AMB-ID '05 Campsite Proposal Location and Date

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> You should see what some of these people bring to our BIMPING trips.
> They have queen size air mattresses, portable generators. Ack!
> That's not camping.

Anyone who brings a generator camping should be drawn and quartered.

Penny

"small change" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>> You should see what some of these people bring to our BIMPING trips.
>> They have queen size air mattresses, portable generators. Ack!
>> That's not camping.
>>

> Anyone who brings a generator camping should be drawn and quartered.
>
> Penny

Then slow roasted over an open fire for dinner?

When I was single, my idea of camping was to quickly fill a cooler, grab the
box of junk and head out in the old pickup for as far away as I could easily
get. then hoof it in, or not. Why didn't I think to hire a guide service?

CDB

Paladin wrote:
> "GeeDubb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>>> 2. .....Not that I think camping and biking 40 miles a day is a
>>> vacation.

>> Damn Mitch, I believe you need to re-think your priorities.<g>
>>
>> What I'd give for a vacation like that.
>>
>> Gary (salivating)

> Now you need to get a vision for Idaho back country epics. We'll
> take a 16 mile ride and turn it into an all day affair, complete with
> breaks, swimming, showing off, loafing, eating, more swimming, more
> loafing, sweeping the stragglers, bragging. Eating. And Riding.
>
> Last year was a bit of an exception where we tacked on an optional 10 mi
> bonus that only a couple idiots bit off.
>
> CDB

I'm .....almost.....there!

Sounds like a great time. I'm trying to figure out what to do with the
family during all this as they don't or aren't old enough yet to do the
riding. I'd leave them at home but I think that would be suicidel........

Gary

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 09:11:56 -0700, Paladin wrote:

> "GeeDubb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> What I'd give for a vacation like that.
>>
>> Gary (salivating)

> Now you need to get a vision for Idaho back country epics. We'll take a 16
> mile ride and turn it into an all day affair, complete with breaks,
> swimming, showing off, loafing, eating, more swimming, more loafing,
> sweeping the stragglers, bragging. Eating. And Riding.

Hey, don't forget the eating!!! :)

Adam cooked a mess of eggs and bacon for breakfast; all the treats
everyone brought for lunch; I don't remember what we had for dinner but
it involved ice cream. YUM.

gabrielle

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> City
> folk don't adapt well to the country. I think it's a security thing.

> They just don't feel secure being on their own.

Then they don't belong on a mountain bike in the backcountry at all.

JD

JD wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>> City
>> folk don't adapt well to the country. I think it's a security thing.

>> They just don't feel secure being on their own.

> Then they don't belong on a mountain bike in the backcountry at all.
>
> JD

They;'ll be ok if they bring their cell phones.

Someone might want to inform them there's no connection signal though!!

penny

JD wrote:

> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>
>>City
>>folk don't adapt well to the country. I think it's a security thing.

>>They just don't feel secure being on their own.

> Then they don't belong on a mountain bike in the backcountry at all.
>
> JD

I don't disagree there. At least I'm willing to try it.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

small change wrote:
> JD wrote:
> > Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> >> City
> >> folk don't adapt well to the country. I think it's a security

thing.

> >> They just don't feel secure being on their own.

> > Then they don't belong on a mountain bike in the backcountry at

all.

> > JD

> They;'ll be ok if they bring their cell phones.
>
> Someone might want to inform them there's no connection signal

though!!

Fer sher. Just to rub it in, I'm headed to the Santa Ana
Mountains(sic) in a few minutes to enjoy the 70 degree weather on my
bike.

JD

"Ride-A-Lot" <"mitchel[nospam]"@schnauzers.ws> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> JD wrote:
>
>> Ride-A-Lot wrote:>> Then they don't belong on a mountain bike in the
>> backcountry at all.
>>
>> JD
>>

> I don't disagree there. At least I'm willing to try it.
>
> --
> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
> www.schnauzers.ws

Any bloke that's gonna ride the Copper Canyon gets my respect.

CDB

> small change wrote:
>> JD wrote:

> thing.

>> > Then they don't belong on a mountain bike in the backcountry at

> all.
>> >
>> > JD

>> They;'ll be ok if they bring their cell phones.
>>
>> Someone might want to inform them there's no connection signal

> though!!
>

> Fer sher. Just to rub it in, I'm headed to the Santa Ana
> Mountains(sic) in a few minutes to enjoy the 70 degree weather on my
> bike.
>
> JD

JD, you picked a prefect time to come back to SoCal. This has been the best
year for clear skies and green hills. I was in Big Santa Ana Canyon this
weekend on the Gabrielino Trail to Sturtevant Falls...lots of water in the
falls and great riding on Winter Creek Trail.

Dean

"Dean A. Stepper" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> small change wrote:

>> thing.

>> all.

>>> They;'ll be ok if they bring their cell phones.
>>>
>>> Someone might want to inform them there's no connection signal

>> though!!
>>

>> Fer sher. Just to rub it in, I'm headed to the Santa Ana
>> Mountains(sic) in a few minutes to enjoy the 70 degree weather on my
>> bike.
>>
>> JD
>>

> JD, you picked a prefect time to come back to SoCal. This has been the
> best year for clear skies and green hills. I was in Big Santa Ana Canyon
> this weekend on the Gabrielino Trail to Sturtevant Falls...lots of water
> in the falls and great riding on Winter Creek Trail.
>
> Dean

Sorry that was Santa Anita Canyon.

Dean A. Stepper wrote:
> JD, you picked a prefect time to come back to SoCal. This has been

the best
> year for clear skies and green hills. I was in Big Santa Ana Canyon

this
> weekend on the Gabrielino Trail to Sturtevant Falls...lots of water

in the
> falls and great riding on Winter Creek Trail.
>
> Dean

I figured Santa Anita because of the Gabrielino being named. It is
rather nice to wear a sleeveless jersey in February. I did however,
pick up a tick yesterday on my ride. I rode an out and back to the
Divide on a doubletrack/singletrack mix that was rather fun. Funny,
someone in mtbr called that singletrack "technical", whereas I found it
very a-technical on a rigis singlespeed. Some people's kids...

JD

Ack! Lodging won out among the masses. I'm kinda bummed. The trip is
being planned for the first week in September in Sun Valley. I sure
hope there's good riding there to make up for the lack of remoteness.
It won't be a tour company, so any help would be appreciated.

I'm still trying to see if I could finnagle a way to put one over on the
wife and family for the AMB meet.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot" <"mitchel[nospam] wrote:
> Ack! Lodging won out among the masses. I'm kinda bummed. The trip
> is being planned for the first week in September in Sun Valley. I
> sure hope there's good riding there to make up for the lack of
> remoteness. It won't be a tour company, so any help would be
> appreciated.
> I'm still trying to see if I could finnagle a way to put one over on
> the wife and family for the AMB meet.

um, tell her it's another business trip. Her boyfriend won't mind.

Gary <g>

GeeDubb wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot" <"mitchel[nospam] wrote:
>
>>Ack! Lodging won out among the masses. I'm kinda bummed. The trip
>>is being planned for the first week in September in Sun Valley. I
>>sure hope there's good riding there to make up for the lack of
>>remoteness. It won't be a tour company, so any help would be
>>appreciated.
>>I'm still trying to see if I could finnagle a way to put one over on
>>the wife and family for the AMB meet.

> um, tell her it's another business trip. Her boyfriend won't mind.
>
> Gary <g>

Ha! I wish she had a boyfriend, then she would leave me the hell alone!
These business trips are starting to cause problems. Her Mother
thinks I am having an affair. Came right out and asked me. I said, yeh
I am. I ride her every chance I get. She didn't get the joke.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot" <"mitchel[nospam] wrote:
> GeeDubb wrote:
>> Ride-A-Lot" <"mitchel[nospam] wrote:
>>
>>> Ack! Lodging won out among the masses. I'm kinda bummed. The trip
>>> is being planned for the first week in September in Sun Valley. I
>>> sure hope there's good riding there to make up for the lack of
>>> remoteness. It won't be a tour company, so any help would be
>>> appreciated.
>>> I'm still trying to see if I could finnagle a way to put one over on
>>> the wife and family for the AMB meet.

>> um, tell her it's another business trip. Her boyfriend won't mind.
>>
>> Gary <g>
>>

> Ha! I wish she had a boyfriend, then she would leave me the hell
> alone! These business trips are starting to cause problems. Her
> Mother thinks I am having an affair. Came right out and asked me. I
> said,
> yeh I am. I ride her every chance I get. She didn't get the joke.

Now you have a couple of 'hers' to ride, what the heck is she going to think
now? I guess you could have a ride in every city you go to. Yes, that's
it!

I just learned my kids will already be in school the first week of August.
That might just get me up to Idaho w/o them (and the added responsibility of
entertaining them).

I wish they were older so they could ride. I suppose it will be here soon
enough!

Gary

Ride-A-Lot" <"mitchel[nospam] wrote:
> Ack! Lodging won out among the masses. I'm kinda bummed. The trip
> is being planned for the first week in September in Sun Valley. I
> sure hope there's good riding there to make up for the lack of
> remoteness. It won't be a tour company, so any help would be
> appreciated.

At the rate our weather is going, you'd better hope the forests are not
closed due to extreme fire hazard. I went riding today in short sleeves. 55
degrees.... on Feb 2. Too freaking weird.

Penny

GeeDubb wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot" <"mitchel[nospam] wrote:
>> GeeDubb wrote:

>>> um, tell her it's another business trip. Her boyfriend won't mind.
>>>
>>> Gary <g>
>>>

>> Ha! I wish she had a boyfriend, then she would leave me the hell
>> alone! These business trips are starting to cause problems. Her
>> Mother thinks I am having an affair. Came right out and asked me. I
>> said,
>> yeh I am. I ride her every chance I get. She didn't get the joke.

> Now you have a couple of 'hers' to ride, what the heck is she going
> to think now? I guess you could have a ride in every city you go to.
> Yes, that's it!
>
> I just learned my kids will already be in school the first week of
> August. That might just get me up to Idaho w/o them (and the added
> responsibility of entertaining them).
>
> I wish they were older so they could ride. I suppose it will be here
> soon enough!
>
> Gary

Gary, you pay the girls to babysit while you ride...

small change wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot" <"mitchel[nospam] wrote:
>
>>Ack! Lodging won out among the masses. I'm kinda bummed. The trip
>>is being planned for the first week in September in Sun Valley. I
>>sure hope there's good riding there to make up for the lack of
>>remoteness. It won't be a tour company, so any help would be
>>appreciated.
>>

> At the rate our weather is going, you'd better hope the forests are not
> closed due to extreme fire hazard. I went riding today in short sleeves. 55
> degrees.... on Feb 2. Too freaking weird.
>
> Penny

And you're complaining?

I found them some lodging in McCall. At least it's a bit more remote
and less expensive than Sun Valley.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot" <"mitchel[nospam] wrote:
> small change wrote:
>> Ride-A-Lot" <"mitchel[nospam] wrote:
>>
>>> Ack! Lodging won out among the masses. I'm kinda bummed. The trip
>>> is being planned for the first week in September in Sun Valley. I
>>> sure hope there's good riding there to make up for the lack of
>>> remoteness. It won't be a tour company, so any help would be
>>> appreciated.
>>>

>> At the rate our weather is going, you'd better hope the forests are
>> not closed due to extreme fire hazard. I went riding today in short
>> sleeves. 55 degrees.... on Feb 2. Too freaking weird.
>>
>> Penny
>>

> And you're complaining?

dam strait we'll all be complaining when we are in a major drought
situation. The forests will close, the rivers will be too low to run...
there is only one ski area in all of the state of WA that is open right now.

> I found them some lodging in McCall. At least it's a bit more remote
> and less expensive than Sun Valley.

Would you quit saying remote in reference to towns that have cable TV and
espresso? Now, Warren, Yellow Pine... that's remote.

Penny