Amazingly stupid cyclists

Mr. Beanz

Aug 18, 2015
This thread is in honor of all the incredibly stupid cyclists out there willing to gamble with their lives just to beat a car across a road running red lights. Soooo many stupid driver threads on various cycling forums so I actually get disturbed when I see cyclist doing stupid stuff that could cost them their lives.

Tonight, I'm driving on a major avenue, divided avenue with a speed limit of 45. I am doing 45, I don't speed. But I am approaching a bike trail that crosses this avenue. But it is a trail where the cyclist must stop at the stop, push the cross button to get a green light before proceeding.

Tonight, I'm approaching the bike crossing with a green light. I see a cyclist approaching from my right that will have to stop and wait for a green light before he crosses. But I see him looking my way and notice he starts to speed up. What a freaking idiot, he's going to race me to the intersection.

Sure enough, he blows the red light looking my way standing on the pedals looking for more speed to beat me across. Again, I have the green light and he literally has a red light, actual red light.

Amazing how stupid some cyclists are! Now let's say I hit this idiot, I'm betting some other idiot on a cycling forum would blame the driver automatically. People need to wake up!

Yes, as he crossed in front of me, I laid on my horn! He looked over kind of frightened and startled. Yes, the idiot deserved it and hopefully he learns a lesson but I doubt it. I've seen too many idiots on bikes blowing stop LIGHTS.

I was having a good time riding with a club. But after a few weeks, I noticed the behavior of a few riders blowing stop lights. Timing and making their way through cars at intersections to get ahead of the group. FTR, these are cyclists that at one time early in the ride were at the front of the group trying to look like heroes. They fade, then fall back about 10-15 riders. The group approaches a stop light at an intersection. Instead of stopping in order, they weave their way through the cyclists at the front at the stop, then blow the red lights for a little head start so that they can once again claim they were at the front of the group.

Wow, what a bunch on nonsense! Cyclists need to wake up!

Most cyclists do that **** on purpose, they know where the cars are when they cross in front of them, that's why they flip off the motorists whenever they blow their horns at them for breaking laws or doing a dangerous maneuver in front of them that could have killed the cyclist if the motorist didn't slam on their brakes to prevent it. I guess that's what these moronic cyclists count on, is that the motorist will do anything to keep from killing them.

The worst thing that ever happened to us is one time Gina was driving. 4 way stop, 5 to 10 cars deep each direction. 2 lanes coming down from the left at a 4% grade. Gina made her stop then proceeded at her turn. In a flash, a cyclist blew the stop between 2 lines of cars heading south, between them at about 25 mph. Gina was half way across the first 2 lanes when the idiot came out flying between the cars and almost took out the front of our car.

What an idiot, could have been killed but more importantly, would have involved us in an accident for no reason other than his stupidity. He could have died for all I care because of his own actions but he would have left us with an insurance deductible for car repairs.

Makes me wonder if this idiot is still alive. If I had been driving, I would have followed him and cussed him out!

stop.jpg

That's just it, these idiots expect us to be scared to hit them, so we'll slam on our brakes to prevent hitting them and having their lives on our conscious forever...except for one small thing, I killed a drunk driver when he ran out past a stop sign into the path of my car which went through his driver's door, he died right away, guess what? It didn't bother my conscious at all! So if some idiot cyclist runs a stop and I kill him, well guess what? it won't bother me at all! I'll feel worse about his immediate family, but if a person is being that stupid with their life, well, they had to know they were taking a risk. Sort of like the those Mount Everest climbers, they take a 25% chance of dying when they climb that mountain, but they do it anyway knowing they could very well die, and so it is with these moronic cyclists, so if they don't feel bad about taking the risks of dying then we as motorists shouldn't feel bad if we kill them, just as the Sherpas don't feel bad when a mountain climber dies.

I know that sounds cold, and don't get me wrong, I will continue to try to avoid killing them, but if I ever do, I'm not going to feel bad about it, just like I didn't feel bad when I killed that drunk, I tried to take evasive action but it wasn't enough and he paid the price for getting drunk and getting behind the wheel.

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
That's just it, these idiots expect us to be scared to hit them, so we'll slam on our brakes to prevent hitting them and having their lives on our conscious forever...except for one small thing, I killed a drunk driver when he ran out past a stop sign into the path of my car which went through his driver's door, he died right away, guess what? It didn't bother my conscious at all! So if some idiot cyclist runs a stop and I kill him, well guess what? it won't bother me at all! I'll feel worse about his immediate family, but if a person is being that stupid with their life, well, they had to know they were taking a risk. Sort of like the those Mount Everest climbers, they take a 25% chance of dying when they climb that mountain, but they do it anyway knowing they could very well die, and so it is with these moronic cyclists, so if they don't feel bad about taking the risks of dying then we as motorists shouldn't feel bad if we kill them, just as the Sherpas don't feel bad when a mountain climber dies.

I know that sounds cold, and don't get me wrong, I will continue to try to avoid killing them, but if I ever do, I'm not going to feel bad about it, just like I didn't feel bad when I killed that drunk, I tried to take evasive action but it wasn't enough and he paid the price for getting drunk and getting behind the wheel.

I understand what you mean. Nobody wants to feel responsible for another idiot's choice. I might know it was his fault and like you said, he set himself up for it, but the restoration to normal would bother me. Fixing my car, explaining to his family that he was an idiot etc.

I understand what you mean. Nobody wants to feel responsible for another idiot's choice. I might know it was his fault and like you said, he set himself up for it, but the restoration to normal would bother me. Fixing my car, explaining to his family that he was an idiot etc.

You NEVER EVER talk to the family of an accident victim; I never saw, spoke one word, or wrote one word to the family that drunk driver left behind. If I was at fault I would feel obligated to apologize and express my remorse, but it wasn't my fault, they never saw me, or spoke one word, or wrote one word to say they were sorry for their husband/dad for injuring me! Quite frankly I wasn't expecting them to.

Restoration to normal isn't about psychological restoration unless you can't handle what happened, and then the financial burden of obtaining that help is on the insurance company. Restoration of a vehicle is in the hands of the insurance company; restoration of any physical injuries you might have (highly unlikely involving a cyclist) is in the hands of the insurance company. For me restoring to normal didn't bother me, the physical pain I suffered, and still suffer, from that accident bothers me physically, but not mentally; but everything else is normal; my car was destroyed and that was restored.

Maybe I'm weird, I don't know, but when someone does something stupid towards me and they have to pay for those actions, it doesn't bother me the least bit. I found out I had that mental make up when I was attacked one night when I was 20 or 21 years old by 4 gang bangers. I was into real martial arts, not the dancing **** taught in most martial arts schools!, one of the attackers hit my head with a crowbar, that's when I exploded and severely broke a guys neck with what is known as a leopard hand strike in Kung fu but I wasn't taught Kung Fu, I was taught Goju Ryu with a mix of American Boxing and a bit of Aikido (not a real good style for street fighting but there are a few aspects that are useful when blended with other stuff as I was taught), so instead of the more weird arched hand placement of the Kung fu style my strike was more in the form of what a boxer would use with closed fist, difficult to explain without showing you; and severely inverted another guys knee with a foot kick we called a push kick which is using a lot of power to drive the foot into the knew, potentially very crippling, both went down within a 1/2 of a second of each other while the other 2 took off running! Did I care when I heard the one guy making nasty noises trying to breathe? No!, did I care the other guy was on the ground screaming in pain? no! When the cops arrived did they care that I did that to them? NO!! The only people that cared were the paramedics who had to come to save the life of the one guy, and transport them both to the hospital, but they get paid to care. I also got a ride to the hospital in a police car to have stitches put in my head and be checked for a concussion which was negative. I saw the guy that I broke the knee on about 3 or 4 years later walking down the street in the city where I lived and the occurrence of the fight, he was with 4 other guys, when I saw him I immediately turned around and grabbed my wife and we left, not sure if he would even recognize me, but I didn't want another confrontation; anyway that guy was using a cane to walk with because his knee was not working! I never heard what happened to the neck guy, I know they had to put an emergency airway puncture somewhere in his throat to bypass the damage so he could breathe, then last I heard was when I was at the hospital they were doing surgery to enable him to breath. I was taught one on one in private for 7 years, not in a classroom situation, never learned katas, just learned how to maim and kill as fast as possible.

It's kind of weird knowing that stuff, even 40 years after I took those lessons I ran into a situation where some guy decided to bother me while my wife and I were on a cruise, she had gone back to her room to sleep and I went to the cabanas to enjoy the night air on the sea when this 20 something girl came up to me while I had dozed off and grabbed my foot hard, my leg automatically kicked her hand sending a beer glass flying and I shot out of the cabana about to hit her when I realized it was female, and I maintained myself. She starts screaming I kicked her, all I said to her was she needs to leave, she says I kicked her again except this time she's looking to my left, when I turn around there's this 20 something gym rat dude standing there and he asks me if I kicked her, I tell him the same thing I told her, you need to leave, instead of leaving he takes a haymaker punch at me, which he telegraphed really well, so I stepped in closer to him at the same time I blocked that punch with my left arm and decked him with my right elbow to the chin snapping his head back and he just crumbles to the deck screaming, she starts screaming too, so I quickly left not before I noticed blood oozing out onto the deck from his mouth. I had a wide brim hat on so I just lowered my head when I left so deck side cameras couldn't see my face. Never heard anything about that. I found out about a year later that fights on cruises are not uncommon! They've actually had fights where one or two or more would take someone and toss them overboard, and nobody knows what happened or where it happened to go look for them! They get drunk and get stupid on the high seas, and it always happens late at night of course when there are very few people out on the decks. So I'll never go out on deck like that again late at night to enjoy myself. But the weird thing was, my attack on that guy came automatically and it literally shocked me when it happened, I didn't even think about it, it just happened, weird after 40 some odd years of never practicing it or using it. I never told my wife what happened, I didn't want to spoil her cruise or her memory of what a great time that cruise was.

Sorry for rambling, just bored I guess, and wanted to bore someone else! LOL!!

Another reminder of how stupid cyclists are, on Saturday's ride.

At one point we are on the trail, 3 of us, hard to miss. One cyclists is on the opposite side of the trail in a dirt lot type area. As we approach, I see him to my left, he's entering the trail, crosses over the first lane then into our lane without even taking a glance back to see if someone is approaching. He cuts off our first rider and good thing we are aware of our surroundings. So a few seconds later, the idiot looks back and sees us so he speeds up like he's going somewhere. A minute later, we have to pass him and he's riding the center line. We are shouting out but he maintains his position and there is one rider approaching from the opposite direction. So we all have to slow our pace because the moron is an inconsiderate jerk, then pass when we are clear. Of course the dope has on earbuds and has no clue how to ride so that others can pass safely. Then as we pass the guy, he hops on our wheel. Other than safety, these morons bother me personally. No consideration for any of the others, has no clue how to ride safely, then they think you're friends when you pass them. Now they want consideration from others.

That is idiot #1

Capture101.JPG

Then idiot #2. We catch the guy on Pacific Coast Hwy. Busy as all heck on the road! This moron thinks he should be ahead of us. So every light and stop, about 10 of them, he runs between cars, or turns right then squeezes between stopped cars to get across to stay ahead. Obviously the 3 of us are going at a faster rate but once he drafted us for about 1 mile, he decides he wants to "beat us".

Of course 2 or 3 miles down the road, even with the stupid moves at the intersections, we pass him on a long stretch like he's standing still. Looking back at us in defeat. I felt like saying something to him about his life risking moves trying to win a race that wasn't there.

And yes, after the people crossed here, he ran between cars to get a head start. After he drafted us for a time then rolled around to the front as we were stopping.

Too many idiots on the road. Surprised there aren't more bike accidents then there are here on PCH. Quite a few have been killed, why add to the stats? At least the other idiot would have only taken down a rider or two. This idiot was risking getting hit by a car.

Capture102.JPG

Another reminder of how stupid cyclists are, on Saturday's ride.

At one point we are on the trail, 3 of us, hard to miss. One cyclists is on the opposite side of the trail in a dirt lot type area. As we approach, I see him to my left, he's entering the trail, crosses over the first lane then into our lane without even taking a glance back to see if someone is approaching. He cuts off our first rider and good thing we are aware of our surroundings. So a few seconds later, the idiot looks back and sees us so he speeds up like he's going somewhere. A minute later, we have to pass him and he's riding the center line. We are shouting out but he maintains his position and there is one rider approaching from the opposite direction. So we all have to slow our pace because the moron is an inconsiderate jerk, then pass when we are clear. Of course the dope has on earbuds and has no clue how to ride so that others can pass safely. Then as we pass the guy, he hops on our wheel. Other than safety, these morons bother me personally. No consideration for any of the others, has no clue how to ride safely, then they think you're friends when you pass them. Now they want consideration from others.

That is idiot #1

View attachment 4855

Then idiot #2. We catch the guy on Pacific Coast Hwy. Busy as all heck on the road! This moron thinks he should be ahead of us. So every light and stop, about 10 of them, he runs between cars, or turns right then squeezes between stopped cars to get across to stay ahead. Obviously the 3 of us are going at a faster rate but once he drafted us for about 1 mile, he decides he wants to "beat us".

Of course 2 or 3 miles down the road, even with the stupid moves at the intersections, we pass him on a long stretch like he's standing still. Looking back at us in defeat. I felt like saying something to him about his life risking moves trying to win a race that wasn't there.

And yes, after the people crossed here, he ran between cars to get a head start. After he drafted us for a time then rolled around to the front as we were stopping.

Too many idiots on the road. Surprised there aren't more bike accidents then there are here on PCH. Quite a few have been killed, why add to the stats? At least the other idiot would have only taken down a rider or two. This idiot was risking getting hit by a car.

View attachment 4856
Jumping the queue at a light to get ahead only proves that you’re kinda stupid as well as slow.

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
Those pics don't show anything I consider to be unusual.

The guy in the first pic is after you passed him and he's riding along just fine, its a bike path and so you need to pass on the left as you did, not sure why you are getting so excited by that, if you want to go fast then stay off the bike path, people on bike paths tend to ride slower anyways.

The guy in the second pic again I see nothing wrong, if anything if you didn't want him to pass you like then you should have put your bike on the white line as he did.

What's going on really Mr. Beanz? You seem grumpy, are you ok? have some stress going on in your life right now? Is the Covid thing getting too much for you to handle? Is something else getting to you? Let people be people, you are not king and ruler over the bike path, slow down, and smell the flowers before you push up flowers from stress.

Reactions: Erok32

The guy in the first pic is after you passed him and he's riding along just fine, its a bike path and so you need to pass on the left as you did, not sure why you are getting so excited by that, if you want to go fast then stay off the bike path, people on bike paths tend to ride slower anyways.

The guy in the second pic again I see nothing wrong, if anything if you didn't want him to pass you like then you should have put your bike on the white line as he did.

What's going on really Mr. Beanz? You seem grumpy, are you ok? have some stress going on in your life right now? Is the Covid thing getting too much for you to handle? Is something else getting to you? Let people be people, you are not king and ruler over the bike path, slow down, and smell the flowers before you push up flowers from stress.

I’m a fairly new member and I can already tell that Mr. Beanz posts will give me a perpetual headache.

You're right, I guess there is nothing wrong if you read by pics! :D

Not sure where you get the idea I was after speed. Funny, the other guy got it! Are you drunk again?! :p

Oh, and the guy who was concerned about speed was out on the road, the second pic. Not to mention the thing the first guy did, it wouldn't matter what speed we were doing, he could have hurt anybody at any speed. You sure you aren't drunk?

Last edited:
I’m a fairly new member and I can already tell that Mr. Beanz posts will give me a perpetual headache.

Another confused person. Joining in 2011 doesn't make you fairly new. Wow, you guys have some crooked heads on!

Oh and talk about stupid! Tonight I stopped at a red light intersection. The light heading across turned red but some idiot on a e-bike flew through the intersection on a red and almost got smacked by a car starting a right turn as he blew in front of 3 cars. the guy had no lights and was pretty much a dark shadow blowing the red light. Wow! AN e bike, with NO lights?! :confused:

I see several cars on the road but the biggest danger to cyclists, is the cyclist himself from what I see.

I myself ran across 3 red lights that I probably could have crossed without getting hit but I ain't stupid. Better to stop suddenly than risk my life for a 3 minute stop.

This last year there has been a slow evolving change in Mr Beanz's personality on this forum, which makes me wonder if he's ok.

This last year there has been a slow evolving change in Mr Beanz's personality on this forum, which makes me wonder if he's ok.

Really? I post a lot of rides, birthdays, anything to keep the forum going, bike parts, go pro parts, I don't see any changes because I have always posted here and on other forums about stupid riders. Heck, it's my thing to say I am not anti cyclist, I am anti stupid. I've said it many times on several bike forums. :cool:

Still not sure what that has to do with you reading by pictures and totally misunderstanding my post.

Mr. Beanz, it's just been your attitude this last year, it has nothing to do with you being stupid because your not, it's just been a grumpier you. So I'm not misunderstanding you, others here felt the same way I have, so it's not just me. You and I have gotten along together for quite some time, and I haven't said anything before because I am trying to leave you be hoping it was just a short term thing and you would come back to being yourself, but that hasn't happened.

Now you can get mad and puff out your chest, but that won't fix the problem, you need to relax a bit. If something has been eating at you this last year then get some counseling. I do know a lot of people are on edge over this C19 ****, maybe that's it? or something more personal? I don't know, but try to fix it so we can have the old Mr Beanz back.

Mr. Beanz, it's just been your attitude this last year, it has nothing to do with you being stupid because your not, it's just been a grumpier you. So I'm not misunderstanding you, others here felt the same way I have, so it's not just me. You and I have gotten along together for quite some time, and I haven't said anything before because I am trying to leave you be hoping it was just a short term thing and you would come back to being yourself, but that hasn't happened.

Now you can get mad and puff out your chest, but that won't fix the problem, you need to relax a bit. If something has been eating at you this last year then get some counseling. I do know a lot of people are on edge over this C19 ****, maybe that's it? or something more personal? I don't know, but try to fix it so we can have the old Mr Beanz back.

Puff my chest? Wow, you are too much! :D

Let me see, I have a step son that has been a thorn in my side for 20 years who cost us a bundle couple years back. This flares up once in a while then I take care of business my way and show them (he and his drunk ass wife) that I control my life and tell them to go F themselves. I deal with them maybe once a year to put them in their place.

I get tired of fake profiles on instagram asking me personal questions, irritating people!

Other than that, I was able to retire 1.5 years ago and collect my check, no BS in my life, spend my time trying to learn how to play my guitar, buy bike stuff online, make videos and buy stuff for my go pros. Play with my camera, edit pics, and play on cycling forums. My biggest worry is when will I feel like installing the new brake pads on my bike. :p

I'm the heir for a $600,000 house that I live in, have no bills, truck is paid for, no credit cards, no debt, and I live a pretty sweet life. So don't worry about me.

If you think I haven't been myself, then you really don't know me. Ask anybody from the other forums I have joined since 2002. I'm actually getting soft in my old age! :D

Ok Mr. Beanz, as I said before I like you so I won't press this issue anymore with you. Let's be cool with each other and move in that direction.

Ok Mr. Beanz, as I said before I like you so I won't press this issue anymore with you. Let's be cool with each other and move in that direction.

Ha ha ha, there is no issue to press. What I see here is that you replied with some off the wall comments after reading by pictures. You made yourself look silly so you made a cheap attempt to deflect the attention onto me creating issues that were not there.

You can press these issues all you want, fact is that I live a pretty sweet carefree life. Really strange that I have no issues with posters other than the guy above who posts 10 times in 11 years. Obviously a puppet that is used to comment when it is convenient to have a second opinion. Now this type of person is the one with psychological problems.

Also, if you look back at our history, I'm pretty sure I have no problems with posters. I don't like stupid dangerous cyclists and post anti idiot threads because I get so fed up with reading "dangerous driver" threads when 50% of the problems I have seen in real life, are the fault of the cyclists.

But you have it out just about every time CyclingTom posts. I've neve had an issue with him. The way I see it, you're the guy with the anger issues ha ha!

So you can press on all you like, I'm here to present my side of any issue that you can create in you imagination.

I ride my bike more than I have in a few years, I have all the bike stuff I want, no bills, buy toys that entertain me when I want. So go ahead, press the issue if you like because your imagination has created them. Like I said, everybody has a disagreement with a friend, a family member, a stranger, or even a forum poster. Not sure what you have created in you head, but you seem to be a little off.

I appreciate your posts other than the times you go off arguing and going out of your way to find a way to prove CyclingTom wrong. Seems to me you have issues yourself.

But if you create this issue thing with me because you won't own up to your silly off the wall, nothing to do with my posts, then that seems to be one of your lack of ability to own up to your own mistakes.

But feel free to press on creating imaginary issues in my life. That will give me a chance to make up a few issues dealing with your life in return.

Again, I think your nonsense posts are just a cheap attempt to deflect the attention back onto me after your totally irrelevant replies above. :rolleyes:

But go ahead, feel free to press the issue you've created, you'll get nowhere other than making yourself look silly digging and attacking the personal lives of others. Lives that I am sure is far more enjoyable than most here. There is a reason I can post my picture, tell my stories and feel secure about it on several forums. If I really had a sad life, I wouldn't put myself out there. You don't, maybe you have the issues ha ha!

Look, here is a guy with no real issues. Good happy relaxed life. Like I said, I enjoy my time, play with my toys all day then when the evening comes, I walk around the mall to chill out with my wife. Drink a little coffee, drop into Macy's the check out the sales, say hi to our friends there who we have known for several years. I have a good life, have a great wife that cycles, caters to me, and have a great sex life.

So this is me, showing myself with no problem. Let us see a pic of you enjoying your life. I'm not so sure you can but even so, I wouldn't dig into your personal life.

But this is me, us, you see problems with me enjoying my wife's company day after day? I have it good so you really should stop creating imaginary issues for yourself rather than owning up to your own issues. ;) Press on buddy, I have all day to prove you wrong!

125559148_4882171318521994_4515039157967795906_o.jpg

Last edited: