American Warship threatens to open fire on unarmed civilian ship....in SCOTLAND!

Discussion in 'Your Bloody Soap Box' started by MountainPro, Oct 25, 2006.

1. wolfix

wolfix New Member

After reading through the Senate Intelligence Report I do not feel it was wrong to do what happened in Iraq. Iraq is not totally innocent in it's programs of WMD.... It was farther advanced in the area of weapons then politicians running for office now claim. Iraq would have had to been dealt with sooner or later.

What was wrong with the invasion of Iraq was not having a better plan in place to have the Iraqi's to take over the power structure. It has just been the past few months where Bush has made overtures to the Iraqi's about stepping up.

And allowing the American public into believing it was all about 9-11. The ties to 9-11 are weak, but the Iraqi ties to terrorism is strong. They knew the public would assume one had to do with the other.

This war has been turned into a political thing. War is not political.

Bush.."we will stay the course."
    Kerry...." The President lied about WMD."
    Bush..." You are either for us or against us."
    Kerry....." the troops are rapists."
    Bush...." Mission accomplished."
    Kerry....."I support the President."

Cindy Sheehan..... "It is an illegal war"......{Hundreds of Berkely students
    cheering]......
    City cop....... "You are parked illegally" { no one cheers at the
    booksigning, because no one showed up.}

Ted Kennedy....In Austin Texas watching video's with Bush.... " There ain't no bridges around here is there?"

Dick Cheney....." I can shoot anyone I want."

The Democratic Party....." Maybe Cheney will shoot Howard "The Scream" Dean before the next election....."
    [​IMG]

2. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

Saddam was an evil man - no one can deny that.
    But the USA/Britain didn't say that they were invading Iraq because Saddam was a bad man.

However, the case for war in Iraq was based upon several issues :
    the war brigade said :
    1.that Saddam had WMD,
    2: that Saddam had something to do with Sept 11th.
    That was the case made for war in Iraq.

No WMD has ever been found in Iraq.
    Hans Blix, Scott Ritter, MI6 : have all confirmed that Saddam did not have WMD.

Doctored "proof" of WMD was furnished by Colin Powell to the UN in February 2003 in the debate to pass a resolution for military action in Iraq.

It's not good enough for politicians to now say that they didn't know that the evidence that they proffered was incorrect or that they made statement based on false information, back then.
    They knew damn that there was no proof of WMD when they made those statements.

Han Blix, Kofi Annan asked the protagonists for time to continue the search for WMD from April 2003 to March 18th 2003.
    Scott Ritter went public saying that they couldn't locate any WMD.

We know that lies about Uranium supposedly sourced from Niger by Iraq - and quoted in Bush's Union address - was openly contested at the time.

There is a lot of revisionism concerning the invasion of Iraq.

It's the people of Iraq who have suffered under Saddam, have no had that suffering componded by having their region invaded by "liberators" from britain and usa and then subsequently invaded by "insurgents" hell bent on having a pop at the evil west.

3. thebluetrain

thebluetrain New Member

LOL @ "Howard "the scream" Dean.
    Have you seen Dave Chappelle's impersonation of Howard Dean? Its hilarious.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8vLVJVyVmA

Byaaah!

4. BillM

BillM New Member

We invaded Iraq for the oil....everyone knows that. Try to keep up.

5. thebluetrain

thebluetrain New Member

How is my country snookered? We won the war. Its the propaganda battle that we are losing.
    The civil wars between Sunni and Shia began centuries ago. Saddam temporarily had the Shia ground under foot, giving the Sunnis the upper hand. Now, some Shia want to do the same thing to the Sunni. With the vast majority of the Iraqi people caught between the two -- just like they always have been since Islam first conquered the region.

6. davidmc

davidmc New Member

Is there a declaration of war approved by the Congress :confused: No. Congress has the war powers. Bush did what was done in Vietnam-no declaration of war. He initiated it.

7. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

indeed.
    just like you won the Vietnam war, Bill.

8. davidmc

davidmc New Member

Congress has not declared war. For you to suggest otherwise is...

9. davidmc

davidmc New Member

He was also a bad man when a former republican admin, which included rumsfeld. perle & wolfowitz coddled him (supplied him w/ weaponry)

10. davidmc

davidmc New Member

Who is going to pay the $400,000,000 off-budget financing for your victory :confused: It won't be the Bush cadre and his rich buddies. He's spending us into bankruptcy all the while showering tax-cuts on the already wealthy :confused:

11. BillM

BillM New Member

I don't understand the point you are making....we didn't declare war. We did authorize the invasion of Iraq.

What's the point you are making?

12. BillM

BillM New Member

Stick to the topic Limerick.....I know it's difficult but if you can't then just let the adults discuss it and you go play in the other room.

13. BillM

BillM New Member

Completely agree with this one. Maybe we can keep pumping oil out of the ground as payment?

14. davidmc

davidmc New Member

As we now know, as Lim has pointed out, the Congress (American people) were misled w/ hen-pecked intel that suited Bush's intentions. If the violation of sec. council resolutions was enough, why put forward bogus info as they did. Powell's future is destroyed & we have the death (suicide?) of a british subject associated w/ that intel (Niger) They in the admin were either misleading, incompetent, or had predetermined that they were going to invade regardless of the facts. Which one do you think it was :confused: Be honest.

15. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

Topic hasn't been deviated from Bill.

16. thebluetrain

thebluetrain New Member

Iraq was conquered in two weeks. Afghanistan in a month. So in your opinion we should have cut and run at the end of the 2 weeks and 1 month? No one expected it to be cheap, it never is unless you do it the Clinton way and just lob a few cruise missles the terrorists way and hope you hit pay dirt. I would hate to have you naysayers on any team I was ever on.

17. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

Try telling that to the families of the occupants of the body bags returning home to the USA.

No, you've lost that war too.

18. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

Try telling that to the families of the occupants of those 100+ body bags that came home in October 2006.

......and I'm sure the families of the marines killed last week would wish it so, too.

cut and run after 3.5 years.

19. davidmc

davidmc New Member

You don't have to worry about that because I can't go back into the military because of my age.
    I remembered now why the admin had to put forth more info than would have normally been req'd. No other major country, aside from the U.K., had the nerve (psychological/economic) to join us in the toppling of the sadistic, bannana republic leader-Hussein. France could have helped us but they didn't. Thats one reason why it is costing us so much money. Its a sad situation. You may remember that I was for the initial invasion. Its the hen picked intel that I didn't appreciate.

20. thebluetrain

thebluetrain New Member

all the more reason for the US to stay and-- if needed-- take over the government ourselves.
    We stay so we can stop this sectarian crap. And the only thing this proves is that we turned over sovereignty way too soon.