Americans are bad!

Eldron

Jan 24, 2002
Everybody else was having a go so I thought I'd throw in my 2c.

You win too many Tours de France, make cars that can't go round corners and think that 1,500g should be the average meal portion.

Other than that you're all right :)

Plus I like Alanis Morisette - no wait - she's a canuck.

Oh well potahhhhtoe, potaytoe.

ps: I have my tongue in my cheek - don't take me too seriously.

Eldron said:
Everybody else was having a go so I thought I'd throw in my 2c.

You win too many Tours de France, make cars that can't go round corners and think that 1,500g should be the average meal portion.

Other than that you're all right :)

Plus I like Alanis Morisette - no wait - she's a canuck.

Oh well potahhhhtoe, potaytoe.

ps: I have my tongue in my cheek - don't take me too seriously.
make cars that can't go around corners? :confused:

cheapie said:

Yeah - you know the ones - straight line racers with big engines, loads of power, all the cornering ability of a bathtub on ice.

I divide cars into 3 categories:
Turbos and Handling from the East
Luxury and Finesse from Europe
Sh!t from America

;)

Eldron said:
Yeah - you know the ones - straight line racers with big engines, loads of power, all the cornering ability of a bathtub on ice.

Sh!t from America

;)
heh. i see what you mean. perhaps you're right.

cheapie said:
heh. i see what you mean. perhaps you're right.

Everything is relative - if I was in the market for a f*ck you style SUV the Hummer would be high on the list. But then the H2 is made over here (South Africa) so I guess that excludes it from the "Sh!t from America" list!

Most of the upgrade tips I got for my Mitsu 3000GT VR4 came from the US - gotta love university kids with too much time and money on their hands.

i guess since we own a minivan and i drive a stock dodge charger (company car) i don't pay much attn to handling or performance coming out of america.

:eek:

cheapie said:
i guess since we own a minivan and i drive a stock dodge charger (company car) i don't pay much attn to handling or performance coming out of america.

:eek:
That's cause all the roads run in straight lines N-S or E-W over here.

Crankyfeet said:
That's cause all the roads run in straight lines N-S or E-W over here.

Now that's no fun - corners are about the only place left where you can a g or 3 without having to worry about where the next speed trap is.

That and go-kart racing.

Eldron said:

Sh!t from America

;)
And then Commodores!!!!!!!! Good ol' Aussie Grunt

That's crazy, we invented some of the best stuff ever conceived by the human brain, like the Cheeseburger.

jhuskey said:
That's crazy, we invented some of the best stuff ever conceived by the human brain, like the Cheeseburger.
and the deep-fried snickers! and pickles. and pretty much anything else that you can roll in flour and drop in a fryer. :D

cheapie said:
and the deep-fried snickers! and pickles. and pretty much anything else that you can roll in flour and drop in a fryer. :D
No. They were invented in Northern England and Scotland, I believe. The world epicentre of fine dining and healthy cuisine. Though I think the local variety there is a deep fried Mars bar.

cheapie said:
its a Top Gear thing..

corners can be taken at more than 20 mph, trust me....try a European car, you'll see.

Chevy automatics aren't the pinnacle of human engineering.

jhuskey said:
bluddy hell jerry, the cheeseburger is a iconic symbol.

i read somewhere that you guys invented the lightbulb, now talk about a useless invetion...why not a cholcolate teapot..?

Eldron said:

Sh!t from America

;)
Corvette zo6 ..the fastest, best cornering bang for your buck on the planet. ...Modified vr4??...oh a Mitsu lover. Are you going to tell us about a guy you know that makes 600 rwp with his evo hand grenade. Ah yes a $30,000 car with another 20 in bolt ons that takes a team of tech geeks with laptops to make it run . WWWAAAAAA....Boom. ......was that the trannie?...clutch...block?? or some other part that wasnt meant to handle real power.:D

Billsworld said:
Corvette zo6 ..the fastest, best cornering bang for your buck on the planet. ...Modified vr4??...oh a Mitsu lover. Are you going to tell us about a guy you know that makes 600 rwp with his evo hand grenade. Ah yes a $30,000 car with another 20 in bolt ons that takes a team of tech geeks with laptops to make it run . WWWAAAAAA....Boom. ......was that the trannie?...clutch...block?? or some other part that wasnt meant to handle real power.:D

Mmmmm ZO6 - not many cars with that much grunt for under $70,000 indeed! Much like a bicycle really - all alu and carbon...

Nah - no "my Imprezza can whip the space shuttle" or "my Evo that can overtake light stories". I'm a mature speedster :D

The VR4 is about to become a weekend car - I'm upgrading to one of Audi's finest - the need for leather, wood and space has become more important than the need for speed. Ah ageing - gotta love it.

Eldron said:
Mmmmm ZO6 - not many cars with that much grunt for under $70,000 indeed! Much like a bicycle really - all alu and carbon...

Nah - no "my Imprezza can whip the space shuttle" or "my Evo that can overtake light stories". I'm a mature speedster :D

The VR4 is about to become a weekend car - I'm upgrading to one of Audi's finest - the need for leather, wood and space has become more important than the need for speed. Ah ageing - gotta love it.
I love Audi line. I have also graduated to carbon and aluminum. I feel safer going 40 mph on a velodrome clad in spandex and a peice of foam on my head than I do in 3000 lbs of steel......last purchase was a Teschner pista with Corima disc and 4 spoke. There ya go, Aussie and French missle. BTW I must confess I do love the evo. I came inches from buying one and went with a Trailblazer SS as my second ride.

Billsworld said:
I love Audi line. I have also graduated to carbon and aluminum. I feel safer going 40 mph on a velodrome clad in spandex and a peice of foam on my head than I do in 3000 lbs of steel......last purchase was a Teschner pista with Corima disc and 4 spoke. There ya go, Aussie and French missle. BTW I must confess I do love the evo. I came inches from buying one and went with a Trailblazer SS as my second ride.
I was thinking that as well until this past Saturday.
Now I have a lot of missing skin, but thank goodness for the foam on my head. The foam busted, but my head is okay. :) If only I had foam on my shoulder when I hit the pavement.

And this time I got the full rear exposure for all the spectators to see.
The bike shop is putting my bib shorts on display. :)
A mixture of blood and gaping hole in the seat.

I put a vote in for Audi as well.