American Airlines Cyclocross Sponsorship

<[email protected]> wrote in message
> Pez had an interview with two-time world cyclocross champion
> Klaus Peter-Thayer. In one of the pictures, he is in his world
> champion jersey, with prominent sponsorship from American Airlines,
> something I hadn't seen until now. Can anyone shed any light on AA's
> involment in mid-80's euro cyclocross?
> http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=2759
>\

I wonder if it was a one event sponsorship, like the sixes where each team
has a unique sponsor for each different six day.

Well, I guess that being able to check your bike as luggage (for free)
*could* be seen as a very sweet sponsorship donation...Remember, a lot
of Cat-1's on this group pray to God every night that they get offered
a $15,000 Pro contract for 2005 (so long as they buy their own tires).

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Well, I guess that being able to check your bike as luggage (for free)
> *could* be seen as a very sweet sponsorship donation...Remember, a lot
> of Cat-1's on this group pray to God every night that they get offered
> a $15,000 Pro contract for 2005 (so long as they buy their own tires).

Not very many cat 1s are wearing rainbow stripes.