American Classic Conversion Cassette

Jimp

Guest
I am in the process of switching my bike from Shimano to Campagnolo components and while doing so,
decided to use my existing wheels for now to save some money. I purchased an American Classic
conversion cassette (10 speed) to fit my existing Ultegra hub. The problem that I am having is
getting the shifting dialed in. When I get smooth, quiet shifting on the small end, the largest two
cogs are noisy, and when I get the largest two quiet, the reverse happens. Does anyone have any
experience with this cogset... Any better luck with the Wheels Manufacturing solution? Thanks for
any help!!

On Sat, 24 May 2003 12:55:33 GMT, "JimP" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I am in the process of switching my bike from Shimano to Campagnolo components and while doing so,
>decided to use my existing wheels for now to save some money. I purchased an American Classic
>conversion cassette (10 speed) to fit my existing Ultegra hub. The problem that I am having is
>getting the shifting dialed in. When I get smooth, quiet shifting on the small end, the largest two
>cogs are noisy, and when I get the largest two quiet, the reverse happens. Does anyone have any
>experience with this cogset... Any better luck with the Wheels Manufacturing solution? Thanks for
>any help!!

I use it AC cassette on my Power Tap wheel. 12-25

I have Campy Record 10sp with no problems

Dave Lettieri FasTrack Bicycles 118 W. Canon Perdido Santa Barbara, CA 93101 805-884-0210
775-248-7632 Fax 805-680-7094 Cell

www.fastrackbicycles.com

On Sat, 24 May 2003 12:55:33 GMT, "JimP" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I purchased an American Classic conversion cassette (10 speed) to fit my existing Ultegra hub.
>The problem that I am having is getting the shifting dialed in. When I get smooth, quiet shifting
>on the small end, the largest two cogs are noisy, and when I get the largest two quiet, the
>reverse happens.

I have an American Classic 10 sp conversion cassette and it works fine. The chain is an IRD and was
necessary. It is necessary to have the shift from the end cog to the next to be a little sluggish on
the stand but it works fine on the road. I compared to a Chorus 10 sp cassette and it is close.