American Classic Sprint 350 wheelset

Here's the short version: I have a pair of Classic350s (when the rim was made slightly deeper - I think from 20mm to 24mm - for greater strength, the wheelset became ClassicSprint350s). I had a rear hub bearing seize in a race, AC replaced all 4 rear bearings for free. I had the rear rim taco during a race, AC replaced the rim with the stronger ClassicSprint rim for about $100. Since then I've put a lot of miles on the wheels (I now use them as daily trainers, I don't use them in races) with no problems. My understanding is that the newest models have improved hub bearings to go with the improved rims. AC's customer support is excellent.

Hello RJP ,did you end up buying the AC sprint 350's ? I ordered a pair last.
Do they climb as well as they say ? Thanks
rjp2 said:
Who has them? What's your experience?

I've been riding some AC 350 Sprints for a few months and love them where it counts, in the mountains. They climb as advertised, being very light weight and very stiff so they take all your effort and put it to the pavement. They also sprint well, with good acceleration. The pair I got also weighed less than the advertised weight (on certified scales)

In the flats and descending, they take a little more work to keep at speed. Maybe less inertia or something.

I weigh in around 162 lbs or so (depending on how many burritos I eat in a week), and have had no durability issues yet. I did get the sapim spokes so that might help the durabilty.

bonefly said:
Hello RJP ,did you end up buying the AC sprint 350's ? I ordered a pair last.
Do they climb as well as they say ? Thanks
Yes, I did get a set. They are light and they do climb very well. However, they are not as stiff as the Velomax Orion's that I also use. They definitely need more trueing - but at 6'3''/185 I am on the heavier side.