Amstel Gold Race 2003 picks

Dolfy

Guest
1 Beat Zberg 2 Juan A.Flecha Giannoni

3 Peter Van Petegem 4 Lance Armstrong 5 Bram De Groot 6 Michael Boogerd 7 Sergei Ivanov

--
Dolfy -Webstek : http://dolfy.50megs.com -"That's OK, it's just a burden always being right." -(John
Crichton - Farscape)

1 Frank Vandenbroucke (hell, he's due for one...) 2 Peter van Petegem 3 Michael Boogerd

I think USPS will surprisingly dominate this race like they never have before (Quick Step style).
They have the tools this time and showed positive signs in the PR.. But Van Petegem may still pull
it out if they can't wear him down. He looks too good right now. I'd like to see Lance allow Ekimov
take it but that won't happen because he wants this race and it certainly won't happen on the uphill
finish if Van Petegem is still around.

VP>LA>Friere>Ekimov

Kendall

"Dolfy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:1fth8m8.kkipsx1bv1740N%[email protected]...
> 1 Beat Zberg 2 Juan A.Flecha Giannoni
>
> 3 Peter Van Petegem 4 Lance Armstrong 5 Bram De Groot 6 Michael Boogerd 7 Sergei Ivanov
>
> --
> Dolfy -Webstek : http://dolfy.50megs.com -"That's OK, it's just a burden always being right."
> -(John Crichton - Farscape)

These odds seem fairly reasonable, except that BoogerD is the favorite. That must be to accomodate
the hometown Dutch bias.

I'm having a hard time choosing between Van Petegem, Vandenbroucke, and Armstrong. I didn't pick Van
Petegem for PR because I figured there was no way I could pick him twice in a row and have him win
twice in a row.

Using that same flawed logic (he can't win 3 times in a row), I'll take: Vandenbroucke Doggy Dogg.

That talent has to show up sometime.

from: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2003/apr03/apr20news

Lance Armstrong (USA - USP) 8/1 Igor Astarloa (SPA - SAE) 14/1 Michele Bartoli (ITA - FAS) 6.5/1
Michael Boogerd (NED - RAB) 5/1 Dave Bruylandts (BEL - MAR) 26/1 Francesco Casagrande (ITA - LAM)
20/1 Mirko Celestino (ITA - SAE) 14/1 Erik Dekker (NED - RAB) 34/1 Danilo Di Luca (ITA - SAE) 14/1
Oscar Freire (ESP - RAB) 7/1 Tyler Hamilton (USA - CSC) 22/1 Roger Hammond (GBR - PAL) 80/1 Serguei
Ivanov (RUS - FAS) 18/1 Servais Knaven (NED - QSD) 34/1 Nico Mattan (BEL - COF) 26/1 Johan Museeuw
(BEL - QSD) 12/1 Luca Paolini (ITA - QSD) 16/1 Jo Planckaert (BEL - COF) 34/1 Filippo Pozzato (ITA -
FAS) 22/1 Davide Rebellin (ITA - GST) 14/1 Raimondas Rumsas (LTU - LAM) 50/1 Scott Sunderland (AUS -
FAK) 66/1 Peter Van Petegem (BEL - LOT) 7/1 Frank Vandenbroucke (BEL - QSD) 10/1 Bart Voskamp (NED -
BCT) 34/1 Erik Zabel (GER - TEL) 16/1

Source: MrBookmaker.com

1 Alexandre Vinokourov (Kaz) Telekom 2 Michael Boogerd (Ned) Rabobank 3 Danilo Di Luca (Ita) Saeco 4
Davide Rebellin (Ita) Gerolsteiner 5 Matthias Kessler (Ger) Telekom 6 Francesco Casagrande (Ita)
Lampre 7 Michele Scarponi (Ita) Domina Vacanze-Elitron 8 Lance Armstrong (USA) US Postal Service