stand Simeoni.
>
> Grow up Kyle you big baby!

I suspect that has more to do with Simeoni's personality than the fact that
he took the stand and told the truth about his experience with Ferrari.
Simeoni may not be a rider the peloton wants, but that's because if the lid
gets blown off the doping culture any more most of the riders will be
revealed as frauds. I suspect you don't know what the word emulate means,
but I RESPECT a rider who is willing to stand up for his principles in the
face of peer pressure. Personally, I don't give a **** if I'm liked or
hated, particularly on RBR where you're all just a bunch of words on my
screen anyway.

And it's quite amusing being called a baby by someone who's posts have all
the sophistication of an 8 year old's.

Kyle Legate wrote:
> I suspect that has more to do with Simeoni's personality than the fact
> that he took the stand and told the truth about his experience with
> Ferrari.

How do you know he told the truth about his experience with Ferrari?

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 20:30:59 +0200, "Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Ken Papai wrote:
>> "Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>>>
>>> I would have done the same thing in Simeoni's place, except that on
>>> the way back to the peloton I would try to insult Lance so as to
>>> make him lose his cool and hit me. Then my DS would file a protest
>>> with the race jury to try to get Lance DQ'd.
>>>
>>> But I'm not Simeoni.

>> Simeoni is not a racer the peloton wants.
>> I suppose you emulate that ehh Kyle?
>> You'd rather be hated or not liked than appreciated?
>>
>> Freaking Cipo can't even stand Simeoni.
>>
>> Grow up Kyle you big baby!
>>

>I suspect that has more to do with Simeoni's personality than the fact that
>he took the stand and told the truth about his experience with Ferrari.
>Simeoni may not be a rider the peloton wants, but that's because if the lid
>gets blown off the doping culture any more most of the riders will be
>revealed as frauds.

If as you allege most of the riders have doped, then it isn't a fraud, it's
simply the way things are done. That isn't a fraud and it isn't immoral. Yeah,
it would suck and should be changed, but that isn't the same thing. Get off your
high horse. Even the doped ones were better than you before they took anything.

If doping is going to end, it'll be the peloton that ends it. It won't happen by
ruining the careers of a handful of guys.

>I suspect you don't know what the word emulate means,
>but I RESPECT a rider who is willing to stand up for his principles in the
>face of peer pressure.

Ratting out an alleged collaborator is NOT standing up for your principles. It
is quite the opposite.

Ron

Kyle Legate wrote:

> I RESPECT a rider who is willing to stand up for his principles in the
> face of peer pressure.

Are you talking of his staunch principles involved with the fact that he
willingly cheated, only admitting it when faced with a two-year
suspension which would subsequently be reduced to four months after
admitting his lyin', cheatin' ways?

"RonSonic" wrote...

> If as you allege most of the riders have doped, then it isn't a fraud,

it's
> simply the way things are done. That isn't a fraud and it isn't immoral.

Yeah,
> it would suck and should be changed, but that isn't the same thing.

So the criteria for morality is whether most of [a group] participates in
something? Like if the southern United States participate in slavery it's
okay, or if the Germany people turn a blind eye to genocide within their
borders, it's not immoral?

RonSonic wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 20:30:59 +0200, "Kyle Legate"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>> I suspect that has more to do with Simeoni's personality than the
>> fact that
>> he took the stand and told the truth about his experience with
>> Ferrari. Simeoni may not be a rider the peloton wants, but that's
>> because if the lid gets blown off the doping culture any more most
>> of the riders will be
>> revealed as frauds.

> If as you allege most of the riders have doped, then it isn't a
> fraud, it's simply the way things are done. That isn't a fraud and it
> isn't immoral. Yeah, it would suck and should be changed, but that
> isn't the same thing. Get off your high horse. Even the doped ones
> were better than you before they took anything.

I have no high horse, it really doesn't matter to me whether they dope or
not. What makes them frauds is that they achieve their accomplishments while
proclaiming they are clean. If they are clean they are not frauds but it's
impossible to tell who is who. Please explain what you're trying to
accomplish by pointing out that they are better than me, even clean. That
changes nothing.

>> I suspect you don't know what the word emulate means,
>> but I RESPECT a rider who is willing to stand up for his principles
>> in the face of peer pressure.

> Ratting out an alleged collaborator is NOT standing up for your
> principles. It is quite the opposite.

You'll have to explain this also, because it makes no sense.

On second thought, don't bother. You're only krill and you'll be gone after
today anyway.

Bleet Norf wrote:
> Kyle Legate wrote:
>

>> I RESPECT a rider who is willing to stand up for his principles in
>> the face of peer pressure.

> Are you talking of his staunch principles involved with the fact that
> he willingly cheated, only admitting it when faced with a two-year
> suspension which would subsequently be reduced to four months after
> admitting his lyin', cheatin' ways?

Can a man not repent and see the error of his ways?

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 10:28:36 +0200, "Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote:

>RonSonic wrote:
>> On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 20:30:59 +0200, "Kyle Legate"
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>> I suspect that has more to do with Simeoni's personality than the
>>> fact that
>>> he took the stand and told the truth about his experience with
>>> Ferrari. Simeoni may not be a rider the peloton wants, but that's
>>> because if the lid gets blown off the doping culture any more most
>>> of the riders will be
>>> revealed as frauds.

>> If as you allege most of the riders have doped, then it isn't a
>> fraud, it's simply the way things are done. That isn't a fraud and it
>> isn't immoral. Yeah, it would suck and should be changed, but that
>> isn't the same thing. Get off your high horse. Even the doped ones
>> were better than you before they took anything.
>>

>I have no high horse, it really doesn't matter to me whether they dope or
>not. What makes them frauds is that they achieve their accomplishments while
>proclaiming they are clean. If they are clean they are not frauds but it's
>impossible to tell who is who. Please explain what you're trying to
>accomplish by pointing out that they are better than me, even clean. That
>changes nothing.

Good for you then. There seems to be the sound of sour grapes in a lot of the
anti-doping rant.

My empathies are with the guys trying to accomplish something great in their
racing. It's the moral tone I object to. These guys aren't frauds they are
driven, competitive and perhaps a bit desperate. That isn't dishonest. It should
be a level playing field that gives no advantage to those willing to cheat more
or endanger their health more. I feel bad for the ones who find that they're
expected to dope to compete. None of it makes them frauds, just guys trying to
compete and live in what is often a dirty world.

>>> I suspect you don't know what the word emulate means,
>>> but I RESPECT a rider who is willing to stand up for his principles
>>> in the face of peer pressure.

>> Ratting out an alleged collaborator is NOT standing up for your
>> principles. It is quite the opposite.
>>

>You'll have to explain this also, because it makes no sense.

Simeoni got busted. He started talking to spread the blame around to get a
lighter sentence. That is not principled, not by any measure. He has accused a
doctor of giving him advice and this accusation has been blown into something
far greater than what was actually said - again principle has nothing to do with
it. This exaggerated accusation has been taken as being damning of almost every
rider out there. Still nothing to see as principled.

>On second thought, don't bother. You're only krill and you'll be gone after
>today anyway.

Admittedly I'm new to this group, but not to the sport. You'll have to work
harder to get rid of me.

Ron

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 10:29:49 +0200, "Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Bleet Norf wrote:
>> Kyle Legate wrote:
>>

>>> I RESPECT a rider who is willing to stand up for his principles in
>>> the face of peer pressure.

>> Are you talking of his staunch principles involved with the fact that
>> he willingly cheated, only admitting it when faced with a two-year
>> suspension which would subsequently be reduced to four months after
>> admitting his lyin', cheatin' ways?
>>

>Can a man not repent and see the error of his ways?

Can he not do it without accusing / blaming others

Ron

RonSonic wrote:

> Simeoni got busted. He started talking to spread the blame around to get a
> lighter sentence. That is not principled, not by any measure. He has accused a
> doctor of giving him advice and this accusation has been blown into something
> far greater than what was actually said - again principle has nothing to do with
> it. This exaggerated accusation has been taken as being damning of almost every
> rider out there. Still nothing to see as principled.

"started talking to spread around the blame", "exaggerated" ...
How the **** do you know that?

Kyle Legate wrote:

> Bleet Norf wrote:
>
>>Kyle Legate wrote:
>>

>>>I RESPECT a rider who is willing to stand up for his principles in
>>>the face of peer pressure.

>>Are you talking of his staunch principles involved with the fact that
>>he willingly cheated, only admitting it when faced with a two-year
>>suspension which would subsequently be reduced to four months after
>>admitting his lyin', cheatin' ways?
>>

> Can a man not repent and see the error of his ways?

Well, his testimony contradicts that of other riders - so someone's
lying. Probably a little early to start annointing Simeoni with terms
like "principled" and "repentant".