American classic hubs.

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jansen A. Danga, Nov 17, 2003.

  1. Hi to all,

    what do you think of these very light MTB hubs? any comments and weaknesses you ever encountered?

    regards

    Tags:

  2. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    "Jansen A. Danganan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi to all,
    >
    > what do you think of these very light MTB hubs? any comments and weaknesses you ever encountered?
    >
    > regards

    A few people have had problems with part of the axle breaking.

    However, why get the AC ones when you can get the essentially identical (and nicer looking) WTB
    Laserdisc lites for much less $$$? I've abused mine - racing (XC, DS but I only jumped the tables,
    not the doubles, and a bit of easy DH), small drops (up to 3' to flat), and general all around
    bashing, and they've been great.

    BTW, yes they're disc hubs, but I don't see why you'd buy a set of wheels without disc hubs unless
    you're a total weight weenie. Makes much more sense for upgradability! Throw a normal rim on there
    and you can use it for whatever brakes you want.

    Jon Bond

  3. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Jansen A. Danganan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi to all,
    >
    > what do you think of these very light MTB hubs? any comments and weaknesses you ever encountered?
    >
    > regards

    junk

    JD