Amphetamine found in Schumacher's blood

I was a little too old for the whole ectasy thing when it kicked off. Isn't that the drug of choice for the dance clubs? Does it contain speed or do they lace it with it?

It does present and interesting problem. If the blood that was taken by police was used up during their tests then there can be no confirmation test. Can you then call it a positive under WADA rules?

I guess you could take hair samples and test those, but Schumacher's does not have any hair on his head and he might decide that shaving the rest of his body would be a good idea.

Bro Deal said:
It does present and interesting problem. If the blood that was taken by police was used up during their tests then there can be no confirmation test. Can you then call it a positive under WADA rules?
What? Sport laws are more rigourous than civil laws needing B samples!
The whole WADA system is unfair... free Floyd Hamilton!

I like this statement he makes in reference to amphetamines being found in his system.

"My problem is that I haven't the slightest idea how it could have gotten there."

Maybe it was in the straw...

...that was in your nose.

helmutRoole2 said:
I like this statement he makes in reference to amphetamines being found in his system.

"My problem is that I haven't the slightest idea how it could have gotten there."

Maybe the German cops gave the sample to the Paris lab to test, we know how corrupt they are! :rolleyes:

Amphetamines.

Jan Ullrich was busted for taking them while in a nightclub : at least Ullrich admitted it.
(Ullrich was injured at the time - and was not racing).

Rolfrae said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2008/jan08/jan08news2

Very similar to the amphetamine positive that landed Ulle a 6 month ban. Think he has more to fear from his team though than from the UCI. This isn't a good image to portray for a team in search of a new sponsor for 2009.
Yes he has more to fear from his team because Holczer won't like it. From the UCI nothing because amphetamine is not prohibited in the out of competition period. (When Ullrich took it, it was).

Could be an interesting team presentation on Tuesday...

This is just more evidence in my mind that doping goes way beyond cycling. It seems obvious that discotheques are administering PED's to their patrons (without patrons being aware of it) so that they can stay up drinking longer and recover for another marathon effort on the following night.

Doesn't anyone remember the pre-doping nightclub days when one would be ********* by 2:00am and then have a two day hangover the next morning? Its not a true sport anymore as far as I'm concerned.

:D

helmutRoole2 said:

Some one spiked my drink!!

Haven't there been various revellations-a drug fuelled evening involving Jalabert and fellow pros springs to mind-that suggest that recreational drug use is not exactly unknown amongst cyclists? Their professional lifestyle would seem to indicate that moral objections would be unlikely to inhibit such behaviour.

Crankyfeet said:
This is just more evidence in my mind that doping goes way beyond cycling. It seems obvious that discotheques are administering PED's to their patrons (without patrons being aware of it) so that they can stay up drinking longer and recover for another marathon effort on the following night.

Doesn't anyone remember the pre-doping nightclub days when one would be ********* by 2:00am and then have a two day hangover the next morning? Its not a true sport anymore as far as I'm concerned.

ROFLMAO! :D

Gregers said:
Haven't there been various revellations-a drug fuelled evening involving Jalabert and fellow pros springs to mind-that suggest that recreational drug use is not exactly unknown amongst cyclists? Their professional lifestyle would seem to indicate that moral objections would be unlikely to inhibit such behaviour.
Gaumont said that the English speaking riders on Cofidis were into using drugs for recreation. They would mix various things together. He recounts how they were so high they would climb from room balcony to room balcony of a n eight story building for kicks.

Bro Deal said:
the English speaking riders on Cofidis were into using drugs for recreation. /QUOTE]
That couldn't possibly be clean living Dave, could it?

Crankyfeet said:

Nah, its all come about since they banned smoking in nightclubs. Once upon a time you'd have a beer, a smoke and try to look cool chatting up women. Now you get a bottle of water because they only have **** beer or flavoured girly vodka drinks, can't smoke, and all the shielas are lipstick lezzos .

So you have to take drugs to cope.