American Warship threatens to open fire on unarmed civilian ship....in SCOTLAND!

Discussion in 'Your Bloody Soap Box' started by MountainPro, Oct 25, 2006.

1. wolfix

wolfix New Member

Presbyterians came from Scotland???? OMG!!!! I have a little Scottish blood myself , but after being married to a Presby I can easily say that it is a very bad black mark upon the Scottish soul .....

I better google up some info on the origins of Presbyterianism........ We need to be vigilant against importing of terrorism.....

2. Wurm

Wurm New Member

It doesn't take overweening morality to not illegally invade a sovereign nation and then murder innocent people. It only takes the good sense to follow the common law of the world.

I see 2FAST4U has been hard at work spreading his lies and slander around behind the scenes again. That's OK, because he may not be aware (yet) that I've begun steps to prosecute him for his actions here on YBSB and elsewhere. Now you can PM that back to your loser friend.

Try this on for morality, Scotty_Dog: If you're saying in a public forum that I stole something that didn't belong to me, I suggest you have hard evidence supporting the accusation you're throwing - not just hearsay and gossip. You should learn to stay out of things that don't concern you. Otherwise, you may find yourself in court for slander/libel.

3. slovakguy

slovakguy Active Member

...oh, yes, just hit it on wikipedia. it's all there, the links between france, scotland, john calvin & the swiss influence, and (dare i say) john knox! i imagine that the c.i.a. has known about this cabal for a long time and the that n.s.a. has many intercepts deciphered which show conclusively how this band of religious radicals are bent on world domination. [and need i mention these four words?! scottish rite free masonry?] i'd be more than a little trigger happy if i saw a wee scottish ferry plying the same route for 90 years headed toward my highly advanced war ship in those waters... these are dangerous times. don't you watch the republicans' commercials?

4. BillM

BillM New Member

The smaller vessel is responsible to change course.

5. BillM

BillM New Member

This might be the most pathetic thing I have yet to see you post. You sir are an imbecile. Court? Give me a break....moron.

6. stevebaby

stevebaby New Member

And which Part of the International Regulations For Preventing Collisions At Sea (1972) mentions anything about the size of the vessel being a determining factor?

7. stevebaby

stevebaby New Member

I don't know what the Local Regs.are for the Clyde,but in Sydney Harbour,everything bar a couple of named cargo vessels on regular runs gives way to ferries,including foreign warships.I would be surprised if the Local Regs. on the Clyde were significantly different.
    As you say,Pro,the public apology by the warship's commander is an admission of liability.Regardless of his liability,a threat to use lethal force against a friendly vessel is unbelievable.
    Anyone planning an attack against a warship isn't going to use a 90 year old ferry to do it.The ferry is much slower than a modern warship and the warship could easily take evasive action if it believed itself under threat. If I remember correctly the attack on USS Cole was carried out by a small,fast power boat,not a 90 year old ferry.The commander of the warship is obliged to make himself aware of local working conditions and if he failed to do so he is clearly at fault.

8. sogood

sogood New Member

Once bitten twice shy... The US ship is worried about a USS Cole repeat. Haha! Many sleepless nights for US naval ships.

9. stevebaby

stevebaby New Member

Maritime Regulations contain quite a few "ifs" too.

10. stevebaby

stevebaby New Member

I have "Presbyterian" on my Birth Certificate.Presbyterians make most muslims look like wanton libertines.
    The basic tenet of Presbyterianism is that if you get any enjoyment out of life at all...you're going straight to hell to burn forever while demons push sharpened spokes under your fingernails with "Achy Breaky Heart" playing in an endless loop in the background.
    I lapsed at a very early age.

11. BillM

BillM New Member

It's in the Common Sense manual....little boat gets out of the way of big boat.

12. stevebaby

stevebaby New Member

International Regulations For Prevention Of Collision At Sea and The Law Of The Sea govern the conduct of vessels,not some vague personal interpretation of "common sense".
    As no risk of collision has been reported,it gets back to the threat of a foreign warship to fire on a Scottish vessel in Scottish waters without any evidence to suggest that the Scottish vessel was acting in a hostile manner.A US warship has no right of passage in British waters.It was allowed to be there as a courtesy by the British government and that courtesy has been abused.

13. BillM

BillM New Member

The British government does what we tell em....remember. Don't worry...Scotland has no oil so we won't be sending in the Marines anytime soon.

14. sogood

sogood New Member

What arrogance! :eek:

15. BillM

BillM New Member

Yeah. We're Americans...it's what we do apparently.

16. stevebaby

stevebaby New Member

Reminds me of the story of the US destroyer during the Vietnam war which sent a radio message to an unidentified blip on its radar,to heave to and identify itself.When there was no immediate response,the destroyer sent another message threatening to open fire on the blip.
    The response came back..."This is the USS New Jersey.Fire when ready." :D

17. stevebaby

stevebaby New Member

Actually,Scotland has plenty of oil.
    Be nice and they might sell you a wee dribble of it when the US runs out. :D :D :D

18. BillM

BillM New Member

Oh we don't need to buy it...we'll just come take it.

19. stevebaby

stevebaby New Member

Given the failure in Iraq and the fact that Britain hasn't been invaded since 1066,I think that scenario is a little far-fetched.Not impossible of course,since the US has a track record of attacking its allies,just very unlikely to succeed.
    For starters...the US doesn't have much left in the kitty to pay for it.
    How much does the US owe for the latest fiasco in Iraq? Please remind me.
    :D :D :D

20. BillM

BillM New Member

We don't need to invade you...we just need to speak to Tony in a firm tone and he'll give us whatever we want. He's our bitch...and so is the UK.

We haven't failed in Iraq....as I type we are pumping millions of gallons of oil through the pipeline straight to Texas.

It's a smashing success.