I'm thinking of having a wheelset built with the above rims, and was wondering if anyone has experience with these rims. I'm 6 feet, 210, and want to make sure they'll stand up.
Cycling Equipment · Public discussion
Ambrosio Excellence rims?
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Cycling Equipment
- Published
- 14 March 2003
- Last activity
- 15 March 2003
- Original author
- LIRider
- Posts
- 3
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 3,812
- Views / 30 days
- 0
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
As always, much depends on how well the wheel is built. I've built a wheelset with Excellence rims and they show better quality than Mav OP's - the rim seam doesn't have the flat spot that new Mav OP's I buy always seem to have.
-
Ambrosio are one of several excellent Italian brands and have been supplying rims for many years..... which speaks for its self.
Make sure they are built with DT, Alpina or similar well known brand spokes spokes. Double butted.
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.