American Warship threatens to open fire on unarmed civilian ship....in SCOTLAND!

BillM said:
that does not change the fact that the UK will continue to do what we tell them until we tell them to.

It's an indisputable fact.
In the 20th cen., yes. In the 21st cen., it is up for contention. Did you hear one of their military commanders recommended, to his superiors in England, that they be pulled out :confused: Basra is an ongoing problem despite the best efforts from the U.K. troops.
Britain's Army Chief Clarifies Remarks on Troop Withdrawal

By Mary Jordan
Washington Post Foreign Service
Saturday, October 14, 2006; Page A18

LONDON, Oct. 13 -- Britain's top army commander, who ignited a controversy by saying that British troops should withdraw from Iraq "sometime soon," clarified Friday that he wants a pullout but not until "the mission is substantially done."

Gen. Richard Dannatt had been quoted in Friday editions of the Daily Mail as saying that British troops should leave Iraq "sometime soon because our presence exacerbates the security problems."

"We weren't invited" into Iraq, he said, but rather "kicked the door in," and "whatever consent we may have had in the first place" from the Iraqi people "has largely turned to intolerance."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/13/AR2006101300102.html

thebluetrain said:
For all our "Captains" on the forum.

The Rules of the Road

International Regulations for Avoiding Collisions at Sea

Rule 9

Narrow Channels

(a) A vessel proceeding along the course of a narrow channel or fairway shall keep as near to the outer limit of the channel or fairway which lies on her starboard side as is safe and practicable.

(b) A vessel of less than 20 meters in length or a sailing vessel shall not impede the passage of a vessel which can safely navigate only within a narrow channel or fairway.

(c) A vessel engaged in fishing shall not impede the passage of any other vessel navigating within a narrow passage or fairway.

(d) A vessel pay attention now this part is important shall not cross a narrow passage or fairway if such crossing impedes the passage of a vessel which can safely navigate only within such channel or fairway. The latter vessel may use the sound signal prescribed in Rule 34(d) if in doubt as to the intention of the crossing vessel.

Care to explain the relevance of this...just for laughs? :D :D :D
The threat to fire live ammunition doesn't really fit the definition of "sound signal".

BillM said:
I didn't know...sue me. It's Scotland for christs sake....UK oil production amounts to roughly 3 million barrels per day depending on the wind.....hardly an oil capital...or if it is then no wonder Europe cowers to the Muslims. When we're ready for your oil we'll come get it.

shut up...you're still an idiot...

BillM

you talk about all the English here...name some....there must be loads. Also, England does what the US tells them to do? So does the UK?

you dont have a clue...your ignorance of the UK is classic.

The UK joined the Iraq war as part of a coalition force. America may have asked us, nay, expected us to join. Thats what allies do. No one told the UK what to do, no one in the history of planet earth has ever told the British what to do. If you believe otherwise then your already discredited reputation is in utter tatters.

BillM said:
Well Bush has done such a fine job that I think most countries will think twice....
think twice about what?

invading? there is no threat of invasion, you dont have anything that another country wants....dont flatter yourself.

think twice about attacking you with live weapons?...your countries actions have guarenteed that is exactly what people will think about, and more than twice..

you have not seen the end of foreign terrorist activity inside the US border despite your niave view.

thebluetrain said:
For all our "Captains" on the forum.

The Rules of the Road

International Regulations for Avoiding Collisions at Sea

Rule 9

Narrow Channels

(a) A vessel proceeding along the course of a narrow channel or fairway shall keep as near to the outer limit of the channel or fairway which lies on her starboard side as is safe and practicable.

(b) A vessel of less than 20 meters in length or a sailing vessel shall not impede the passage of a vessel which can safely navigate only within a narrow channel or fairway.

(c) A vessel engaged in fishing shall not impede the passage of any other vessel navigating within a narrow passage or fairway.

(d) A vessel pay attention now this part is important shall not cross a narrow passage or fairway if such crossing impedes the passage of a vessel which can safely navigate only within such channel or fairway. The latter vessel may use the sound signal prescribed in Rule 34(d) if in doubt as to the intention of the crossing vessel.

http://www.cyclingforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7229&stc=1
shark attack.jpg
I'm still waiting for an explanation as to the relevance.choochoo... :D

BillM said:
It's in the Common Sense manual....little boat gets out of the way of big boat.
There is a very good reason why vessels should stick to maritime regulations, rather than rely on common sense (you may think of your own road rules as an analogy).
You appear not to have spent a lot of time at sea if you think that "little boat gets out of the way of big boat" is a rule to go by. Thankfully, that kind of thinking is largely restricted to recreational boaters. Those of us who move around in the larger kind of vessels know that we should expect the unexpected from such free-thinkers. When you apply the little boat / big boat rule, in which direction do you head, Bill?

EoinC said:
You appear not to have spent a lot of time at sea if you think that "little boat gets out of the way of big boat" is a rule to go by.
It's the rule BillM uses in his bathtub. :eek:

MountainPro said:
BillM

you talk about all the English here...name some....there must be loads. Also, England does what the US tells them to do? So does the UK?

you dont have a clue...your ignorance of the UK is classic.

The UK joined the Iraq war as part of a coalition force. America may have asked us, nay, expected us to join. Thats what allies do. No one told the UK what to do, no one in the history of planet earth has ever told the British what to do. If you believe otherwise then your already discredited reputation is in utter tatters.

According to you...nobody in England supports the us....nobody there wants to be in Iraq...everyone there hates America and Bush....yet you're still there.
Because they do what we tell them.

It's a great thing.

MountainPro said:
think twice about what?

invading? there is no threat of invasion, you dont have anything that another country wants....dont flatter yourself.

think twice about attacking you with live weapons?...your countries actions have guarenteed that is exactly what people will think about, and more than twice..

you have not seen the end of foreign terrorist activity inside the US border despite your niave view.
dipshit....i was agreeing with David that after Bush's debacle with Iraq that most any country on the planet will think twice about joining us in the future.

If you can't follow along..then let the big kids talk.

EoinC said:
There is a very good reason why vessels should stick to maritime regulations, rather than rely on common sense (you may think of your own road rules as an analogy).
You appear not to have spent a lot of time at sea if you think that "little boat gets out of the way of big boat" is a rule to go by. Thankfully, that kind of thinking is largely restricted to recreational boaters. Those of us who move around in the larger kind of vessels know that we should expect the unexpected from such free-thinkers. When you apply the little boat / big boat rule, in which direction do you head, Bill?
That would depend on whether I were on the little boat or the big boat. If I am on a battleship...I'd probably go whichever direction I wanted to go. ;)

Wurm said:
It doesn't take overweening morality to not illegally invade a sovereign nation and then murder innocent people. It only takes the good sense to follow the common law of the world.
I, too, do not condone the war in Iraq. Of course, that has nothing to do with this topic. Try to stay on topic.

Wurm said:
I see 2FAST4U has been hard at work spreading his lies and slander around behind the scenes again. That's OK, because he may not be aware (yet) that I've begun steps to prosecute him for his actions here on YBSB and elsewhere. Now you can PM that back to your loser friend.
I don't know and nor have I ever conversed with 2FAST4U. End of story. More importantly, I can read past conversations you have had with said individual.

Wurm said:
Try this on for morality, Scotty_Dog: If you're saying in a public forum that I stole something that didn't belong to me, I suggest you have hard evidence supporting the accusation you're throwing - not just hearsay and gossip. You should learn to stay out of things that don't concern you. Otherwise, you may find yourself in court for slander/libel.
This is so very laughable, I can't even think straight enough to produce a sensible and coherent reply. Did you get your little bitty feelings hurt? Does momma need to kiss it and make it better? Stick your thumb in that gaping hole you call a mouth and suck hard, crybaby.

BillM said:
That would depend on whether I were on the little boat or the big boat. If I am on a battleship...I'd probably go whichever direction I wanted to go. ;)
Just as well they don't (usually) let people like yourself take command of battleships. It's a little bit like having a 2 year old explain the rules of the road. I do hope they don't let you drive trucks over where you live.

EoinC said:
Just as well they don't (usually) let people like yourself take command of battleships. It's a little bit like having a 2 year old explain the rules of the road. I do hope they don't let you drive trucks over where you live.
Don't you pay attention...this is America....we all drive big, giant gas guzzling, ozone polluting trucks and play with battleships on the weekends.

You don't have any oil do you?