American Airlines Cyclocross Sponsorship

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by [email protected], Dec 9, 2004.

  1. Pez had an interview with two-time world cyclocross champion
    Klaus Peter-Thayer. In one of the pictures, he is in his world
    champion jersey, with prominent sponsorship from American Airlines,
    something I hadn't seen until now. Can anyone shed any light on AA's
    involment in mid-80's euro cyclocross?
    http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=2759

    Tags:

  2. <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Pez had an interview with two-time world cyclocross champion
    > Klaus Peter-Thayer. In one of the pictures, he is in his world
    > champion jersey, with prominent sponsorship from American Airlines,
    > something I hadn't seen until now. Can anyone shed any light on AA's
    > involment in mid-80's euro cyclocross?
    > http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=2759
    >\

    I wonder if it was a one event sponsorship, like the sixes where each team
    has a unique sponsor for each different six day.

  3. Isn't AA on the motorola jersies?

  4. Well, I guess that being able to check your bike as luggage (for free)
    *could* be seen as a very sweet sponsorship donation...Remember, a lot
    of Cat-1's on this group pray to God every night that they get offered
    a $15,000 Pro contract for 2005 (so long as they buy their own tires).

  5. <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Well, I guess that being able to check your bike as luggage (for free)
    > *could* be seen as a very sweet sponsorship donation...Remember, a lot
    > of Cat-1's on this group pray to God every night that they get offered
    > a $15,000 Pro contract for 2005 (so long as they buy their own tires).

    Not very many cat 1s are wearing rainbow stripes.