Amber Flasher locations?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Joshua Goldberg, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. Anyone know where I can purchase 12 LED Amber Strobe/Flashers. They (were) made by Ray-O-Vac and
    retailed in stores like Target & Wal Mart for around $10.00 (last Summer). Ray-O-Vac has
    discontinued selling them and none of the stores who used to stock them have them and obviously
    won't/can't re-order something discontinued. I'd prefer a store who accepts On-line ordering. Anyone
    know of such a store?

    Tags:

  2. Jerry Rhodes

    Jerry Rhodes Guest

  3. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Joshua Goldberg wrote:

    > Anyone know where I can purchase 12 LED Amber Strobe/Flashers. They (were) made by Ray-O-Vac...

    The hyphens were dropped and Ray-o-Vac became Rayovac when it was purchased in the early 1980's.

    Tom Sherman - Former Rayovac employee Quad Cities USA (Illinois side)

  4. Thanyou I bookmarked the site and will email them after the 4th of July. Note: no prices at all on
    their lighting pages.
    *****************************
    "Jerry Rhodes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Anyone know where I can purchase 12 LED Amber Strobe/Flashers.<
    >
    > You have only to ask.............
    >
    > try this: http://www.wixtools.com/html/catalog_2.html
    >
    > I use the red one and I won't leave home without it.
    >

    > Jerry

  5. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On 27 Jun 2003 16:16:10 -0700, [email protected] (Jerry Rhodes) wrote:

    >You have only to ask............. try this: http://www.wixtools.com/html/catalog_2.html

    That looks identical to the RealLITE available from the Great One at http://www.harriscyclery.com

    Guy
    ===

  6. No...those are the 18 LED units & I sell them myself. What I needed was the Rayovac 12 LED Amber
    flasher. Rayovac has discontinued the Amber 12, but some stores still have them as "dead stock".
    Amber stobes are used for the (sides) of the bent. Several companies make the Amber lens flashers
    (using clear/white LEDs) but Rayovac actually used Amber LEDs and an Amber lens re: very orange.
    When places like Target/Wal Mart sold them, retail price was a mere $8->10.00 per. I figured as
    "dead stock" they will now cost less and since they can be repaired...why not use em.
    ----------------------------
    ----------------
    > On 27 Jun 2003 16:16:10 -0700, [email protected] (Jerry Rhodes) wrote:
    >
    > >You have only to ask............. try this: http://www.wixtools.com/html/catalog_2.html
    >
    > That looks identical to the RealLITE available from the Great One at http://www.harriscyclery.com
    >
    > Guy
    > ===
    > ** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com Advance
    > notice: ADSL service in process of transfer to a new ISP. Obviously there will be a week of
    > downtime between the engineer removing the BT service and the same engineer connecting the same
    > equipment on the same line in the same exchange and billing it to the new ISP.

  7. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 07:29:51 -0400, "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >What I needed was the Rayovac 12 LED Amber flasher.

    Aha. I see it now.

    Guy
    ===