american flyers soundtrack

gb120566

Jan 25, 2004
I am getting back into cycling after a long (10 yr) layoff. I used to train to the soundtrack to American Flyers. Given I no longer have a turntable, its a little hard to tape my LP. does anyone know where I can get a digital (CD or MP3) version of the soundtrack?

Originally posted by 2LAP
Great film.

Can you get it from amazon?

No. it has never been released on CD. the only way to get it is if someone burned it from an LP.

I also wanted a copy of the soundtrack on CD, and after extensive research I was able to obtain one. It was made by transferring the music from a good cassette copy. A digital CD version HAS been made, but it was done in Japan and I have not been able to find ANY source for obtaining one. However, if you send your request to the following e-mail address (remove the spaces from around the @ sign) you should be able to obtain a CD copy complete with case graphics.

shanku1 @ lvcm.com

Originally posted by 2LAP
Great film.

Can you get it from amazon?

You're kidding right? The film sucked! Formulaic, predictable plot, crappy acting. Just because it's based on the sport we love doesn't mean the film was good.

Remember that beard on the evil Russian national team captain......yeah right!

Anyway, if you're in North America, you can purchase a copy of the American Flyers DVD at Best Buy or Walmart (I saw a copy in the "clearance" bin at the local Best Buy for $10 cdn or about $6 usd).

Cheers,
Tech72

Even if you didn't like the movie, the soundtrack is still worthwhile. Actually the helicopter race footage through Colorado National Monument is worth the price of the DVD alone, in my opinion.

Originally posted by Tech72
You're kidding right? The film sucked! Formulaic, predictable plot, crappy acting. Just because it's based on the sport we love doesn't mean the film was good.

Anyway, if you're in North America, you can purchase a copy of the American Flyers DVD at Best Buy or Walmart (I saw a copy in the "clearance" bin at the local Best Buy for $10 cdn or about $6 usd).

Cheers,
Tech72

As JDC said, yeah the movie was not too good, but the soundtrack was AWESOME!!!! and, the helicopter shots of Colorado were great. Great escapism for us old guys who can no longer serioulsy imagine riding those mountains.

Originally posted by jdc2000
I also wanted a copy of the soundtrack on CD, and after extensive research I was able to obtain one. It was made by transferring the music from a good cassette copy. A digital CD version HAS been made, but it was done in Japan and I have not been able to find ANY source for obtaining one. However, if you send your request to the following e-mail address (remove the spaces from around the @ sign) you should be able to obtain a CD copy complete with case graphics.

shanku1 @ lvcm.com

looks like shanku1 has moved on as their emial address pinged back. Do you have the ability to burn a copy of yours? or if it is in MP3 format, you can email it to me.

I cringe thinking how they named the race "The Hell of the West" and nicknamed the rival "The Cannibal." Sacrilige!

The funniest moment of the film was when the leader of the 'bad' team (was he played by Eric Heid? Sure looked like him.) announced to the entire peloton that he was going to attack and 'stir up this Sunday ride' (or words to that effect). I'd still love to see it -- not least for Robert Townsend looking distinctly ill at ease in his seven-eleven kit.

Originally posted by Tech72

Cheers,
Tech72
I'm not kidding. I've liked it the two times I've seen it, makes me smile!

I could send you a copy of the CD (minus the case graphiics). Or, I could give you the name and address of the person I got my copy from. Let me know.

Originally posted by jdc2000
I could send you a copy of the CD (minus the case graphiics). Or, I could give you the name and address of the person I got my copy from. Let me know.

THANKS - I got in the mail this weekend! it is perfect. I alreayd converted it to MP3 and can't wait to hit the gym tomorrow.

If anyone else wants a copy, send me an email and I'll keep up the good sportsmanship and pass one along.

Hey,
This is for jdc2000 or anyone else who can help me.
I was wondering if I could get a copy of the American Flyers soundtrack on cd. Can you email me. I live in Pocatello. I would love to get a copy. I have a great new copy on Lp, but have been looking to get it on cd.
Thanks,
Crockett

My email address is [email protected]

Would jdc2000 (or someone he sent the cd to) email me a copy of the American flyers soundtrack too? I've been looking all over the place for this. Thanks a lot, Matt

[email protected]

hi could jdc2000 email the soundtrack of american flyers. a fantastic soundtrack that gets you ready for the big race haha
my name is brian i'm from ireland

email address is [email protected]