American Classic Conversion Cassette

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Jimp, May 24, 2003.

  1. Jimp

    Jimp Guest

    I am in the process of switching my bike from Shimano to Campagnolo components and while doing so,
    decided to use my existing wheels for now to save some money. I purchased an American Classic
    conversion cassette (10 speed) to fit my existing Ultegra hub. The problem that I am having is
    getting the shifting dialed in. When I get smooth, quiet shifting on the small end, the largest two
    cogs are noisy, and when I get the largest two quiet, the reverse happens. Does anyone have any
    experience with this cogset... Any better luck with the Wheels Manufacturing solution? Thanks for
    any help!!

    Tags:

  2. Fastrack

    Fastrack Guest

    On Sat, 24 May 2003 12:55:33 GMT, "JimP" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I am in the process of switching my bike from Shimano to Campagnolo components and while doing so,
    >decided to use my existing wheels for now to save some money. I purchased an American Classic
    >conversion cassette (10 speed) to fit my existing Ultegra hub. The problem that I am having is
    >getting the shifting dialed in. When I get smooth, quiet shifting on the small end, the largest two
    >cogs are noisy, and when I get the largest two quiet, the reverse happens. Does anyone have any
    >experience with this cogset... Any better luck with the Wheels Manufacturing solution? Thanks for
    >any help!!

    I use it AC cassette on my Power Tap wheel. 12-25

    I have Campy Record 10sp with no problems

    Dave Lettieri FasTrack Bicycles 118 W. Canon Perdido Santa Barbara, CA 93101 805-884-0210
    775-248-7632 Fax 805-680-7094 Cell

    www.fastrackbicycles.com

  3. Paul Kopit

    Paul Kopit Guest

    On Sat, 24 May 2003 12:55:33 GMT, "JimP" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I purchased an American Classic conversion cassette (10 speed) to fit my existing Ultegra hub.
    >The problem that I am having is getting the shifting dialed in. When I get smooth, quiet shifting
    >on the small end, the largest two cogs are noisy, and when I get the largest two quiet, the
    >reverse happens.

    I have an American Classic 10 sp conversion cassette and it works fine. The chain is an IRD and was
    necessary. It is necessary to have the shift from the end cog to the next to be a little sluggish on
    the stand but it works fine on the road. I compared to a Chorus 10 sp cassette and it is close.